Way to Prevent Mover from Deleting Folders on Cache Drive

I am attempting to use the method in this post to protect my files from operator error and Malware.   

In my testing phase, I went through and added files at the bottom of each directory tree figuring that the tree would be preserved on the cache drive after Mover had done its thing.  (Obviously, having the tree already there on the cache drive there would be a big help when I want to write a file to the cache-disk share three or four layers deep down the tree.)   But that was not the case.  The tree was deleted.  Is there anyway (perhaps by a file name) to prevent this from happening or is there a switch that I missed somewhere in the GUI. 

Edited by Frank1940
Running 6.3.5 in this case

One thing I tried after my initial post was to change the read/write permissions so that the file at the bottom of the tree was read-only for owner/group/other (figuring that a non-empty directory could not be deleted).  As I suspected, Mover is running as root and it simply deleted a read-only file anyway. 

Create your directory folder tree on the cache drive, and then create a copy of that folder tree in another folder on the cache drive that is configured as "Cache only".  This way your copy of the folder tree won't get moved.  Any time you want to add files to your server, just copy the folder tree from the cache only folder to the root of the cache drive.  Takes 2 seconds.  

This is how I personally do it.   

1 hour ago, jevans04 said:

Create your directory folder tree on the cache drive, and then create a copy of that folder tree in another folder on the cache drive that is configured as "Cache only".

I assume this is done by setting the ' Use cache disk: ' parameter on the 'Share Settings' page for this new share with the tree to "Only".