Pushover notifications have no sound

Hi,

I am attempting to use the Pushover notification agent in unRAID. I have the Pushover app on my iPhone, and I am able to receive the test notification from unRAID.

However, the test notification (haven't seen any actual alerts yet, but I assume they are the same) has no sound or vibration. I have checked that sounds are enabled in Notifications settings on my iPhone, and when I send a test notification from the Pushover.net website, I am able to get both the default sound and vibration. I have additionally tried setting the 'force all notifications to use default sound' on both the low and high-priority notifications, but that hasn't made any difference either.

Thanks in advance for the help.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's okay to resurrect this thread or if I should have started a new one but I'm having the exact same issue. I have Pushover setup and I am receiving the test notifications from unRAID but there is no sound or vibration. If I send a notification from the Pushover website I get vibration and sound. I've made sure to enable all sounds in the app on my Android device and my volume settings are good.

Has anyone gotten unRAID Pushover notifications working with sound? Any ideas what I can do to get it working?

Thank you.

Hi,

After a bit of digging I have determined that Pushover is working the way it is setup to work. The test notification is sent out as a 'normal' notification with a low priority of -1 as shown in the \flash\config\plugins\dynamix\notifications\agents\Pushover.sh file:

MESSAGE=$(echo -e "$MESSAGE")
case "$IMPORTANCE" in
'normal' )
PRIORITY="-1"
;;
'warning' )
PRIORITY="0"
;;
'alert' )
PRIORITY="1"
;;
esac
curl -s -k \
-F "token=$APP_TOKEN" \
-F "user=$USER_KEY" \
-F "message=$MESSAGE" \
-F "timestamp=$TIMESTAMP" \
-F "priority=$PRIORITY" \
-F "html=1" \
https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.json 2>&1

From pushover.net

Low Priority (-1)

Messages with a priority parameter of -1 will be considered low priority and will not generate any sound or vibration, but will still generate a popup/scrolling notification depending on the client operating system. Messages delivered during a user's quiet hours are sent as though they had a priority of (-1).

In order to verify that Pushover will generate sounds when there are higher priority notifications sent, I changed the 'normal' priority to 0 and then 1 and sent the test notification again. Each time my Android device generated the expected sounds.

Hope this helps anyone that may have been experiencing the same (non) issue that I was.

Edited by derekvm
Fix typo
  • Thanks 1
  • 5 years later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having this same issue, and trying to find this Pushover.sh file.  Is this on the unRAID server somewhere?  I mean I get the issue, and I trust it, just wanted to test it out.

So sorry, finally found it!  Hope this helps any dummies like me.  Found it in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/notifications/agents

Edited by paqman