[Support] Djoss - MakeMKV

3 minutes ago, rbroberts said:

Is there a way to get a JRE installed with the MakeMKV docker? This comes up because of Lionsgate blurays....

Ugly details are here:

But the main point is that Lionsgate obfuscates the correct playlist. When a JRE is present, MakeMKV can often figure out the correct playlist and flag it. I recently ran into this.

Right now, the workaround is to rip on a host where I do have a JRE and then transfer the files to my unraid Plex server. But it would be nice to not have to remember "oh, this is a Lionsgate disc...."

Yes, JRE is already part of the Docker image and I ready to be used by MakeMKV.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Teejoo said:

Hi all, I'm trying to install the optical drive but can't find the value for /dev/sg* . See attachment. How can I make this value visible?

Without it MakeMKV of course doesn't see the drive.

log.PNG

I don't understand the question. The attached picture shows /dev/sg0.

Another question for the experts! 🙂:

I'm succesfully ripping discs now using the docker. The output destination is the shared folder I put all my movies in. 

I was wondering if you have activated the cache drive option for the folder you rip your movies to or not?

I didn't activate it until now because I'm also transferring lot's of rips from other computers where I'm also ripping my collection.

The thing is I noticed that ripping causes a lot of writes on the HDD connected to the share, or on the cache SSD if I select to use the cache drive. I don't know which is worse. I would expect using the cache because it's an SSD. Using the cache also has the disadvantage that you have to use the mover afterwards.

So what's your opinion?

Edited by Teejoo

Running into an issue and haven't found anyone running into it on this forum

I've tried multiple blu-ray and DVDs but any disk I load, gives me a ton of errors that look like...

'Posix error - no such device' occurred while reading '[My bluray name and model #]' at offset '[some number]'

From what I'm seeing on the MakeMKV forums it's an issue with AACS host certificate. It's a usb drive. LiteOn BD-RE Slimtype EB1, and I don't have this problem when plugging into a usb port passed through to a VM with the latest version of MakeMKV installed.

The last release of MakeMKV was on 2/27, just 5 days after your last update. Is it possible that version has this fixed? Could you update it please?

10 hours ago, c0d3m0nk3y said:

Running into an issue and haven't found anyone running into it on this forum

I've tried multiple blu-ray and DVDs but any disk I load, gives me a ton of errors that look like...

'Posix error - no such device' occurred while reading '[My bluray name and model #]' at offset '[some number]'

From what I'm seeing on the MakeMKV forums it's an issue with AACS host certificate. It's a usb drive. LiteOn BD-RE Slimtype EB1, and I don't have this problem when plugging into a usb port passed through to a VM with the latest version of MakeMKV installed.

The last release of MakeMKV was on 2/27, just 5 days after your last update. Is it possible that version has this fixed? Could you update it please?

Have you passed sr0 and sgx to the container?

49 minutes ago, spl147 said:

Have you passed sr0 and sgx to the container?

I have. I also tried adding the ":latest" tag to the repository field to make sure it was grabbing latest since I noticed after posting that although last updated on CA is 2/22, on DockerHub it shows the last update as 2/28, but that didn't resolve the issue either

1 hour ago, c0d3m0nk3y said:

I have. I also tried adding the ":latest" tag to the repository field to make sure it was grabbing latest since I noticed after posting that although last updated on CA is 2/22, on DockerHub it shows the last update as 2/28, but that didn't resolve the issue either

post a screenshot of the makemkv info widow that shows the drive info

have you flashed the drive with the MK firmware?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, c0d3m0nk3y said:

Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 10.30.47 AM.png

• Like 1

I’ve had lot’s of other errors before when I used a flashed UHD friendly drive. I used a Windows pc for ripping at that time. Those issues  even paused the whole ripping project.

All the problems are gone since I bought the Pioneer drives that are now compatible with MakeMKV. They work perfectly out of the box, using both USB or internal SATA. I have 3 pioneer drives now, one connected to my Unraid server and 2 for my PC and Laptop. Even ordered another internal drive for the Unraid server. They make less noise and rip even faster.

So it's suddenly working now. I believe it was a cable issue. To plug it in for my VM I just plug into the front ports. For Unraid host it's all the rear ports and I use an extension cable. I'm a dumb dumb and didn't think to rule that out til today when I reconnected it to grab that screenshot and it wouldn't mount at all. As soon as I plugged directly without the extension everything worked.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the bother

I bought an internal Pioneer drive and just like the first time with my external drive when I tried to retrieve the /dev/sgx info from the drive I don't see it.. The first time it fixed itself when I made the previous screenshot, no idea how. 

So here is the current screenshot: No info in the second sg row, and the drive is not recognized by the docker.

Any ideas?

MakeMKV again.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know of a way when using the autorip function inside of the MakeMKV container for it to skip a file based on size? My wife is having me import her "Full House, the complete series" into plex, and the whole series is spread across 64 DVDs (happy wife, happy life is what I'm told). However, when the contents of the disc load into MakeMKV, it shows all of the episodes, and then 1 large file that contains ALL of the episodes on that disc but in one file. Can I set MakeMKV up in a way to ignore files above 2 gigs? When I manually deselect the large file from MakeMKV, the rips take about a third the time, and then I don't have to go into the output folder and delete the big file that was written for no reason. Or rather, is there a way to have plex upload all of the separate episodes correctly just using the one large file? Then I could just set MakeMKV to ignore files UNDER 2 gigs. Any ideas?   

1 hour ago, John9 said:

Does anybody know of a way when using the autorip function inside of the MakeMKV container for it to skip a file based on size? My wife is having me import her "Full House, the complete series" into plex, and the whole series is spread across 64 DVDs (happy wife, happy life is what I'm told). However, when the contents of the disc load into MakeMKV, it shows all of the episodes, and then 1 large file that contains ALL of the episodes on that disc but in one file. Can I set MakeMKV up in a way to ignore files above 2 gigs? When I manually deselect the large file from MakeMKV, the rips take about a third the time, and then I don't have to go into the output folder and delete the big file that was written for no reason. Or rather, is there a way to have plex upload all of the separate episodes correctly just using the one large file? Then I could just set MakeMKV to ignore files UNDER 2 gigs. Any ideas?   

You could rip the single large file by increasing the value of the "Automatic Disc Ripper: Minimum Title Length" setting.

However, ripping only the individual episodes doesn't seem to be possible: this would require a way to set the "max title length", which is not supported by MakeMKV : https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27154

• 2 weeks later...

I have a weird problem and hope someone can help. The docker itself works flawlessly when it's fine but my issue is that unraid keeps bouncing my bluray drive to different sr and sg numbers in /dev. So midway through a rip, the docker loses the drive and doesn't know where the device is.

Then I have to go back into the docker extra parameters and point to the "new" device location. Does anyone know how I can avoid playing whac-a-mole with my drive? Can I assign a particular letter to it somehow? Any assistance is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Here's a screenshot of my last few sg_map commands,

more details - I have the drive connected to a USB 3 port.

Screenshot 2022-05-25 235048.png

Edited by lamp
added context about USB port
I have a weird problem and hope someone can help. The docker itself works flawlessly when it's fine but my issue is that unraid keeps bouncing my bluray drive to different sr and sg numbers in /dev. So midway through a rip, the docker loses the drive and doesn't know where the device is.
Then I have to go back into the docker extra parameters and point to the "new" device location. Does anyone know how I can avoid playing whac-a-mole with my drive? Can I assign a particular letter to it somehow? Any assistance is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Here's a screenshot of my last few sg_map commands,
more details - I have the drive connected to a USB 3 port.

724134213_Screenshot2022-05-25235048.png.5d074b1e81947a03d7e80a77a0e413a1.png

Looks like a enclosure power supply issue to me.

Letters should only change on a reboot, if ever.
On 5/26/2022 at 3:46 PM, spl147 said:

Looks like a enclosure power supply issue to me.

Letters should only change on a reboot, if ever.

My UHD-drive letter changes on reboot IF I have an external drive connected that I already connected before I installed the internal UHD-drive. My theory is that Unraid remembers the drive and assigns the same SG number as the first time the drive is connected.

Already deleted the external SSD drive in Historical Devices, but somehow Unraid keeps changing the UHD drive number. Rebooting without the SSD drive attached resets it to the original value. Any ideas how to fix this?

Edited by Teejoo

So it looks like it's some sort of USB 3 boondoggle. The drive has been working rock solid since I moved it to USB 2.0. whether this is because of insufficient power delivery on my 3.0 ports, I don't know. Thanks for the assistance gang.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so we've been working totally fine since moving to USB 2.0. I'm loving the autorip features.

Unrelated question, is there any way to get this container to run a script after the disc is ejected? To move files into the tdarr watch folder so it can transcode? Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, lamp said:

Ok so we've been working totally fine since moving to USB 2.0. I'm loving the autorip features.

Unrelated question, is there any way to get this container to run a script after the disc is ejected? To move files into the tdarr watch folder so it can transcode? Thanks in advance.

This is not something currently supported.  However, could you rip directly to the watch folder ? Is it smart enough to not start the transcoding until file is "stable" ?

36 minutes ago, Djoss said:

This is not something currently supported.  However, could you rip directly to the watch folder ? Is it smart enough to not start the transcoding until file is "stable" ?

Thank you for the quick response. No unfortunately I don't think it can know a "stable" file. Either ways, thanks for all you do! I will continue manually moving/starting dockers

1 hour ago, lamp said:

Thank you for the quick response. No unfortunately I don't think it can know a "stable" file. Either ways, thanks for all you do! I will continue manually moving/starting dockers

It may still worth a try: if you copy a big file to the watch folder, it will take some time.  So the watch folder needs to wait for the copy to complete before processing it.