Blue Iris in VM

Yes, I'm running Blue Iris in a Windows 10 VM with very good results.  My system is based on the SuperMicro MBD-X10SLC7 Motherboard and the Xeon E3-1231 with 32 Gigs of RAM.  I run 8 camera's most are 1080p Hikvision but 3 are Amcrest 3k camera's.  I run BI as a service (so it restarts itself) and I do notice that it does crash about once every two weeks but some troubleshooting has proven that when it crashes it's due to the 3 Android tablets running Imperihome with many camera's on the displays and the constant calls to BI for re-fresh. Since it re-starts itself this is not really an issue for me. 

I should also add that I'm NOT running this VM on an SSD but within the normal array.  The reason is my SSD which was planned for the BI VM is only a 256GB and that turned out to be a little too small to hold that VM, a couple of other VM's I run and the normal UNRAID stuff and Docker stuff that folks run on the SSD.  So I started the BI VM on SSD and once I moved it over to the array I noticed zero difference in performance.

Running it in a vm, very limited resources assigned to it. 2vCores and 4gb ram. Currently only recording 3 cameras d2d but also have another 8 at low resolution I often record from a remote site without issue.

Also running BI at that remote site on core 2 duo with 8gb ram recording 8 cameras. When not transcoding it will run on almost anything.

• 1 year later...