[Support] Djoss - MakeMKV

Can ya'll help me figure out how to set this up to output just the video files with the disk name instead of in a folder so I can have filebot automatically rename and move them into plex for me? that is my whole goal but I cant figure out how to get it to output just a raw file without a folder..

On 6/2/2020 at 8:11 PM, JT24 said:

Any ideas on how I can solve this?

image.png.3eacef1ece5d2609f7c599d24d196213.png

Same here,

How do I fix this?  Thanks

Edited by bbtiger
Ok, go and change "Date and Time" under Setting to early date , say "01-01-2020", start the docker again. Change the system date back to NTP time
On 6/4/2020 at 9:19 AM, Taddeusz said:

@Djoss Would be nice to be able to adjust the container date for cases like this where the beta key hasn't been updated. Luckily I have a "backup" computer with a BD-ROM drive that I can use in a pinch but I'm sure others aren't so lucky.

The container shares the time with the host and Docker doesn't offer any way to set the time inside a container without affecting the host.

There are some ways to intercept all time related system calls and fake the time, but I don't know if this is the right thing to do.  Don't forget that this regular key expiration is enough to push some users to buy a license (and thus support the developper)...

On 6/5/2020 at 2:03 PM, Nlandis said:

Can ya'll help me figure out how to set this up to output just the video files with the disk name instead of in a folder so I can have filebot automatically rename and move them into plex for me? that is my whole goal but I cant figure out how to get it to output just a raw file without a folder..

MakeMKV allows you to configure the template used to generate filenames.

See https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18313

On 4/27/2020 at 1:43 AM, klingon00 said:

I was trying to rip a DVD and MakeMKV container kept ejecting the disk right away and the logs keep saying:

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:READ OF SCRAMBLED SECTOR WITHOUT AUTHENTICATION' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE WP50NB40 1.01' at offset '1048576'

More detail below:

[autodiscripper] Disc detected in drive 0 (/dev/sr0): DS9S1D1.
[autodiscripper] Starting disc rip...
[makemkvcon] MakeMKV v1.15.1 linux(x64-release) started
[makemkvcon] Current operation: Scanning CD-ROM devices
[makemkvcon] Current action: Scanning CD-ROM devices
[makemkvcon] Current progress - 0%, Total process - 0%
[makemkvcon] Current progress - 100%, Total process - 0%
[makemkvcon] Current progress - 100%, Total process - 100%
[makemkvcon] Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:READ OF SCRAMBLED SECTOR WITHOUT AUTHENTICATION' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE WP50NB40 1.01' at offset '1048576'
Killed
[autodiscripper] Disc rip terminated with failure.
[autodiscripper] Ejecting disc from drive 0 (/dev/sr0)...
[autodiscripper] Disc ejected.

What's interesting is that I tried the same disk on Windows and MakeMKV gave the same error (different drive). I then tried running MakeMKV as administrator in windows and it ripped fine. I then tried to run the MakeMKV container as privileged mode on Unraid and it too seems to be working fine. Is there some way I can get this to work without resorting to privileged mode?

Would like to get this solved. I have some Blu-rays which I cannot backup with this setup. I can do it only on windows machine starting the makemkv with admin rights, but priviledge mode in unraid does nothing.

5 hours ago, Ghostman_132 said:

Would like to get this solved. I have some Blu-rays which I cannot backup with this setup. I can do it only on windows machine starting the makemkv with admin rights, but priviledge mode in unraid does nothing.

Are you using the same drive between your unRAID and Windows setup ?

what is the command to ssh into this container?

i tried :

docker exec -it MakeMKV bash

but it returns:

OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:346: starting container process caused "exec: \"bash\": executable file not found in $PATH": unknown

18 hours ago, Djoss said:

Are you using the same drive between your unRAID and Windows setup ?

Yes. And it is almost the same as klingon00 has. HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP60NB10 1.00. But I can't see how that would be an issue when I can use it with windows when giving admin rights. Without them it does the same thing.

On 6/16/2020 at 7:50 AM, spl147 said:

what is the command to ssh into this container?

i tried :

docker exec -it MakeMKV bash

but it returns:

OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:346: starting container process caused "exec: \"bash\": executable file not found in $PATH": unknown

You need to use "sh" instead of bash:

docker exec -it MakeMKV sh

On 6/16/2020 at 8:59 AM, Ghostman_132 said:

Yes. And it is almost the same as klingon00 has. HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP60NB10 1.00. But I can't see how that would be an issue when I can use it with windows when giving admin rights. Without them it does the same thing.

I'm not sure what could be the issue, maybe something specific to MakeMKV on Linux...  You could try to check on MakeMKV forum to see if you can get more answers/information.

• 4 weeks later...

Bonjour,

I've been using your container for a few weeks now and just tried to rip John Wick and discovered there is no Java included with the container. I read up a bit on this page and saw that it may have been removed; however, those posts date back over a year now and I was hoping for an update or a work around? Or do I just need to scour the MakeMKV forums for the correct playlist?

Thanks

1 hour ago, eob157 said:

Bonjour,

I've been using your container for a few weeks now and just tried to rip John Wick and discovered there is no Java included with the container. I read up a bit on this page and saw that it may have been removed; however, those posts date back over a year now and I was hoping for an update or a work around? Or do I just need to scour the MakeMKV forums for the correct playlist?

Thanks

Java is already included in the container image.  However, there is a known issue where Java is crashing when it tries to handle the disc protection, like the one you have on your disc.

I already contacted the author of MakeMKV and provided the debug information related to the crash, but I didn't get feedback on this yet.

I'm not sure if the issue is specific to the container or not.  I should try to reproduce the crash in a Linux VM with MakeMKV installed...

17 hours ago, Djoss said:

Java is already included in the container image.  However, there is a known issue where Java is crashing when it tries to handle the disc protection, like the one you have on your disc.

I already contacted the author of MakeMKV and provided the debug information related to the crash, but I didn't get feedback on this yet.

I'm not sure if the issue is specific to the container or not.  I should try to reproduce the crash in a Linux VM with MakeMKV installed...

Thanks for the quick feedback! Seems like things are pretty stagnant on Mike's side.

Interestingly enough my container did not crash. It loaded up the blu ray just fine and selected all the different playlists as normal. Is it possible that my drive is the issue? It's an older drive without LibreDrive support.

6 hours ago, eob157 said:

Thanks for the quick feedback! Seems like things are pretty stagnant on Mike's side.

Interestingly enough my container did not crash. It loaded up the blu ray just fine and selected all the different playlists as normal. Is it possible that my drive is the issue? It's an older drive without LibreDrive support.

In fact it's not the container that is crashing, but it seems to have a (silent) error while Java is executing.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get the Web UI to work — I just get the toolbar at the top with a red X next to the MakeMKV logo. When I mouse over the X, I see a tooltip with the message "Server disconnected (code: 1006)".

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the container.

There is a "s6-svwait: fatal: timed out" in the log (attached) but I don't know if it's significant.

Does anybody have any idea what's going wrong? I've just bought a new DVD box set that I'd like to rip…

log.txt

On 7/25/2020 at 11:58 AM, patm95 said:

Hello all.  MakeMKV is not recognizing my DVD drive.  It has been working well in the past and the log says that it has found my drive.  However when I open the GUI, it says that it has found no optical drives?

Can you try to enable privileged mode just to see if this help?

11 hours ago, ElectricBadger said:

I can't get the Web UI to work — I just get the toolbar at the top with a red X next to the MakeMKV logo. When I mouse over the X, I see a tooltip with the message "Server disconnected (code: 1006)".

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the container.

There is a "s6-svwait: fatal: timed out" in the log (attached) but I don't know if it's significant.

Does anybody have any idea what's going wrong? I've just bought a new DVD box set that I'd like to rip…

log.txt 8.55 kB · 0 downloads

Try to clear your browser's cache, or try with another browser...

Thanks — no joy with a cache clear, or with enabling privileged mode. Doesn't work in Vivaldi or Firefox (where it used to work).

This is what I get in the browser console:

Msg: Starting VNC handshake util.js:218:50
 Msg: Sent ProtocolVersion: 003.008 util.js:218:50
Source map error: Error: request failed with status 404
Resource URL: http://192.168.69.99:7806/css/bootstrap.min.css?v=be005ac911
Source Map URL: bootstrap.min.css.map

WebSocket on-close event util.js:218:50
 Msg: Server disconnected (code: 1006)

Not sure the source map error is relevant and it sometimes occurs after the server disconnect.

7 hours ago, ElectricBadger said:

Thanks — no joy with a cache clear, or with enabling privileged mode. Doesn't work in Vivaldi or Firefox (where it used to work).

This is what I get in the browser console:

Msg: Starting VNC handshake util.js:218:50
 Msg: Sent ProtocolVersion: 003.008 util.js:218:50
Source map error: Error: request failed with status 404
Resource URL: http://192.168.69.99:7806/css/bootstrap.min.css?v=be005ac911
Source Map URL: bootstrap.min.css.map

WebSocket on-close event util.js:218:50
 Msg: Server disconnected (code: 1006)

Not sure the source map error is relevant and it sometimes occurs after the server disconnect.

Same issue inside a private window ?

Try to enable debug by connecting to http://192.168.69.99:7806/?logging=debug and provide the output of the browser console.

You can also try to connect using a VNC client to see if your issue is specific to the web access or not.

15 hours ago, Djoss said:

Same issue inside a private window ?

Try to enable debug by connecting to http://192.168.69.99:7806/?logging=debug and provide the output of the browser console.

You can also try to connect using a VNC client to see if your issue is specific to the web access or not.

It works inside a private window, and if I use Vivaldi rather than Firefox Developer Edition (but that's a pain as I have to copy/paste the link rather than just clicking, obviously). All adblockers are disabled for the unRAID server's address in Firefox, but not in Vivaldi — but they all report nothing is blocked, anyway.

I've tried disabling each extension individually, with no effect. Most of them were active in Vivaldi anyway.

The connection doesn't get established when I use TigerVNC.

console.log.txt

It's very mysterious… ¿ⓧ_ⓧﮌ