[Support] Djoss - MakeMKV

On 2/19/2023 at 11:13 AM, Djoss said:

"Right click" --> "Unselect all" works for me.

Whelp, I am trying to switch my main computer to a MacBook and you have to press the control key to initiate a right click, but this wasn't providing the menu in MakeMKV. Tried it on my PC, and it works! Then I went and discovered that my secondary click option on my MacBook was pressing two fingers. Tried that in MakeMKV and it worked! 

So the Two Finger Press worked to invoke the "Right Click" Menu, But Holding Control while clicking did not. Interesting!

Thanks @Djoss!!!

• 2 weeks later...

After upgrade about a month ago, the docker will not start and I'm getting the error (group 'grp100' doesn't exists.) below.

[cont-init   ] 10-cjk-font.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 10-cjk-font.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 10-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 10-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 10-clean-tmp-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 10-clean-tmp-dir.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 10-fontconfig-cache-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 10-fontconfig-cache-dir.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 10-init-users.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 10-init-users.sh: ERROR: group 'grp100' doesn't exists.
[cont-init   ] 10-init-users.sh: terminated with error 1.

Downgrade to 1.22.2 with my extra params below and all worked but as soon as I upgrade to any 23.x version, I get the grp100 error. I installed the latest without the extra params, the app will come up but with no drives. As soon as I add the extra params for devices as below, error happens again. Ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

extra params: --device /dev/sr0 --device /dev/sg1

# lsscsi -g
[0:0:0:0]    disk    PNY      USB 2.0 FD       PMAP  /dev/sda   /dev/sg0 
[1:0:0:0]    cd/dvd  ASUS     BW-16D1HT        3.10  /dev/sr0   /dev/sg1 
[2:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      WDC  WDS100T2B0B 20WD  /dev/sdb   /dev/sg2 
[3:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST8000DM004-2CX1 0001  /dev/sdc   /dev/sg3 
[4:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST8000DM0004-1ZC DN01  /dev/sdd   /dev/sg4 
[5:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      WDC WD80EFAX-68K 0A81  /dev/sde   /dev/sg5 
[6:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST8000DM004-2CX1 0001  /dev/sdf   /dev/sg6 

On 3/2/2023 at 10:42 PM, dlsmith67 said:

After upgrade about a month ago, the docker will not start and I'm getting the error (group 'grp100' doesn't exists.) below.

[cont-init   ] 10-cjk-font.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 10-cjk-font.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 10-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 10-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 10-clean-tmp-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 10-clean-tmp-dir.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 10-fontconfig-cache-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 10-fontconfig-cache-dir.sh: terminated successfully.
[cont-init   ] 10-init-users.sh: executing...
[cont-init   ] 10-init-users.sh: ERROR: group 'grp100' doesn't exists.
[cont-init   ] 10-init-users.sh: terminated with error 1.

Downgrade to 1.22.2 with my extra params below and all worked but as soon as I upgrade to any 23.x version, I get the grp100 error. I installed the latest without the extra params, the app will come up but with no drives. As soon as I add the extra params for devices as below, error happens again. Ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

extra params: --device /dev/sr0 --device /dev/sg1

# lsscsi -g
[0:0:0:0]    disk    PNY      USB 2.0 FD       PMAP  /dev/sda   /dev/sg0 
[1:0:0:0]    cd/dvd  ASUS     BW-16D1HT        3.10  /dev/sr0   /dev/sg1 
[2:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      WDC  WDS100T2B0B 20WD  /dev/sdb   /dev/sg2 
[3:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST8000DM004-2CX1 0001  /dev/sdc   /dev/sg3 
[4:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST8000DM0004-1ZC DN01  /dev/sdd   /dev/sg4 
[5:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      WDC WD80EFAX-68K 0A81  /dev/sde   /dev/sg5 
[6:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST8000DM004-2CX1 0001  /dev/sdf   /dev/sg6 

This issue will be fixed in the next version!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I noticed that at every startup the settings file is reset.

When I change the settings in Docker, the settings.conf is also changed:

#
# MakeMKV settings file, written by MakeMKV v1.17.3 linux(x64-release)
#

app_DefaultSelectionString = "-sel:all,+sel:(ger|eng),-sel:(havemulti|lossy),=100:all,-10:favlang"
app_DestinationDir = "/output"
app_DestinationType = "2"
app_ExpertMode = "1"
app_InterfaceLanguage = "deu"
app_Java = ""
app_PreferredLanguage = "ger"
app_Proxy = ""
app_ccextractor = ""
dvd_MinimumTitleLength = "480"
sdf_Stop = ""
speed_ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.10_211901041014_KLEL5EE2335 = ""

Now when I restart docker, the file is empty.

is this normal?

Edited by Playeer007

Can confirm the container is broken. I had a file get stuck on 100% so I tried to restart and it wiped all the settings inside the container. It doesn't recognize the external container settings/directories and resets the internal settings at every restart. Even gives the 30 day evaluation period message. To be clear when I say internal I mean when using the container like the minimum video length to skip etc and external I mean in the container setup page in Unraid.

Any ideas @Djoss?

Don't know if it's related to the beta expiring but the last time it expired it simply said so and there were not any issues with the container otherwise.

Edited by Excessiive

Could you please help me to understand why my MakeMKV output is going into the /config volume and how to make it go somewhere else?

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but my searches have not found what I'm looking for.

I'm new to Unraid.  New to Docker.  Been using MakeMKV on Windows for quite a while.

I just installed this Docker and tried it for the first time.  The output is going into the "Videos" directory of the "/config" volume, which is "/mnt/user/appdata/MakeMKV".  But I want it to go to "/mnt/user/data/makemkv" ("/mnt/user/data" is one of my Unraid shares.)

I used the Unraid Web UI to configure this.  I specified "/mnt/user/data/makemkv" both for Storage and for Output.  I confirmed this in the docker command that the Web UI displayed when I saved my configuration (the full docker command can be seen in the attached file "makemkv_docker_run_cmd.txt").  I think this might be the relevant part:

-v '/mnt/user/data/makemkv':'/storage':'ro'
  -v '/mnt/user/data/makemkv':'/output':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/MakeMKV':'/config':'rw'

I created "/mnt/user/data/makemkv" from the command line before running MakeMKV just in case MakeMKV would have a problem if it didn't already exist.

Also... I specified "Automatic Disc Ripper: Minimum Title Length: 30" (i.e. 'AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_MIN_TITLE_LENGTH'='30') to skip things shorter than 30 seconds, but when MakeMKV scans my DVD it says it's skipping things less than 120 seconds.  Am I confused about what this option does?

-e 'AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_MIN_TITLE_LENGTH'='30'

Thanks in advance for reading this and providing information that might help

---Mark

makemkv_docker_run_cmd.txt

9 minutes ago, 4WoofGrrrr said:

Could you please help me to understand why my MakeMKV output is going into the /config volume and how to make it go somewhere else?

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but my searches have not found what I'm looking for.

Sorry.  I figured out my problem with the output destination.  You have to manually choose it in the Web UI.  For some reason I thought that's what the /output volume was for.  But /output is one of the options you can use in the UI.

Any idea how I can change the skip length during scan from 120 seconds?

32 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Do you want to rip a disc using the UI or the Automatic Disc Ripper ?

Thank you for your reply.

What I would like is this:

• I want to use the UI so I can select the titles before ripping (I don't want sub-titles, alternate audio, or CC, for example)
  • therefore, when I insert a disc, I want nothing to happen
  • I click to scan the disc
  • those titles that are shorter than 30 seconds (rather than the 120 seconds now) are automatically skipped
  • I select which titles and audio tracks I want
  • I choose the destination folder if it's not already set
  • I click to rip the disc and store the selected titles into the destination folder
  • when done, the disc ejects automatically (this isn't happening now even with   -e 'AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_EJECT'='1')

I suspect that these "AUTO" settings only apply if auto-ripping is enabled???

Perhaps auto-ripping with the minimum length skip plus automatic eject is the way to go...

Edited by 4WoofGrrrr

I am running the MakeMKV with the automatic mode and I want to thank you for the amazing docker. I have a question and please let me know if I missed a setup item or if this has already been answered.

It appears that the dvd is being ripped multiple times when the automatic disk ripper runs, so I have multiple folders of the ripped dvd I have to go in and delete when it is completed. Is that normal?

It will look like this in the output folder.

Movie1

Movie1-xxxxxx

Movie1-xxxxxx

Movie1-xxxxxx

Movie1-xxxxxx

Movie2

Movie2-xxxxxx

Movie2-xxxxxx

Movie2-xxxxxx

Movie2-xxxxxx

11 hours ago, younkster said:

It appears that the dvd is being ripped multiple times when the automatic disk ripper runs, so I have multiple folders of the ripped dvd I have to go in and delete when it is completed. Is that normal?

It's normal if the disc contains multiple copies of the content.  MakeMKV will autoselect everything it finds on the disc.  You can deselect "extra" copies of video or alternate audio before ripping begins.

Often, the additional files are extra content that may exist on the disc and not additional copies of the movie/main feature.  I usually look for the largest detected file and leave it and associated audio selected and deselect the rest.

Edited by Hoopster
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Beardiful said:

Looks like this container has stopped working.  Says it needs a license now.

Yes, this is expected since the current beta key is expired.  We need to wait for the MakeMKV author to publish a new key (or you can buy one if you want to avoid these troubles).

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Running into an issue now that I've got the container up and running, logs says it's unable to download the SDF and HK

Downloading latest SDF to /config/data ...
Automatic SDF downloading is disabled or failed.

I just setup the container and definitely have not disabled this feature. Any ideas on why it wouldn't be able to download?

Edit: Looks like this might be due to makemkv.com not having an update SSL certificate currently

Edited by RetroJect
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry if this is something simple, but I'm still getting the hang of working w/ docker containers and my MakeMKV (as well as Handbrake) container won't load the web GUI and gives me this error below

I tried reinstalling multiple times and checked the log and there is no more details reported so far it's only these two containers w/ this issue

image.png.67cbdfc4cbce28f5400893e6a251a25a.png