volume

UPS Settings (network UPS server on synology)

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello

I have a APC smart UPS connected through USB to my synology nas and i will like also to connect my unRAID.

Could you please help me to set it up correctly, and in the case of power failure, i need the unraid to close safely and then shut down the synology nas if the battery is drained.

the unraid ip will be 192.168.1.200

thanks

594d1a043dd58_1syno.png.45083e61e5d6468e2fcbc5c47dfb6c78.png594d1a20bd978_2syno.png.f4a9fa97d7924a7ae3a74f31891ef6dc.png594d1a315a9d1_UPSunRAID.thumb.png.fb9bfb6d4446c25b1c156df326e9c3cc.png

Edited by volume

According to Help (toggle help on the Menu bar):

• net - hostname:port. Hostname is the IP address of the NIS server. The deafult port is 3551

So you have to put the port in front of the host ip.

I am trying to setup the same configuration but I am getting lost connection?

The synology UPS server is running on 192.168.0.10

And I have added the Unraid IP to the UPS server list

So what am I missing?

image.thumb.png.47c7ec9b0cd6600b712cae82b61cf932.png

Posted (edited)

You need install plugin nut ups and disable buildin APCUPSD. Then google Synology access UPS default login password.

Edited by Benson

Posted (edited)

I can't remember the login password and in fact no any Synology at my network, btw do you success by setting as URL info. provide ?

Edited by Benson

I am still struggeling to get this working...

Anyone with at Synology NAS and the plugin above have this working?

And if they do please tell me how? 👍

Posted (edited)

Working the principlal of trying all the possible combination of things, have you tried entering the port number here? 

image.png.579cb61af78de48ee09e8ce8c6626f17.png

EDIT:  have you google to verify what port your Synology box is using for this service?  

Edited by Frank1940

I did get this working by installing the NUT (Network UPS Tools) plugin as mentioned by @casperse configuring the UPS Mode (Settings > NUT) to be a "Slave" and setting the UPS IP Address to the Synology NAS (no port number required) - I left all other values as default and started the UPS Tools Service.

On the Synology NAS I simply entered the IP Address of the unRAID box in the Permitted DiskStation devices and checked the "Enable network UPS server" in the UPS tab of the Hardware & Power Control Panel.

The NUT plugin displayed all the settings from the UPS and seems to be up and running just fine :)

13 hours ago, petecemi said:

I did get this working by installing the NUT (Network UPS Tools) plugin as mentioned by @casperse configuring the UPS Mode (Settings > NUT) to be a "Slave" and setting the UPS IP Address to the Synology NAS (no port number required) - I left all other values as default and started the UPS Tools Service.

On the Synology NAS I simply entered the IP Address of the unRAID box in the Permitted DiskStation devices and checked the "Enable network UPS server" in the UPS tab of the Hardware & Power Control Panel.

The NUT plugin displayed all the settings from the UPS and seems to be up and running just fine :)

Can you share your configuration/Settings I never got this working.....

My unRaid box is 192.168.1.3 and my Synology NAS is 192.168.1.4

As mentioned, I changed nothing else other than the UPS Mode in the NUT Settings.

Hope it helps!

image.thumb.png.2395a65da9e068eadbc327b591c00de5.pngimage.thumb.png.a98404b41b2eb654ac0bfbe8912aa353.png