[Solved] SAMBA appears to crash and reset

rd48sec

I have been unable to use unRAID versions after 6.1.9 because my samba shares are not available on my windows 7 desktop.

I added the following to my smb-extra.conf

log level=2

syslog=3

It appears that SAMBA is crashing and restarting every time I try to connect from windows 7 explorer.  What would make this happen?

Jun 22 18:27:13 Asteroid smbd[23359]: INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in pid 23359 (4.5.10)

Jun 22 18:27:13 Asteroid smbd[23359]: PANIC (pid 23359): internal error

Jun 22 18:27:13 Asteroid smbd[23359]:   dumping core in /var/log/samba/cores/smbd

syslog-20170622-1825.zip

15 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

No idea if the problem is unRAID or the desktop, but it's on your end, as I have Windows 7 clients working with v6.3.x and v6.4rc without any issues, do you have a different win7 desktop you could try with?

I did try on a windows 7 laptop.  Same thing.  Connects with 6.1.9,  not 6.3.5.

I got it to work.  I re-did my flash drive and it worked.  I am able to access my shares using 6.3.5.

The root of the problem was my "extra" directory packages.  When I copied my extra directory back to the flash and re-booted the server,  I was not able to access my shares from windows.  The packages I was installing were gcc, g++ and libraries for Slackware 14.1 (I compile new java periodically for my YAMJ scanner).  The current Slackware version is 14.2.  I installed gcc, g++, etc... from the Slackware 14.2 depository.  And everything is working.

Archived