AirVideo Server for iPhone/iPad- a "how-to"

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

I finally got this installed after dealing with some weird compiling issues.  Anyways everything seems to work except the buttons which don't seem to either stop or start the app. If I run the command manually using

bash air-video-server.sh test.properties &

it will start but the app eventually dies on it's own. Does anyone know what I can troubleshoot? I am also running subsonic btw which depends on a jar file in case that matters.

Thanks for any responses. I really am starting to love my unraid and this community.

Hello all,

I finally got this installed after dealing with some weird compiling issues.  Anyways everything seems to work except the buttons which don't seem to either stop or start the app. If I run the command manually using

it will start but the app eventually dies on it's own. Does anyone know what I can troubleshoot? I am also running subsonic btw which depends on a jar file in case that matters.

Thanks for any responses. I really am starting to love my unraid and this community.

Not for sure, but try using

echo "bash air-video-server.sh test.properties" | at now + 1 minute

and wait one minute.  airvideo should be up and running and stay running.

P.S. to all: I am working on updating this package... hopefully will have it done by tonight since there are not a lot of changes that need to be made.

Ive got Subsonic 4.3 (build 2078) – January 7, 2011 running just fine along side with this

Hello all,

I finally got this installed after dealing with some weird compiling issues.  Anyways everything seems to work except the buttons which don't seem to either stop or start the app. If I run the command manually using

@fucheeno thanks, I was trusting the unMenu buttons to start this but apparently it didn't work but starting manually like you did, I can now login from my ipad.

However I created a test for a changed the configuration variables but I can't see any video files, any ideas guys?

@orons. I don't believe it's possible to change ports in the Linux version.

Need Help live transcoding live 1080p video and Will play a couple seconds of video then video will black out but audio will keep playing. Hardware Or software problem?

Have not the slighted clue since you did not list any of your hardware.

As for the package update.  I am working on it but probably will not have anything out till the end of the week at the earliest.  I am putting some ceiling fans in my house, so my time is occupied with that for the next day or so.

Also, the reason changes are not picked up when you change them in the config is because the current Airvideo Process that is running does not get shutdown before the changes are made.  It is one of the things I am working on so that a change/update of the config takes effect.

CPU: Sempron 140 Sargas

Motherboard: BIOSTAR A760G M2+

RAM: 2x 1GB KINGSTON ValuRam

Power Supply: CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 CMPSU-430CX 430W

OS Flash Drive: 2GB Sony Microvault Tiny

Parity Drive: 2TB WD Green EARS

Data Drives: 5x 2TB WD Green EARS

Cache Drive: none

Sorry aboot that

CPU: Sempron 140 Sargas

Motherboard: BIOSTAR A760G M2+

RAM: 2x 1GB KINGSTON ValuRam

Power Supply: CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 CMPSU-430CX 430W

OS Flash Drive: 2GB Sony Microvault Tiny

Parity Drive: 2TB WD Green EARS

Data Drives: 5x 2TB WD Green EARS

Cache Drive: none

Sorry aboot that

I'm not sure your sempron is up to the task of transcoding 1080p.  Might want to read up on the Airvideo forum to see what specs they suggest for live transcoding.

Hi,

Can anyone help with the stop command please?

Thanks

If you have installed the package via the unMenu package manager then there should be a start and stop Airvideo button in the user scripts section of unMenu.

If that fails to work you will have to do a

ps -ef

and find out the pid (process id) of the airvideo service that is running and send the

kill PROCESS_ID_NUMBER_HERE

Hi,

Thanks

If you have installed the package via the unMenu package manager then there should be a start and stop Airvideo button in the user scripts section of unMenu.

ps -ef

and find out the pid (process id) of the airvideo service that is running and send the

Great, thanks for your help. I'll try this later.

Well, I am getting closer and closer to having this all working. :)

I am running the latest airvideo with the latest ffmpeg after upgrading to unraid 5.  I think the new permissions scheme is messing me up somehow.  I am able to convert on the fly but I can't queue any conversions and I think it's perms related.  Here is some logging info. Can anyone lend me a hand?  If I get this working I might be able to convince the wife to finally get an iPad!!

DEBUG: Conversion: /usr/bin/mp4creator: can't open file 0df5afb1-4dbe-4a16-919f-1a56f229a1e2.aac: No such file or directory
DEBUG: Conversion: Muxing Done
DEBUG: Conversion: Resulting file is smaller than 1KB - something went wrong. Deleting.

Well, I am getting closer and closer to having this all working. :)

I am running the latest airvideo with the latest ffmpeg after upgrading to unraid 5.  I think the new permissions scheme is messing me up somehow.  I am able to convert on the fly but I can't queue any conversions and I think it's perms related.  Here is some logging info. Can anyone lend me a hand?  If I get this working I might be able to convince the wife to finally get an iPad!!

DEBUG: Conversion: /usr/bin/mp4creator: can't open file 0df5afb1-4dbe-4a16-919f-1a56f229a1e2.aac: No such file or directory
DEBUG: Conversion: Muxing Done
DEBUG: Conversion: Resulting file is smaller than 1KB - something went wrong. Deleting.

I can't help much at the moment but I am reworking the Airvideo package so that it is running the newest versions of ffmpeg and airvideo.  With the long weekend coming up I hope to get it figured out and tested well enough to put the .conf file up here for people to pull down and test.

I ran into a snag as the ffmpeg that is installed does not return a version number when you try a

/boot/packages/ffmpeg/ffmpeg -version

like it is supposed to.  I was going to use this to que off of so that a new version of ffmpeg could be installed.  I will have to find another way to get it working.

I may have figured out a way around the version issue stuff I mentioned above.  I have not tested fully... not really even coded it, except for pseudo code and whats managed to stay in my head.

I should be able to make the changes tonight, but will have to test it over the next couple of days to make sure everything works properly.

Hi,

Thanks

ps -ef

Great, thanks for your help. I'll try this later.

This worked for me, thnaks.

I did install AirVideo through unMenu but the stop and start script don't seem to work, strange as the rest do (sickbeard etc.)

I look forward to any updates you make as now I can connect with my iPad but cannot see any videos :( I tried .avi, .mkv .mp4  :(

This worked for me, thnaks.

I did install AirVideo through unMenu but the stop and start script don't seem to work, strange as the rest do (sickbeard etc.)

I look forward to any updates you make as now I can connect with my iPad but cannot see any videos :( I tried .avi, .mkv .mp4  :(

Yeah, I tried the airvideo stop button and it does not seem to work.  I will work on fixing that for the updated package.

My 2year old decided to push the power button off yesterday and more or less take down the server. I fired it up this morning wondering why nothing was responding. Ran a pairity check and sure enough I have errors. I'm re-running a parity check now hoping it will clear the errors.

This would be the second time hes done that and both times I've had errors after a check. I can only guess its because AirVideo is not allowing the array to shutdown cleanly.

Of course I'm not blaming the script, but since I know he is the reason for the machine shutting off whats protecting the array from a power outage and the APC script shutting down clean.

Is there a way to force AirVideo to shutdown when the array needs to go down?

My 2year old decided to push the power button off yesterday and more or less take down the server. I fired it up this morning wondering why nothing was responding. Ran a pairity check and sure enough I have errors. I'm re-running a parity check now hoping it will clear the errors.

This would be the second time hes done that and both times I've had errors after a check. I can only guess its because AirVideo is not allowing the array to shutdown cleanly.

Of course I'm not blaming the script, but since I know he is the reason for the machine shutting off whats protecting the array from a power outage and the APC script shutting down clean.

Is there a way to force AirVideo to shutdown when the array needs to go down?

Do you have the powerdown package installed?  If not you can install it and him pressing (NOT HOLDING) the power button will cause the powerdown package to kick off.  It will do all it can in an attempt to shut down cleanly, but it is all hit and miss.

If he is pressing and holding the power button... not much to do about that.  Short of covering the power button with something there is not much that can be done to help in that situation.

I'm pretty sure I have the powerdown package installed. As for him HOLDING or PRESSING is beyond me. ;) I only know hes doing something. LOL

I guess in short as long as AirVideo can cleanly shutdown then I'll have to combat my other problem. LOL Wife said to disable the button, which it sounds like I might have to do for a while, but thats not this apps fault/problem.

Thanks