Reset users

Hi, I've got a customer who I setup with unraid, about 6 months ago i was messing around with user accounts trying to get a laptop to see a share or something, can't recall exactly why, it didn't work out in the long run anyway was another issue, and I'm sure i deleted the extra user accounts i created, but don't remember.

Anyway, have just discovered that we can't login to the web console. it's asking for authentication. And well I have no idea. I tried root, but yea.

Is there away i can fix this via the flash?

7 hours ago, subwars said:

Anyway, have just discovered that we can't login to the web console. it's asking for authentication. And well I have no idea. I tried root, but yea.

If @johnnie.black suggestion doesn't fixed this problem and if these are Windows computers, you might have a credential problem on them.  I would suggest opening up Control Panel and then Credential Manager and deleting the credentials.  (You might have to delete all of them)  (You can also find the Credential Manager by searching for it.)

Some of the issues with credentials are discussed in a few posts in this thread starting about here:

Edited by Frank1940
15 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Only the root user will remain, if you need more you'll need to recreate them all.

Not the users themselves, all i want is the root. But the files, will the deleted files recreate themselves at boot? or do i need to replace them with new ones?

2 hours ago, subwars said:

Not the users themselves, all i want is the root. But the files, will the deleted files recreate themselves at boot? or do i need to replace them with new ones?

The files will be generated if they do not exist.  However, you will be back to the default password for root so be sure to change it to a more secure one.