[Support] Djoss - MakeMKV

17 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

I just received an update today and it's saying that the key has expired and the program version is out of date and it quit. Not sure if it's related to the update but I realize the key expires today and a new one hasn't been posted yet.

Yes that's often the case...  the new key is usually available soon after the previous one expired.  So there is a small period where the application can't be used.

Once available, the container will pick up the new key automatically during start.

The new method of specifying the optical drive troubles me somewhat. I currently have

--device /dev/sr0 --device /dev/sg16

and it works fine. However, while /dev/sr0 is a safe bet because the device it refers to is always going to be an optical drive, the /dev/sg* devices are general purpose. If I unplug my USB 3 connected BD drive and add a new hard disk to my array the latter might well be designated /dev/sg16 and when I re-connect my optical drive it might well be designated /dev/sg17. In this case I realise that I'll have to change the setting for the container to continue to work. The thing is, if I forget and leave it set to /dev/sg16 is there any risk of corrupting the contents of the new array disk when I launch the container? I suspect the answer is no but I'd like to have it confirmed that there is some kind of sanity check.

9 minutes ago, John_M said:

The new method of specifying the optical drive troubles me somewhat. I currently have

--device /dev/sr0 --device /dev/sg16

and it works fine. However, while /dev/sr0 is a safe bet because the device it refers to is always going to be an optical drive, the /dev/sg* devices are general purpose. If I unplug my USB 3 connected BD drive and add a new hard disk to my array the latter might well be designated /dev/sg16 and when I re-connect my optical drive it might well be designated /dev/sg17. In this case I realise that I'll have to change the setting for the container to continue to work. The thing is, if I forget and leave it set to /dev/sg16 is there any risk of corrupting the contents of the new array disk when I launch the container? I suspect the answer is no but I'd like to have it confirmed that there is some kind of sanity check.

If the wrong device is set, MakeMKV won't detect the device at all and it won't be used.  So I don't think any corruption can occur.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've done some searching but haven't found much... I was wondering if there's a way to have MakeMKV name files using the DVD name instead of titleX? I have MakeMKV set up to automatically rip DVDs and put the output file into a directory that's watched by HandBrake. This works fine the first time, but any subsequent rips and conversions fail because the filename already exists. I'd like to have MakeMKV name the file dvdnameX instead. If not, are there any good media naming utilities for Unraid that could automatically title the files after they're ripped?

Thanks in advance,

Vince

4 hours ago, vcolombo said:

Hi,

I've done some searching but haven't found much... I was wondering if there's a way to have MakeMKV name files using the DVD name instead of titleX? I have MakeMKV set up to automatically rip DVDs and put the output file into a directory that's watched by HandBrake. This works fine the first time, but any subsequent rips and conversions fail because the filename already exists. I'd like to have MakeMKV name the file dvdnameX instead. If not, are there any good media naming utilities for Unraid that could automatically title the files after they're ripped?

Thanks in advance,

Vince

MakeMKV already writes files in a sub-directory based on the DVD name.  Then, if you also use my HandBrake container, you can configure the output directory to be the same as the input.  This way, you don't have the problem you described.  For example, if HandBrake automatically encode files in "/watch", you have:

/watch/DVD_NAME1/title0.mkv
/watch/DVD_NAME1/title1.mkv
/watch/DVD_NAME2/title0.mkv
/watch/DVD_NAME2/title1.mkv

That are converted to:

/output/DVD_NAME1/title0.mkv
/output/DVD_NAME1/title1.mkv
/output/DVD_NAME2/title0.mkv
/output/DVD_NAME2/title1.mkv

Thanks for the reply, but I'm having an issue with this configuration as well. When I set the output subdirectory to SAME_AS_SRC, HandBrake seems to eat my mp4 file:

[autovideoconverter] Change detected in watch folder '/watch'.
[autovideoconverter] Processing watch folder '/watch'...
[autovideoconverter] Waiting 5 seconds before processing '/watch/THE_BABY-aFoEAg/title00.mkv'...
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/THE_BABY-aFoEAg/title00.mkv' (1535e91b1a84676ab5f89100968cf6f2) using preset 'Very Fast 1080p30'...
[autovideoconverter] 0 title(s) to process.
[autovideoconverter] Conversion ended successfully.
[autovideoconverter] Removed /watch/THE_BABY-aFoEAg/title00.mkv'.
[autovideoconverter] Removed directory '/watch/THE_BABY-aFoEAg'.
rm: can't remove '/watch/THE_BABY-aFoEAg': Directory not empty
[autovideoconverter] Watch folder '/watch' processing terminated.

I end up with an empty folder in the output directory.

Aside from this, I also have a problem when changing the converter preset. When I set it to HQ 1080p30 Surround the container won't even start up properly.

I'd appreciate any assistance anyone can offer. I'd love to get this working correctly.

Thanks again,

Vince

what settings do in need to change so that i can have 2x movies ripping at the same time with the 2x different drives i have? also thank you for making the docker it is working great with the 1 drive all set up :)

cd/dvd PIONEER BD-RW BDR-XD05 3.01 /dev/sr1

cd/dvd PIONEER BD-RW BDR-XD05 3.10 /dev/sr0

15 hours ago, vcolombo said:

Thanks for the reply, but I'm having an issue with this configuration as well. When I set the output subdirectory to SAME_AS_SRC, HandBrake seems to eat my mp4 file:

[autovideoconverter] Waiting 5 seconds before processing '/watch/THE_BABY-aFoEAg/title00.mkv'...
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/THE_BABY-aFoEAg/title00.mkv' (1535e91b1a84676ab5f89100968cf6f2) using preset 'Very Fast 1080p30'...
[autovideoconverter] 0 title(s) to process.
[autovideoconverter] Conversion ended successfully.
[autovideoconverter] Removed /watch/THE_BABY-aFoEAg/title00.mkv'.
[autovideoconverter] Removed directory '/watch/THE_BABY-aFoEAg'.
rm: can't remove '/watch/THE_BABY-aFoEAg': Directory not empty

I end up with an empty folder in the output directory.

Aside from this, I also have a problem when changing the converter preset. When I set it to HQ 1080p30 Surround the container won't even start up properly.

I'd appreciate any assistance anyone can offer. I'd love to get this working correctly.

Thanks again,

Vince

Looks like HandBrake is skipping the conversion of the file.  Look at "log/hb/conversion.log" in your appdata folder to see what's happening.

For the container not starting, look at its log for more details.

57 minutes ago, Leon_CC said:

what settings do in need to change so that i can have 2x movies ripping at the same time with the 2x different drives i have? also thank you for making the docker it is working great with the 1 drive all set up :)

cd/dvd PIONEER BD-RW BDR-XD05 3.01 /dev/sr1

cd/dvd PIONEER BD-RW BDR-XD05 3.10 /dev/sr0

Do you mean that you want to rip 2 movies simultaneously or you want the container to be able to rip movies from both of your drives?

With a single container, you cannot rip two movies at the same time.  If both drives are accessible to the container, movies will be ripped one after the other.

Maybe you can try to create 2 containers (with different appdata and ports) and assign them a different drive...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2018 at 11:01 AM, Taddeusz said:

I just received an update today and it's saying that the key has expired and the program version is out of date and it quit. Not sure if it's related to the update but I realize the key expires today and a new one hasn't been posted yet.

All you have to do is roll back unraids clock a few days then restart the container. When the new key is released roll it forward to the correct date.

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys!

just updated to unRAID 6.5.1 and did a few rips from newly bought discs. not sure, if this ever has been this way before (on version 6.4.1 and older), but looking at the cpu stats while a rip was running, made me ask myself: was this docker ever using this amount of cpu time?

i observed, that it added around 70-80% of load to (only) the first core (#0) of my cpu (it's normaly around 7-10%) – xeon e5-1650 at 3.5 GHz 6-core / 12-threads.

probably i would remember seeing such a load increase, but can't help it; not sure anymore. i would have tested it (on 6.4.1), but it's my only unRAID box and is running in production-mode most of the time – so it takes some time to find a free testing time slot.

i tried @saarg 's MakeMKV RDP docker as well, same outcome.

do you guys see the same? and this is no complaint btw., only an observation.

thx, alot for this wonderful docker (i'm on the latest version here).

7 hours ago, s.Oliver said:

hey guys!

just updated to unRAID 6.5.1 and did a few rips from newly bought discs. not sure, if this ever has been this way before (on version 6.4.1 and older), but looking at the cpu stats while a rip was running, made me ask myself: was this docker ever using this amount of cpu time?

i observed, that it added around 70-80% of load to (only) the first core (#0) of my cpu (it's normaly around 7-10%) – xeon e5-1650 at 3.5 GHz 6-core / 12-threads.

probably i would remember seeing such a load increase, but can't help it; not sure anymore. i would have tested it (on 6.4.1), but it's my only unRAID box and is running in production-mode most of the time – so it takes some time to find a free testing time slot.

i tried @saarg 's MakeMKV RDP docker as well, same outcome.

do you guys see the same? and this is no complaint btw., only an observation.

thx, alot for this wonderful docker (i'm on the latest version here).

Do you do only rips or do you convert to flac/aac or something?