ASUS XG-C100C 10GBe NIC

PsiReaper

8 hours ago, kanichkhun said:

@limetechcan we have confirmation on this?

We've added Aquantia support in 6.4.0-rc7 (not yet published as of writing this).

However, looking at the linux driver from here:

https://www.asus.com/Networking/XG-C100C/HelpDesk_Download/

Reveals the version of the 'Atlantic' driver to be 1.5.348   (I guess they don't like incrementing the minor version very much)

The version of the 'Atlantic' driver in latest 4.11 and 4.12 kernel shows as 1.5.345

I don't know if the update is required for that specific card.  Eventually the in-tree driver will get updated.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I've ordered one card but I will only be able to give a feedback on compatibility not speed. Speed will be poor due to my current config (PCIe 2.0 x1 and Celeron CPU). Any feedback is appreciated especially regarding the CPU load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/18/2017 at 4:19 AM, stomp said:

I've ordered one card but I will only be able to give a feedback on compatibility not speed. Speed will be poor due to my current config (PCIe 2.0 x1 and Celeron CPU). Any feedback is appreciated especially regarding the CPU load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate your Update Stomp! I was wondering if you ever got that second card in and were able to verify receiving 10Gb Send and Receive flawlessly. I am Seriously considering Moving to UnRaid, and this is the only thing that I haven't figured out yet. I appreciate your update, sorry I know its an old Thread. Thank You!

• 1 month later...

Yes it works. I got around 500 Mo/s write speed to the SSD cache disk (write speed limited by the drive speed). It was not easy to set up a 10Gbe network though and I still struggle to understand how everything somehow works. On the PC side, I got strange behavior with one NIC used by IPv4 usenet servers and one NIC used by IPv6 usenet servers concurrently. That's one of the strange behavior of my network ATM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, stomp said:

Yes it works. I got around 500 Mo/s write speed to the SSD cache disk (write speed limited by the drive speed). It was not easy to set up a 10Gbe network though and I still struggle to understand how everything somehow works. On the PC side, I got strange behavior with one NIC used by IPv4 usenet servers and one NIC used by IPv6 usenet servers concurrently. That's one of the strange behavior of my network ATM.

That is strange Indeed. But I really do appreciate your response. I am slowly starting to migrate everything over. I just don't want to lose my 10Gb Network between my "Server" and my Workstations, so this is helpful, thank you!

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
can someone confirm, is this card XG-C100F working on unraid 6.7.2?
i really dislike anything that is marketed with "gaming" but it seems widely available, i need to interconnect 2 servers in the rack with faster speeds and this seemed like a good way to go.

I have the XG-C100C for a while and it works.
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hmmm got this installed there but having issues... unraid sees the card but when i plug the eithernet cable in i get nothing at all (light doesnt even appear on the switch to indicate connection)... plugged back into the motherboard 1gbe nic and all fine... 

EDIT

Nevermind. This solved my issue. 

Edited by tazire