AirVideo Server for iPhone/iPad- a "how-to"

batfink I assume you have also installed the JAVA JRE so that this will run?  If that is the case then you might want to put something in the original post.

If this is not the case then please disregard this post.

You're right prostuff, thanks. I'll amend my op

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I just hit a wall.

I've installed unmenu and downloaded the "C" complier by clicking on the button to download all packages. I've also installed them by installpkg *.tgz from /boot/packages directory.

I've downloaded the ffmpeg  2.2.5 then unzip them to /boot/airvideo/ffmpeg. I am getting the Unknown option error.

root@Tower:/boot/airvideo/ffmpeg# ./configure.orig.fixed --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-ibmp3lame --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-decoder=aac

Unknown option "--enable-ibmp3lame".

See ./configure.orig.fixed --help for available options.

I am also having problem with the x264. I try to install it but not sure it actually installed.

root@Tower:/boot/airvideo/x264# installpkg x264_0.svn20100115.orig.tar.tgz

Installing package x264_0.svn20100115.orig.tar...

PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:

root@Tower:/boot/airvideo/x264# ls

x264_0.svn20100115.orig.tar.tgz*

So I unzipped them then do the ./configure --prefix=/usr but I am getting error on that too. Later, the make command doesn't work.

root@Tower:/boot/airvideo/x264# ./configure --prefix=/usr

Found no assembler

Minimum version is yasm-0.6.2

If you really want to compile without asm, configure with --disable-asm.

root@Tower:/boot/airvideo/x264# make

Makefile:3: config.mak: No such file or directory

grep: config.h: No such file or directory

./configure

Found no assembler

Minimum version is yasm-0.6.2

If you really want to compile without asm, configure with --disable-asm.

make: *** [config.mak] Error 1

root@Tower:/boot/airvideo/x264#

thanks,

~joy

The first error suggests that the lame package isn't installed. Try installing again separately. Then try again.

The second error means you need yasm installed. I must already have this installed in my setup. Try the installpkg option first (in my op I wasn't sure if you need to complie or not). If that doesn't work then:

wget http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-12.1/development/yasm/0.7.2/yasm-0.7.2-i486-1sl.tgz
wget http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-12.1/development/jam/2.5/jam-2.5-i486-2gal.tgz

installpkg yasm-0.7.2-i486-1sl.tgz
installpkg jam-2.5-i486-2gal.tgz

then complie again

thanks for the quick responses. trying it now :-)

I took out the option and it let me run configure fixed and make but now I am getting error on make install.

root@Tower:/boot/airvideo/ffmpeg# make install

install -d "/usr/local/lib"

./install: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `)'

./install: line 2: `1) Type './configure' to create the configuration. A list of configure'

make: *** [install-libavdevice-static] Error 2

root@Tower:/boot/airvideo/ffmpeg#

Yes, I completed the x264 with your 2 new packages. I am just getting the make install error from ffmpeg.

./install: line 2: `1) Type './configure' to create the configuration. A list of configure'

Yes, I completed the x264 with your 2 new packages. I am just getting the make install error from ffmpeg.

Go to your ffmpeg directory and type:

ffmpeg

Copy the result here

root@Tower:/boot/airvideo/ffmpeg# ffmpeg

FFmpeg version UNKNOWN, Copyright © 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.

built on Apr 24 2010 01:59:50 with gcc 4.2.4

configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-decoder=aac

libavutil    50. 8. 0 / 50. 8. 0

libavcodec    52.52. 0 / 52.52. 0

libavformat  52.50. 0 / 52.50. 0

libavdevice  52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0

libswscale    0.10. 0 /  0.10. 0

libpostproc  51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0

Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder

usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options] outfile}...

Use -h to get full help or, even better, run 'man ffmpeg'

configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab --disable-shared --enable-static --disable

looks like you've dropped "--enable-libmp3lame" from your ./configure.orig.fixed build command?

It should be

./configure.orig.fixed --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-ibmp3lame --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-decoder=aac

Yes, I can't run the configue_fix with that option.

Suprisingly, the make install failed but I can start airvideo and watching it on iphone now. :-)

Do you know what that option is for?

btw, thanks for your hard work and getting this on UnRaid.

thanks,

~joy

Yes, I can't run the configue_fix with that option.

Suprisingly, the make install failed but I can start airvideo and watching it on iphone now. :-)

Do you know what that option is for?

btw, thanks for your hard work and getting this on UnRaid.

thanks,

~joy

Weird.

I think it's an mp3 encoder. I presume you're sound is working? If so, I assume it's not a dependancy for airvideo.

Anyway, glad you have it working. Enjoy!

Edit: wow! nearly at 100 posts now!

How slow is slow? Takes about an hour or so for a 2 hr movie for me

I think I missed something somewhere from ffmpeg because I can't watch the 2012.m2ts with Play with Live Conversion. It works when I use AirVideo from my desktop.

Also, I just did a simple test with AirVideo from my desktop and UnRaid. Both are converting from the same movie location. I guess it's an unfair test since my desktop is faster with more memory.

Desktop:

AMD X2 555 (Unlocked to 4 cores and OC'ed @3.6ghz)

4 GB Ram

UnRaid:

Quad 9550 (stock 2.83ghz)

2 GB Ram

Movie Resolution Duration Size Desktop Convert UnRaid Convert

2012.m2ts 1920*1080 2:37:49 32088MB 53mins 1hr 15mins

I think I missed something somewhere from ffmpeg because I can't watch the 2012.m2ts with Play with Live Conversion. It works when I use AirVideo from my desktop.

Try starting the airvideo server (bash air-video-server.sh test.properties) from the consol so you can see the error messages. Assume there must be a way of capuring what's happening some other way but not sure how.

An update to this:

I am working with JoeL to try and get some stuff resolved.  I am having trouble getting ffmpeg built without errors.  It keeps complaining about the x264 lib.

batfink can you give me a direct download link to the packages you used.  I have been experimenting with different ones i have downloaded but none seem to quite work. I know you uploaded a folder full of stuff but direct download links for those things would be great.

An update to this:

I am working with JoeL to try and get some stuff resolved.  I am having trouble getting ffmpeg built without errors.  It keeps complaining about the x264 lib.

batfink can you give me a direct download link to the packages you used.  I have been experimenting with different ones i have downloaded but none seem to quite work. I know you uploaded a folder full of stuff but direct download links for those things would be great.

Hi

I presume your libx264 error differs to the one I mentioned in my first post (using the 'fixed' config file)?

Regarding the direct links, I spent several days trying to get this working and experimented with various different files from different source (like you now by the sound of it!) so I can't be certain where the files came from. I'll try to narrow it down when I get home from work.

OK, so a little update for you all.

I have most of the package figured out.  I have been away all weekend and have not had a chance to test and refine the package to make sure it works flawlessly.  I should be able to post something up here for community testing around Wednesday night. 

Where do you get that unRAID only supports 2 cores?

I was using 4.4.2 and updated to 4.5.3 a couple weeks ago. I didn't know 4.5.3 use 4 cores. Wow. that's good to know. I will try to run AirVideo conversion again and see how much improvement from 4.4.2 to 4.5.3.

thanks,

~joy