[Support] Djoss - MakeMKV

On 9/11/2017 at 7:24 PM, MowMdown said:

@cybrnook Tick the "Advanced View" in the upper right corner, and you'll see an "Extra Parameters" section just below the "Description" section

once your device is plugged into the machine, find its device id/path. 

cd into /dev/disk/by-id

then run 

ls -l

then figure out which is the USB/Device you need - see below on the far right.

root@Tower:/dev/disk/by-id# ls -l
total 0                                                                                              
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Sep  7 16:46 ata-ASUS_DRW-24B1ST_c_C1D0CL043771 -> ../../sr0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Sep  7 16:46 ata-WDC_WD6400AAVS-00G9B0_WD-WCAUF0537940 -> ../../sdb
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep  7 16:46 ata-WDC_WD6400AAVS-00G9B0_WD-WCAUF0537940-part1 -> ../../sdb1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Sep  7 16:46 usb-PNY_USB_2.0_FD_4530100578919190-0:0 -> ../../sda
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep  7 16:46 usb-PNY_USB_2.0_FD_4530100578919190-0:0-part1 -> ../../sda1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 Sep  7 16:46 wwn-0x10770454365260107777x -> ../../sdb
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep  7 16:46 wwn-0x10770454365260107777x-part1 -> ../../sdb1

so lets say I wanted to add a device like my CD-DVD drive (obviously not a storage device)

I would add in the extra parameters section

--device /dev/sr0

Hit Save

Thanks, all setup:

WorksMKV.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, unTER said:

Working for me now too! Can someone PM me and explain how to best select the proper Title when, for example, there are six titles with 16 or 17 chapters and sizes alternating between 5.0 and 5.1GB? Thanks!

Then you have to play it in windows and find out which title it uses. There are no easy ways to do this. 

There should be some guides online with using sysinternals process monitor to see which mt2s file is used. 

Edited by saarg
9 hours ago, BobPhoenix said:

Often times the info is available on the internet too.  That's how I figured out the correct playlist (mpls) to use the rip the bluray for Ender's Game.  NOTE wasn't using MakeMKV since I rip to folder structures so I can get the extras as well.

You can still get the extras with makemkv. 

If you have the same disc as the info on the internet comes from it works, but there are too many versions for different regions. 

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to use the individual gui-less executables like makemkvcon with this docker or is the web-gui the only way to work with this docker? And can I use all individual disks of my unRAID machines from within this docker?

E.g.: makemkvcon -r --messages="/mnt/disknn/some paths/an iso file.output" mkv iso:"/mnt/disknn/some paths/an iso file" all "/mnt/disknn/some paths/"

If it's possible, it will be my first docker that I try to install. Will need some help then, I guess.

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks. First attempt: Can't even load it with the given information:

Select a template: ???

Name: MakeMKV: 

Repository: https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/makemkv/

Network type: Bridge

<Apply>

"root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="MakeMKV" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/makemkv/

/usr/bin/docker: Error parsing reference: "https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/makemkv/" is not a valid repository/tag.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'."

The command failed --> Seems it's not as easy as calling setup.exe.

51 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

Select a template: ???

Name: MakeMKV: 

Repository: https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/makemkv/

Network type: Bridge

<Apply>

"root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="MakeMKV" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/makemkv/

/usr/bin/docker: Error parsing reference: "https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/makemkv/" is not a valid repository/tag.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'."

The command failed --> Seems it's not as easy as calling setup.exe.

Did you add the template yourself or installed through CA? 

What is CA?

I simply gave up. This docker stuff is way beyond my knowledge. I was looking for an easy way to install makemkv on my systems. Docker is not the way I can go.

What I did (took me some hours):

docker run --name=makemkv -e MAKEMKV_KEY=thekey -v /docker/appdata/makemkv:/config:rw -v /mnt:/storage:rw -v /mnt:/output:rw jlesage/makemkv

Then after calling:

docker exec makemkv /opt/makemkv/bin/makemkvcon info /mnt/disk3/Series/ABC/S01E01.iso

I was told that an optical drive is missing. I don't have optical drives in my machines. So I gave up.

2 hours ago, hawihoney said:

What is CA?

I simply gave up. This docker stuff is way beyond my knowledge. I was looking for an easy way to install makemkv on my systems. Docker is not the way I can go.

What I did (took me some hours):

docker run --name=makemkv -e MAKEMKV_KEY=thekey -v /docker/appdata/makemkv:/config:rw -v /mnt:/storage:rw -v /mnt:/output:rw jlesage/makemkv

Then after calling:

docker exec makemkv /opt/makemkv/bin/makemkvcon info /mnt/disk3/Series/ABC/S01E01.iso

I was told that an optical drive is missing. I don't have optical drives in my machines. So I gave up.

Install the community applications plugin (should be stickied in the plugin forum), search for makemkv and install the one of your choice. That's the easy way to do it. You have used the complicated method ;-) The template should be prefilled when installing through CA and the only thing you might need to add is the volume mappings. 

5 hours ago, hawihoney said:

3 hours ago, hawihoney said:

What is CA?

Due to the pervasiveness of Community Applications (https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/38582-plug-in-community-applications/), very few authors still post all of the required information required to install docker apps (and even plugins) to get the job done without CA installed.

Install it, and don't look back  :)

Ah, thanks. It's starting now. I still need to know why I do need an optical drive to work with ISO or MKV files.

When starting without the extra parameter "--device /dev/sr0" the tools (e.g. makemkvcon) complain about a missing device.

When starting with the extra parameter "--device /dev/sr0" the docker fails to start because of a missing device.

Faking with "mkdir /dev/sr0" did not help.

One week later. The MakeMKV docker is working now. Two additional questions if it's allowed:

1. I need to set the options on the expert tab of MakeMKVs GUI. The entryfield on that tab does not accept pasted values. Is there any way to paste data into that entryfield or do I need to edit that manually (the sel values and codecs)? BTW, are changes here persistant?

2.) I did install the MakeMKV docker because I did write a cool perl script to walk thru my disks and folders to convert all my ISOs to MKVs automatically. On Windows, over LAN, it's working perfect. From within the perl script I call makemkvcon. This executable is part of the MakeMKV docker.

I'm pulling my hairs out because I don't know how to call makemkvcon, that's part of the docker, from within my perl script. Perl is installed with the Nerd package.

So I want to run a perl script, call system(makemkvcon..) from within the script and makemkvcon is part of the docker. And makemkvcon should respect the license key and my settings on the MakeMKV expert options. Is this possible?

As an alternative I would compile MakeMKV but it references so many libs that I don't find on slack.

Any help is highly appreciated.

16 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

1. I need to set the options on the expert tab of MakeMKVs GUI. The entryfield on that tab does not accept pasted values. Is there any way to paste data into that entryfield or do I need to edit that manually (the sel values and codecs)?

Did you use the "Clipboard" button of the web ui?  Once you submit something, you can use "ctrl+v" the past inside a MakeMKV field.

17 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

BTW, are changes here persistant?

Yes!

17 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

2.) I did install the MakeMKV docker because I did write a cool perl script to walk thru my disks and folders to convert all my ISOs to MKVs automatically. On Windows, over LAN, it's working perfect. From within the perl script I call makemkvcon. This executable is part of the MakeMKV docker.

I'm pulling my hairs out because I don't know how to call makemkvcon, that's part of the docker, from within my perl script. Perl is installed with the Nerd package.

So I want to run a perl script, call system(makemkvcon..) from within the script and makemkvcon is part of the docker. And makemkvcon should respect the license key and my settings on the MakeMKV expert options. Is this possible?

As an alternative I would compile MakeMKV but it references so many libs that I don't find on slack.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Make sure the container is running.  Then, from your perl script, you should be able to invoke makemkvcon like this:

docker exec MakeMKV env HOME=/config /opt/makemkv/bin/makemkvcon [args...]

However, take care of any paths you pass to makemkvcon as argument.  By default, /mnt/user on the host (i.e. unRAID itself) is mapped to /storage in the container.  This means that /mnt/user/Videos/MyVideo.iso on the host is found at /storage/Videos/MyVideo.iso inside the container.  If you don't want to handle this translation, you can edit container's settings and add a "Path", where both "host" and "container" paths will be the same (i.e. /mnt/user).  Also, you probably want the mapping to be R/W.

Settings you set from the GUI should be honored by makemkvcon.

Thanks a lot, again.

Copy/Paste worked. Perfect.

Calling makemkvcon within docker from a perl 1-liner works. Perfect.

My mapping is docker=/storage equals perl=/mnt. The perl script populates e.g. "/mnt/disk1/folder". So I do have to replace /mnt by /storage within the makemkvcon command giving e.g. "/storage/disk1/folder". Right?

I can see a light at the end.

Thanks.