Jump to content
Djoss

[Support] Djoss - MakeMKV

538 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

No matter what I do my AC3 profile doesn't show in Advanced settings. I named it ac3.mmcp.xml. Let me know if I need to refer this to the MakeMKV forums.

Perms are right, container can read it?

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

Perms are right, container can read it?

Yes, the container can read it. Maybe there's something in the formatting that's wrong? I copied it from a MakeMKV forum post.

ac3.mmcp.xml

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

Yes, the container can read it. Maybe there's something in the formatting that's wrong? I copied it from a MakeMKV forum post.

ac3.mmcp.xml

I copied this profile to /mnt/user/appdata/MakeMKV/data, restarted the container and the profile shows up properly in advanced settings.

Can you verify in MakeMKV that the "MakeMKV data directory" in Preferences->General is set to  "/config/data"?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Djoss said:

I copied this profile to /mnt/user/appdata/MakeMKV/data, restarted the container and the profile shows up properly in advanced settings.

Can you verify in MakeMKV that the "MakeMKV data directory" in Preferences->General is set to  "/config/data"?

Ok, that fixed it. I guess I didn't understand that setting. It was originally set to /config/.MakeMKV but that was a symbolic link that was pointed to /config. So I ended up just pointing it to /config.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, now that I have this working it's ripping REALLY slow. According to the post about on-the-fly audio conversion it shouldn't affect ripping speed much.

 

Does anyone have on-the-fly audio conversion working with the Docker? Is there anything special I need to do to get this to work at normal speed?

Share this post


Link to post

I just ripped a movie with the on-the-fly audio conversion and it took 5 hours vs about 30 without audio conversion.

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry about going on about this but I think I've pretty much chalked this up to my CPU. My Unraid server has an i5 3470. When doing the audio conversion it pegs one of the cores. I'm going to test on a Windows machine later, that actually has a weaker CPU (i3 2100), but I suspect I'll get similar results.

 

I have to wonder how this is implemented though. Handbrake doesn't seem to use that much to just encode audio. If I'm using QSV on this machine I can encode a 45min video to 160x120 with 640kb AC3 in about 2-3minutes. So something just doesn't feel right with MakeMKV's audio conversion

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Djoss said:

It seems that some users have the same problem when converting to FLAC: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17494

Interesting. I did try this on a Windows machine last night with the latest version. While I couldn’t get my AC3 profile to work, it would crash MakeMKV, I tried the AAC profile and it ran at normal speed, no slowdown.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

Interesting. I did try this on a Windows machine last night with the latest version. While I couldn’t get my AC3 profile to work, it would crash MakeMKV, I tried the AAC profile and it ran at normal speed, no slowdown.

Hi, I am the one that wrote that on makemkv forums.  I never did find a resolution.  Version 1.12.0 doesn't have the problem and when I upgrade to any version after 1.12.0 it takes hours to convert the audio.  I just started leaving the tracks in the original format and then use handbrake to convert.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, TheClaus said:

Hi, I am the one that wrote that on makemkv forums.  I never did find a resolution.  Version 1.12.0 doesn't have the problem and when I upgrade to any version after 1.12.0 it takes hours to convert the audio.  I just started leaving the tracks in the original format and then use handbrake to convert.

Unfortunately it appears that's what I'm going to have to continue to do. At this point I won't have lost anything since that's what I've been doing all along. It would just be a "nice to have" thing.

Share this post


Link to post

I just noticed that when MakeMKV is doing audio conversion that "loop2", which is the docker file system device, is using a relatively high amount of CPU. I assume it's writing to a temp file somewhere in its container. This may be one reason for the extreme slowness during audio conversion.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/19/2018 at 9:55 AM, TheClaus said:

Hi, I am the one that wrote that on makemkv forums.  I never did find a resolution.  Version 1.12.0 doesn't have the problem and when I upgrade to any version after 1.12.0 it takes hours to convert the audio.  I just started leaving the tracks in the original format and then use handbrake to convert.

Were you using this Docker container or MakeMKV natively?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Djoss said:

Were you using this Docker container or MakeMKV natively?

It was this docker container.  I also used the other one that was on community apps.  I haven't tried to use one natively.  I prefer the docker over making a VM and trying it that way.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TheClaus said:

It was this docker container.  I also used the other one that was on community apps.  I haven't tried to use one natively.  I prefer the docker over making a VM and trying it that way.

Since you have the issue with 2 different containers, we can at least confirm that the issue is really with the latest MakeMKV version and not something with the container...

Share this post


Link to post

@Djoss quick question. What umask can I use to get files created as 777? I see you have default of 000. What I notice is that when I create rips using makemkv, I cannot delete them from my windows PC over the network, permission denied. It is because the directories (when using backup mode) are being created as 755. When I manually change them to 777 from the OS layer, I can then delete them over windows PC.

 

EDIT: Is this correct, or are the template umask settings of 000 being ignored?

image.png.cf17b5deaadabe16a8910f2880a886eb.png

Edited by cybrnook

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/22/2018 at 10:10 PM, cybrnook said:

@Djoss quick question. What umask can I use to get files created as 777? I see you have default of 000. What I notice is that when I create rips using makemkv, I cannot delete them from my windows PC over the network, permission denied. It is because the directories (when using backup mode) are being created as 755. When I manually change them to 777 from the OS layer, I can then delete them over windows PC.

 

EDIT: Is this correct, or are the template umask settings of 000 being ignored?

image.png.cf17b5deaadabe16a8910f2880a886eb.png

A umask of 000 should give permission 777 to folders.

MakeMKV doesn't create files/folders correctly and requires a hack to properly respect the umask.  It seems that this hack doesn't apply to backup mode.  I will fix that.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Djoss said:

A umask of 000 should give permission 777 to folders.

MakeMKV doesn't create files/folders correctly and requires a hack to properly respect the umask.  It seems that this hack doesn't apply to backup mode.  I will fix that.

Thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post

Help please - my key has expired for the first time and doesn't want to renew

 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='MakeMKV' --net='br0' --ip='172.30.12.99' --cpuset-cpus='5,6,7,19,20,21' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'MAKEMKV_KEY'='BETA' -e 'AUTO_DISC_RIPPER'='0' -e 'AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_EJECT'='0' -e 'AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_PARALLEL_RIP'='0' -e 'AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_BD_MODE'='mkv' -e 'USER_ID'='99' -e 'GROUP_ID'='100' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'APP_NICENESS'='' -e 'DISPLAY_WIDTH'='1280' -e 'DISPLAY_HEIGHT'='768' -e 'SECURE_CONNECTION'='0' -e 'X11VNC_EXTRA_OPTS'='' -e 'AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_INTERVAL'='5' -e 'AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_MIN_TITLE_LENGTH'='' -e 'TCP_PORT_5800'='7806' -e 'TCP_PORT_5900'='7906' -e 'TCP_PORT_51000'='51000' -v '/mnt/user/':'/storage':'ro' -v '/mnt/disks/ud_pool/appdata/other/MakeMKV':'/output':'rw,slave' -v '/mnt/disks/':'/disks':'rw,slave' -v '/mnt/user/':'/user':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/dockers/MakeMKV':'/config':'rw' 'jlesage/makemkv' 

Update:  It must just take a while to do - just opened the container again without re-starting and it was fine

Edited by DZMM

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DZMM said:

Help please - my key has expired for the first time and doesn't want to renew

 


root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='MakeMKV' --net='br0' --ip='172.30.12.99' --cpuset-cpus='5,6,7,19,20,21' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'MAKEMKV_KEY'='BETA' -e 'AUTO_DISC_RIPPER'='0' -e 'AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_EJECT'='0' -e 'AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_PARALLEL_RIP'='0' -e 'AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_BD_MODE'='mkv' -e 'USER_ID'='99' -e 'GROUP_ID'='100' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'APP_NICENESS'='' -e 'DISPLAY_WIDTH'='1280' -e 'DISPLAY_HEIGHT'='768' -e 'SECURE_CONNECTION'='0' -e 'X11VNC_EXTRA_OPTS'='' -e 'AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_INTERVAL'='5' -e 'AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_MIN_TITLE_LENGTH'='' -e 'TCP_PORT_5800'='7806' -e 'TCP_PORT_5900'='7906' -e 'TCP_PORT_51000'='51000' -v '/mnt/user/':'/storage':'ro' -v '/mnt/disks/ud_pool/appdata/other/MakeMKV':'/output':'rw,slave' -v '/mnt/disks/':'/disks':'rw,slave' -v '/mnt/user/':'/user':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/dockers/MakeMKV':'/config':'rw' 'jlesage/makemkv' 

Update:  It must just take a while to do - just opened the container again without re-starting and it was fine

ok, just restarted docker and it's saying expired again - help please

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, DZMM said:

ok, just restarted docker and it's saying expired again - help please

 

Buy a license and your problem is solved 😉

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, DZMM said:

I've never used MakeMKV before - I didn't realise you had to buy a key.  I was basing my info on these instructions:

 

https://github.com/jlesage/docker-makemkv#expired-beta-key

 

 

You don't HAVE to buy a key. But in that case, if you do stick with the BETA key, you will have gaps in time where the current key expires, and Mike hasn't posted a new one yet. Normally about a week or two in between.

 

If you get tired of that, buy a key, then follow DJoss's instructions on changing from BETA key to UNSET and then add your key in the GUI.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.