System meltdown during mover (?), logs inside

Guest zin105

Guest zin105

I woke this morning to all kind of errors. I quickly realised my unRAID server had hung or crashed.

First thing I did was try and SSH and reach web ui. It kind of worked but was increeeeedibly slow. Next thing was plugging in a monitor and keyboard. This is what was on the monitor: https://i.imgur.com/wj07Ed9.jpg

Keyboard did not work.

I managed finally to SSH in and save the logs. It looks to me that I ran out of RAM and SWAP during the mover, but how is this even possible? I have 32GB of RAM but it seems that the mover just never clears out the ram, instead it grows and grows. This has happened to me before when I had 16GB of RAM so that's one of the reasons I upgraded to 32GB. I know that there was a lot of files to move because I was downloading about 150-200GB of "Linux ISOs" during the night.

PM me for the diagnostics file.

Please let me know if there's any more information you need to help me diagnose this, and make sure it never happens again! Thanks!!

Edited by zin105
Guest zin105
29 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Increasing RAM usually won't help in this case, in fact it can make it worse, 2 things you can try, upgrade to v6.4 or try this below:

Thanks for the reply! I changed the settings you recommended in the Tips and Tweaks plugin. Not exactly sure how that settings works but how come it eats up all my RAM even though it's set to 20%?

I would upgrade to 6.4 but I've tried rc6 before and network bonding didn't work. Think I read that it will be fixed in next RC or release.

Anyways, hopefully this works until the stable release of 6.4 gets released. Thanks again!