[Support] Djoss - MakeMKV

5 hours ago, lomaine said:

I'm not able to download the SDF file which I believe is preventing me from ripping UHD discs. It says "Automatic SDF downloading is disabled or failed". What can I do to fix this?

In MakeMKV settings, do you have “Allow contacting web server” enabled?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble getting it to recognize I have a disk in the drive. I have the Extra Parameters included and the drive is being seen, but no disks. However, today I was able to get a disk to successfully rip once I reinstalled the docker. After 1 rip it does not recognize disks anymore. Included are my settings. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Capture.PNG

On 11/6/2019 at 1:59 AM, saarg said:

You forgot to add = after device and before the /dev/sgX part

I can't seem to input this correctly, am I missing something?

UPDATE: So I tried turning off automatic disc ripper and it immediately recognized the first disc I tried. Are there settings with that I may have not configured correctly? Thanks again for the help, this all new territory to me.

Edited by rvlution
13 hours ago, rvlution said:

I can't seem to input this correctly, am I missing something?

UPDATE: So I tried turning off automatic disc ripper and it immediately recognized the first disc I tried. Are there settings with that I may have not configured correctly? Thanks again for the help, this all new territory to me.

Ah, with the automatic disc ripper turned on, a disc is automatically ripped when inserted.  So you cannot use the UI at the same time...

1 minute ago, Djoss said:

Ah, with the automatic disc ripper turned on, a disc is automatically ripped when inserted.  So you cannot use the UI at the same time...

It still didn't seem to recognize I had anything in the drive even outside of the gui. However, I'm perfectly fine taking the extra step of pulling up the gui.

1 minute ago, rvlution said:

It still didn't seem to recognize I had anything in the drive even outside of the gui. However, I'm perfectly fine taking the extra step of pulling up the gui.

The container's log is the place to look to see what happening with the automatic disc ripper.

• 2 weeks later...

@Djoss, Is there a way to get the autoripper to set the output directory based on the disc type? 

i.e. 

DVD -> /output/DVD/

BR -> /output/BR/

UHD -> /output/UHD/

I'm trying to use your handbrake docker as well to automate the process but I don't really want to apply a blanket preset for all content but rather have one for DVDs, one for BR, and one for UHD.  I figure I can use the multiple watch folder option with handbrake but I still need a way to sort the incoming files by origin type.

Thanks and really appreciate the work!

Edited by civic95man
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...
On 1/19/2020 at 2:47 PM, wesman said:

is anyone seeing speed issues? I have it setup and installed, its seeing the disc, but its super slow, I think its showing 9 hours to complete

364553164_ScreenShot2020-01-19at1_42_56PM.png.43de6a17d3b0c075e3b0fe4722b2f9ba.png

Did you exposed 2 devices for your reader?  If not, look at the container's log to see which one is missing.

Also, make sure you didn't selected a CC (closed caption) track.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:25 PM, Djoss said:

Did you exposed 2 devices for your reader?  If not, look at the container's log to see which one is missing.

Two devices? I only have the one Bluray Drive, --device=/dev/sr0 is the only thing in Extra Parameters, is there suppose to be a second?

By CC, do you mean the PGS file?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 7:25 PM, Djoss said:

I attached the log, I am still only seeing .3x copy time or less, which results in a 10 hour copy time. 

which device am I missing?

MakeMKV_Log.rtf

22 hours ago, wesman said:

I attached the log, I am still only seeing .3x copy time or less, which results in a 10 hour copy time. 

which device am I missing?

MakeMKV_Log.rtf 23.97 kB · 0 downloads

The same BluRay drive has 2 linux devices associated to it.  In your log, you can see the following log:

[cont-init.d] 95-check-optical-drive.sh: found optical drive [/dev/sr0, /dev/sg0], group 19.

/dev/sr0 and /dev/sg0 are the 2 devices that normally need to be exposed.  However, the container doesn't complain about any missing devices... are you running the container in privileged mode?