unRAID 6 DevPack - Dev tools (gc, gcc, glib, make, etc.)

You will have to deselect some of the packages that still show update after clicking Apply (deletes the package). Then reselect them and apply. I don't really have a way of dealing with build number changes on the same version. e.g. autoconf-2.69-noarch-1.txz upgrading to autoconf-2.69-noarch-2.txz.  I'll see if I can do something about that.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, dmacias said:
On 8/18/2018 at 8:19 PM, Kyubey said:
Could you add Ruby please?

Let me know if it needs other packages

I just tried the ruby package and it seems to install as expected etc, but gem doesn't work correctly, giving an error I don't understand about openssl (despite the openssl package being installed by DevPack)

ERROR:  Loading command: install (LoadError)
	libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - /usr/lib64/ruby/2.5.0/x86_64-linux/openssl.so
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
    undefined method `invoke_with_build_args' for nil:NilClass

(Doubly weird because /usr/lib64/ruby/2.5.0/x86_64-linux/openssl.so totally does exist and permissions seem fine.)

EDIT: I also had to manually install libyaml-0.1.6-x86_64-1.txz to get YAML support for Ruby, although I don't know how niche that is and whether it's generally necessary or not.

Edited by alexp2_ad

I just tried the ruby package and it seems to install as expected etc, but gem doesn't work correctly, giving an error I don't understand about openssl (despite the openssl package being installed by DevPack)
ERROR:  Loading command: install (LoadError)libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - /usr/lib64/ruby/2.5.0/x86_64-linux/openssl.soERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)   undefined method `invoke_with_build_args' for nil:NilClass

(Doubly weird because /usr/lib64/ruby/2.5.0/x86_64-linux/openssl.so totally does exist and permissions seem fine.)

EDIT: I also had to manually install libyaml-0.1.6-x86_64-1.txz to get YAML support for Ruby, although I don't know how niche that is and whether it's generally necessary or not.

I think the problem is a mismatch of openssl. Ruby 2.5.1 was compiled with openssl 1.1. UnRAID uses 1.02. I downgraded ruby to 2.25 and added yaml.
On 8/25/2018 at 1:52 PM, dmacias said:
On 8/22/2018 at 12:07 PM, alexp2_ad said:

ERROR:  Loading command: install (LoadError)libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - /usr/lib64/ruby/2.5.0/x86_64-linux/openssl.soERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)   undefined method `invoke_with_build_args' for nil:NilClass

I think the problem is a mismatch of openssl. Ruby 2.5.1 was compiled with openssl 1.1. UnRAID uses 1.02. I downgraded ruby to 2.25 and added yaml.

Thanks, this got Ruby and gem working for me.  For anyone else coming here trying to use gem to install stuff, I also had to install:

autoconf, automake, binutils, gc, gcc, glibc, guile, kernel-headers, libmpc, make

All of which were in the devpack. 

• 1 month later...
Can you please update glibc for example. If it gets installed parts of unRAID 6.6.3 show serious problems.

Thanks.

It has already been updated. However this plugin was meant to be used on a dev system for compiling packages for unRAID. unRAID is a mix of Slackware current and I cannot always keep up with every package change or incompatibility. I don't scour through every release thread either. I do try to compare unRAID releases against this repo. So unless someone posts in this thread about a problem with a package in this repo, I may not know.

So moving forward I'm going to strip out every inherent unRAID package in this plugin and only include the headers for those packages.
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know if DevPack is supported on 6.7.0+ ? 
I'm looking to get make installed but was hesitant to install DevPack given that it hasn't been updated in a while and the report above of issues.

Thanks!
First this plugin is not meant for running on a main server all the time. It was meant for compiling packages. I use it on a virtual machine of unraid to compile packages for NerdPack. The plugin itself should not need updating frequently. I update the packages themselves on github and that's reflected in the plugin. It's not DevPack plugin itself that's the problem, it's whatever packages they might have had installed. And since they didn't say what packages they had selected or what version of unraid they were coming from, I have no idea. I should make it not install any package if unraid is updated . But you really should unselect all packages before upgrading unraid. The core included unraid packages that are present in DevPack are all stripped of their install scripts and binaries and included only headers.

I just updated all the included unraid packages to reflect 6.7.2. I haven't looked at updating any of the compiler packages. I just used it with everything installed to compile borgbackup. So it worked for me on 6.7.2.
  • 3 months later...
When I go to Settings and click on the Dev Pack icon, it just hangs with following message.

Please wait, retrieving plugin information ...

Could it have anything to do with Unraid 6.8.0-rc3?
Yes. I haven't created a 6.8 repo. Not sure when I'll get a chance. Works with 6.7 though.
  • 2 months later...
On 10/19/2019 at 2:21 PM, JoeUnraidUser said:

When I go to Settings and click on the Dev Pack icon, it just hangs with following message.

Please wait, retrieving plugin information ...

Could it have anything to do with Unraid 6.8.0-rc3?

I'm on 6.8.0 and mine hangs with the same message. I found a reddit post where someone had a similar issue, and the suggestion in the post worked for them. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked for me. Any advice is welcome.

23 hours ago, Bob1215 said:

I'm on 6.8.0 and mine hangs with the same message. I found a reddit post where someone had a similar issue, and the suggestion in the post worked for them. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked for me. Any advice is welcome.

For the first time in a while, when I clicked on the Dev Pack, it loaded instantly... It may have been due to the solution in the reddit post?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/28/2019 at 12:05 AM, Bob1215 said:

Is there no more support from dmacia for this plugin? I'm having the same issue for several weeks now (I'm on the Unraid beta).

Aas for the reddit post: there is one post deleted, is it right to assume the did something with pihole? I do not have pihole installed, so it can't be that in my system.

On 8/25/2018 at 2:52 PM, dmacias said:
On 8/22/2018 at 1:07 PM, alexp2_ad said:

This error still seems to occur. Now Unraid uses openssl 1.1.1 but the ruby version is still the old 2.2.5 which is probably not compatible with the newer openssl version now installed. So it would be nice if the ruby version could be updated accordingly.