[Support] Djoss - MakeMKV

additional informations to my post/question from above (5 above this one) :

when i wrote about cpu usage, i was reading them from the dashboard view (which i have to add, is pretty damn correct here).

but today i had top running in the terminal, while i started another rip and was rubbing my eyes – there i saw only 2 makemkv processes which in summary/averaged consumed 'only' 27% – and that seems pretty reasonable to me.

hmm… but as soon as the ripping is finished, the dashboard cpu display plums down to the usual value. head-scratching here.

@saarg maybe you can have an eye on top as well when you find time to do a test. thx.

14 hours ago, s.Oliver said:

additional informations to my post/question from above (5 above this one) :

when i wrote about cpu usage, i was reading them from the dashboard view (which i have to add, is pretty damn correct here).

but today i had top running in the terminal, while i started another rip and was rubbing my eyes – there i saw only 2 makemkv processes which in summary/averaged consumed 'only' 27% – and that seems pretty reasonable to me.

hmm… but as soon as the ripping is finished, the dashboard cpu display plums down to the usual value. head-scratching here.

@saarg maybe you can have an eye on top as well when you find time to do a test. thx.

I see that cpu 0 uses 100% some of the time, but it goes up and down. In top there are 2 processes that uses about 26%.

There is most likely other stuff going on in the background that makes the dashboard show more.

Has anyone had any issues with the latest update to the container and blurays?  It was working fine in 1.12.0 and now it won't rip any blurays.  It rips DVDs fine but blurays it won't do.  I even tried ISOs of blurays and it just won't rip them.  It errors out or gets stuck saving it to a file.  I tested out the RDP version of this in CA and it is working fine.

5 minutes ago, TheClaus said:

The dialog box appears on the screen and says Error 0 files copied, 0 files saved.  Is there a log I can grab somewhere that would help in the matter.  I will provide a working and non working log.

Did you look at the container's log to see if there is anything related to the error?

• 3 weeks later...

So I am having a weird problem.

I installed this docker and made 5 rips at 6.5x speeds using the FLAC profile for the English DTS-HD audio track.

When I got to disk 6 my speeds dropped to 0.1x :(.

Now if I don't use the FLAC profile my speeds increase to 6.5x again 

I tried setting the nice value to -20 for some better CPU performance but it doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone have an idea what this can be?

That is what I found.  It isn't just this docker.  Any MakeMKV dockers that I have tried if it is FLAC profile the speed drops and just won't copy(I have given up after 2 hours of it trying to copy).  I went back to 1.12.0 version and haven't had any problems with the FLAC profile.

22 hours ago, jbreuer95 said:

So I am having a weird problem.

I installed this docker and made 5 rips at 6.5x speeds using the FLAC profile for the English DTS-HD audio track.

When I got to disk 6 my speeds dropped to 0.1x :(.

Now if I don't use the FLAC profile my speeds increase to 6.5x again 

I tried setting the nice value to -20 for some better CPU performance but it doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone have an idea what this can be?

19 hours ago, TheClaus said:

That is what I found.  It isn't just this docker.  Any MakeMKV dockers that I have tried if it is FLAC profile the speed drops and just won't copy(I have given up after 2 hours of it trying to copy).  I went back to 1.12.0 version and haven't had any problems with the FLAC profile.

Did you try to post your issue on MakeMKV forum?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 6:44 PM, TheClaus said:

Has anyone had any issues with the latest update to the container and blurays?  It was working fine in 1.12.0 and now it won't rip any blurays.  It rips DVDs fine but blurays it won't do.  I even tried ISOs of blurays and it just won't rip them.  It errors out or gets stuck saving it to a file.  I tested out the RDP version of this in CA and it is working fine.

@TheClaus how did you tag the docker to receive the v1.12.0 version?

21 hours ago, TheClaus said:

For the repository box input this. 

jlesage/makemkv:v1.7.1

That will change it to the 1.12.0 version

thx.

didn't help either. just bought myself the breaking bad box and can't rip season four and five (now tested with 1.12.0 and latest 1.12.2).

then tried v1.12.2 on mac (with an ext. slim-drive) and there it worked.

Edited by s.Oliver
On 5/21/2018 at 3:52 PM, TheClaus said:

It will copy if you wait the 8 hours....

I just use the autoripper feature to make complete backups now and extract the main movie on my windows vm with makemkv installed there to open the backups.

I kinda like this setup because I can just rip all the blurays mindlessly in a row and then take 5mins per disk to extract the main movies. 

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

Hye @Djoss

If I have more than one USB Blu-Ray drive I am looking to use. I assume I just need to install your makemkv container, once per blu-ray drive and map appropriately?

i.e. two drives two containers, three drive three containers

You can use a single container.  Just set multiple "--device" parameters.