BTRFS disk shows less than half of 1TB drive as available

I have been experimenting with converting a data disk from ReiserFS to BTRFS with a 1TB drive. I am finding that after formatting the 1TB drive for BTRFS, it is only showing 459GB as available. Is there something unique about BTRFS that I am not understanding? More relevantly, is it inadvisable to use BTRFS as a data disk?

Below is the BTRFS file system info:

Data, single: total=459.01GiB, used=458.43GiB
System, single: total=4.00MiB, used=64.00KiB
Metadata, single: total=1.01GiB, used=516.22MiB
GlobalReserve, single: total=512.00MiB, used=0.00B
Edited by nosro

I actually filled it up with data and got a disk-full warning. It is a 1TB drive, it shows 459gb as allocated and I filled it with 458gb of data. Is there something that I need to do to force BTRFS to allocate more space?

Edited by nosro

OK, that's a different issue and that's why you should always post the diagnostics, it would be visible there.

I don't know why that happens, but there have been a couple of cases before, usually fixed by copying to that disk locally, e.g., using midnight commander, copy one or more large files from any other disk to that one, after that t should start working normally, copy from disk to disk, e.g., /mnt/diskX to /mnt/diskY

Midnight Commander works and the disk size expands just enough to accommodate the new file. However, the mover script does not expand the disk size.

This is terribly inconvenient. I don't want to copy a bunch of dummy files just to increase the drive size. Is there some other way to expand the allocated space? I'm about ready to abandon BTRFS and go back to Reiser.