[Support] Djoss - MakeMKV


595 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Support for MakeMKV docker container   Application Name: MakeMKV Application Site: http://makemkv.com/ Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/makemkv/ Github: https://github.com/jles

The problem is that there is not a single Java version that works in all scenarios.  The version that would work with playlist obfuscation causes MakeMKV to crash with certain Blu-Ray protections.

Ok finally I bought the disc and reproduced the issue.  Looks like a Java upgrade (to version 11) fixes the issue.  I will hopefully terminate and push the fix later today.

Posted Images

I feel like I'm missing something obvious but I'm stuck at the moment with Hashed Keys for UHD discs.

 

I used to go to https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16959 and download the latest file and I was good to go.

 

It's been a while since I have but now it looks like there is no file to manually download anymore but rather

 

"MakeMKV automatically downloads the latest hash key file as needed, provided you have "contact the web server" enabled in your preferences"

 

I don't see that option anywhere and searching seems to just lead to the same "My beta key stopped working" question asked a few hundred times.

 

Hopefully it's something simple and I doubt I'm the first person to run into this. Thanks

Link to post
On 8/29/2020 at 10:40 AM, ur6969 said:

Does anyone have any additional input on this issue?

 

I have used the docker to rip about a dozen Blu Rays over several weeks, but over the last 3 weeks or so every rip requires an unclean (hold power button) shutdown before I can rip a second.  The docker hangs and will not stop or restart when using the Unraid GUI.

 

I can't make the docker stop or restart itself.

Having a similar issue with this container. In my case, I just installed it, went to the webgui, no response, tried to restart then stop it, no response so I tried to edit it and same. Finally tried to remove it and it's completely unresponsive. I'd reboot the server but I'm in the middle of a preclear. Is there a safe way to stop it from the command line? My other dockers are working fine (ie responding to restart and stop commands) and the container log just says there's no log because docker is marked for removal.

 

Edit: Docker became unresponsive so I had to stop and start the array. Container is gone now.

Edited by betaman
Link to post
1 hour ago, betaman said:

Having a similar issue with this container. In my case, I just installed it, went to the webgui, no response, tried to restart then stop it, no response so I tried to edit it and same. Finally tried to remove it and it's completely unresponsive. I'd reboot the server but I'm in the middle of a preclear. Is there a safe way to stop it from the command line? My other dockers are working fine (ie responding to restart and stop commands) and the container log just says there's no log because docker is marked for removal.

 

Edit: Docker became unresponsive so I had to stop and start the array. Container is gone now.

Did you try `docker kill <containerid>`?

Link to post
2 hours ago, betaman said:

No but that’s what I was wondering - if there’s a CL command I could invoke.

That would probably be it.  `docker ps` will show you what’s running and `docker kill <id>` will take it down. You should be able to use the name (label) or the hex id, I think.

Link to post
On 12/24/2020 at 11:34 AM, SoCold said:

I feel like I'm missing something obvious but I'm stuck at the moment with Hashed Keys for UHD discs.

 

I used to go to https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16959 and download the latest file and I was good to go.

 

It's been a while since I have but now it looks like there is no file to manually download anymore but rather

 

"MakeMKV automatically downloads the latest hash key file as needed, provided you have "contact the web server" enabled in your preferences"

 

I don't see that option anywhere and searching seems to just lead to the same "My beta key stopped working" question asked a few hundred times.

 

Hopefully it's something simple and I doubt I'm the first person to run into this. Thanks

With the latest version, in MakeMKV you click View->Preferences.  Under the "General" tab, you have a checkbox "Enable Internet access".

Link to post
On 11/24/2020 at 6:01 PM, BoxOfSnoo said:

I've been using this container for quite a while now, successfully, but now it's coming up with the SCSI error 'ILLEGAL REQUEST:READ OF SCRAMBLED SECTOR WITHOUT AUTHENTICATION'.

 

The devices are mapped fine, and it's running in privileged mode.  The problem seems to be with the autoripper only... when I turn that off, and go in through the GUI, it logs that error but then rips perfectly fine.

 

Is there a way to have the autoripper not give up so easily?

Could you try to rip the disc manually and provide the output ?

 

First, login to the container:

docker exec -ti MakeMKV sh

Then, to rip disc 0, execute:

env HOME=/config /opt/makemkv/bin/makemkvcon -r --progress=-same mkv disc:0 all /output/manual_rip_test

If you don't know the disc ID, you can run:

/opt/makemkv/bin/makemkvcon -r --cache=1 info disc:9999

 

Link to post

i am new to unraid but i just built my first server and i am having troubles configureing it to run makemkv. I have two asus blu ray drives and both are seen in makemkv. the problem is i am getting a region error and i dont know how to configure the region on my drives. i have googled and looked through this forum for a few hours and any help would be appreciated. also my unraid say sudo command not found and apt-get command not found  and those seem to be the most common used commands for this.

 

Link to post
15 hours ago, kallen said:

i am new to unraid but i just built my first server and i am having troubles configureing it to run makemkv. I have two asus blu ray drives and both are seen in makemkv. the problem is i am getting a region error and i dont know how to configure the region on my drives. i have googled and looked through this forum for a few hours and any help would be appreciated. also my unraid say sudo command not found and apt-get command not found  and those seem to be the most common used commands for this.

 

Which error are you getting exactly ?  Is the error preventing the disc to be ripped ?

Also, what is the model of your drives ?

Link to post
15 hours ago, kallen said:

i am new to unraid but i just built my first server and i am having troubles configureing it to run makemkv. I have two asus blu ray drives and both are seen in makemkv. the problem is i am getting a region error and i dont know how to configure the region on my drives. i have googled and looked through this forum for a few hours and any help would be appreciated. also my unraid say sudo command not found and apt-get command not found  and those seem to be the most common used commands for this.

 

If it's a brand new drive, the region might not be set at all.  You need to run the regionset command but it's not super easy on unRAID.

 

You can either set up a VM and pass through the device so you can do it with another OS, or plug it in another machine and set the device there.

 

Passing through the device is explained here:

 

The easiest would be to set it on another machine, if you have one available... it only ever needs to be done once.

Link to post
On 1/2/2021 at 11:50 AM, Djoss said:

Could you try to rip the disc manually and provide the output ?

 

First, login to the container:


docker exec -ti MakeMKV sh

Then, to rip disc 0, execute:


env HOME=/config /opt/makemkv/bin/makemkvcon -r --progress=-same mkv disc:0 all /output/manual_rip_test

If you don't know the disc ID, you can run:


/opt/makemkv/bin/makemkvcon -r --cache=1 info disc:9999

 

Yup sadly the manual rip works as well.  I mean it does complain, but it doesn't immediately eject the disk and give up.  The start of the log messages are...

 

MSG:1005,0,1,"MakeMKV v1.15.4 linux(x64-release) started","%1 started","MakeMKV v1.15.4 linux(x64-release)"
PRGT:5018,0,"Scanning CD-ROM devices"
PRGC:5018,0,"Scanning CD-ROM devices"
PRGV:0,0,65536
PRGV:0,0,65536
PRGV:65536,0,65536
PRGV:65536,65536,65536
MSG:2003,0,3,"Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:READ OF SCRAMBLED SECTOR WITHOUT AUTHENTICATION' occurred while reading 'DVD+R-DL ATAPI DVD A  DH16AASH SA15' at offset '1048576'","Error '%1' occurred while reading '%2' at offset '%3'","Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:READ OF SCRAMBLED SECTOR WITHOUT AUTHENTICATION","DVD+R-DL ATAPI DVD A  DH16AASH SA15","1048576"
DRV:0,2,999,1,"DVD+R-DL ATAPI DVD A  DH16AASH SA15","ROBIN_HOOD_S1_D1","/dev/sr1"

There's a lot more, but I don't think it's very useful?

 

Link to post
12 minutes ago, BoxOfSnoo said:

Yup sadly the manual rip works as well.  I mean it does complain, but it doesn't immediately eject the disk and give up.  The start of the log messages are...

 


MSG:1005,0,1,"MakeMKV v1.15.4 linux(x64-release) started","%1 started","MakeMKV v1.15.4 linux(x64-release)"
PRGT:5018,0,"Scanning CD-ROM devices"
PRGC:5018,0,"Scanning CD-ROM devices"
PRGV:0,0,65536
PRGV:0,0,65536
PRGV:65536,0,65536
PRGV:65536,65536,65536
MSG:2003,0,3,"Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:READ OF SCRAMBLED SECTOR WITHOUT AUTHENTICATION' occurred while reading 'DVD+R-DL ATAPI DVD A  DH16AASH SA15' at offset '1048576'","Error '%1' occurred while reading '%2' at offset '%3'","Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:READ OF SCRAMBLED SECTOR WITHOUT AUTHENTICATION","DVD+R-DL ATAPI DVD A  DH16AASH SA15","1048576"
DRV:0,2,999,1,"DVD+R-DL ATAPI DVD A  DH16AASH SA15","ROBIN_HOOD_S1_D1","/dev/sr1"

There's a lot more, but I don't think it's very useful?

 

Great thanks for the info.  Are you getting the error a single time ?  What is the message just after the error ?

Link to post
Just now, Djoss said:

Great thanks for the info.  Are you getting the error a single time ?  What is the message just after the error ?

A single time, with each disc.  After that, it shows all of the DRV records, then stuff like this:

PRGV:0,65536,65536
PRGV:0,0,65536
PRGT:3100,0,"Opening DVD disc"
MSG:3007,0,0,"Using direct disc access mode","Using direct disc access mode"
PRGC:3102,0,"Processing title sets"
PRGV:0,0,65536
PRGV:0,0,65536
PRGV:6553,0,65536
PRGV:6553,2184,65536
PRGV:13107,2184,65536
PRGV:13107,4369,65536
PRGV:19660,4369,65536
PRGV:19660,6553,65536
PRGV:26214,6553,65536
PRGV:26214,8738,65536
PRGV:32768,8738,65536
PRGV:32768,10922,65536
PRGV:39321,10922,65536
PRGV:39321,13107,65536
PRGV:45875,13107,65536
PRGV:45875,15291,65536
PRGV:52428,15291,65536
PRGV:52428,17476,65536
PRGV:58982,17476,65536
PRGV:58982,19660,65536
PRGC:3103,0,"Processing titles"
PRGV:0,19660,65536

More PRGV and MSG records (either "too short" or "added" messages).  Then "Decrypting data", and proceeds to "Saving all titles".  Normal stuff.

Link to post
Just now, BoxOfSnoo said:

A single time, with each disc.  After that, it shows all of the DRV records, then stuff like this:


PRGV:0,65536,65536
PRGV:0,0,65536
PRGT:3100,0,"Opening DVD disc"
MSG:3007,0,0,"Using direct disc access mode","Using direct disc access mode"
PRGC:3102,0,"Processing title sets"
PRGV:0,0,65536
PRGV:0,0,65536
PRGV:6553,0,65536
PRGV:6553,2184,65536
PRGV:13107,2184,65536
PRGV:13107,4369,65536
PRGV:19660,4369,65536
PRGV:19660,6553,65536
PRGV:26214,6553,65536
PRGV:26214,8738,65536
PRGV:32768,8738,65536
PRGV:32768,10922,65536
PRGV:39321,10922,65536
PRGV:39321,13107,65536
PRGV:45875,13107,65536
PRGV:45875,15291,65536
PRGV:52428,15291,65536
PRGV:52428,17476,65536
PRGV:58982,17476,65536
PRGV:58982,19660,65536
PRGC:3103,0,"Processing titles"
PRGV:0,19660,65536

More PRGV and MSG records (either "too short" or "added" messages).  Then "Decrypting data", and proceeds to "Saving all titles".  Normal stuff.

Perfect.  Currently, the automatic disc ripper stops for any scsi error (message code 2003).  But in your scenario, the error is harmless (see https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=961#p38393 and https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=961#p38449).

I will fix that.  Thanks for your help!

 

Link to post
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

 

I justed started to begin my testings with the latest unRAID 6.9 beta and I wonder if the MakeMKV docker is compatible with it?

 

I have added my optical drive within the extra parameters section: " --device /dev/sr0" The Docker container starts without any errors but MakeMKV do not regognize any optical drive. I have also tested it with " --device /dev/sr0 --device /dev/sg0", but no luck.

 

I can remember that it worked over a year ago with my first tests with unRAID 6.8 but as this caused many bugs with my X570 board and Ryzen 3900X unRAID 6.8 is no option for me...

Link to post
Hi,
 
I justed started to begin my testings with the latest unRAID 6.9 beta and I wonder if the MakeMKV docker is compatible with it?
 
I have added my optical drive within the extra parameters section: " --device /dev/sr0" The Docker container starts without any errors but MakeMKV do not regognize any optical drive. I have also tested it with " --device /dev/sr0 --device /dev/sg0", but no luck.
 
I can remember that it worked over a year ago with my first tests with unRAID 6.8 but as this caused many bugs with my X570 board and Ryzen 3900X unRAID 6.8 is no option for me...

The log will tell you what parameters to pass for your optical drive
Link to post

i can't seem to get this image running. after the installation i add "--device /dev/sr0 --device /dev/sg11" as an extra option. with or without it the vnc connection starts, but makemkv only shows a red X at the top left corner. error 1006. the log does not appear to show any errors. apparenlty vnc starts but makemkv doesnt i guess. what cna i do to figure out what goes wrong?

Link to post
5 minutes ago, likesboc said:

i can't seem to get this image running. after the installation i add "--device /dev/sr0 --device /dev/sg11" as an extra option. with or without it the vnc connection starts, but makemkv only shows a red X at the top left corner. error 1006. the log does not appear to show any errors. apparenlty vnc starts but makemkv doesnt i guess. what cna i do to figure out what goes wrong?

Probably a cache issue.  Try to clear your browser's cache.

Link to post
51 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Probably a cache issue.  Try to clear your browser's cache.

oh wow, yeah, it was only that. thank you so much for getting back to me this quickly! the image works now right out of the box. the very detailed guide in it's description helped me a lot and where easy to followl. i'll give the automated mode a try next! cheers :)

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.