All array drives constantly spun up

If you've double checked all of the skin down settings (global and individual disk settings), and you don't have frequently accessed user shares on every disk, I'd suggest powering down. Rebooting does not fully reset the drives. Long ago I remember there were situations where the drives needed to be powered down to reset them. Its a long shot.

I have observed that it seems like getting some types of information (SMART data, etc.) about drives will cause them to spin and then they don't seem to spin down automatically. 

I have daily status reports e-mailed to me every night and I check in the morning for any drives spun-up (I.e., those showing a temperature) and occasionally (once or twice a week) there will be one.  I simply login and spin the whole array down and that fixes the problem.  I have never really devoted much time to seeing what is causing it as it is more a nuisance  than anything  else. 

14 minutes ago, ivez said:

Thanks for the tips guys. I couldn't find any settings for turbo write, is it disk settings? I've manually spun all drives down and will perform a proper shutdown tonight.

You are in the right place but it is actually called " Tunable (md_write_method): "  and you set it to 'reconstruct write' for turbo write.

After i manually spun the drives down CPU usage was 1-2%. They have all spun up again and i notice and have noticed for the last few months (over several versions of unraid) that CPU usage tends to hover around 20-30%.

I've attached my HTOP showing the culprit services. Any ideas chaps?

htop.PNG