Read unraid drive (no parity), with other linux?

I am about to go all in on unraid, and need to confirm one final thing.

My setup will be as follows (for necessary speed).   Areca 1280ml > 10x4TB RAID6 > presented to unraid as a single disk, formatted as XFS.  No cache disk, no parity disk.

I will then let unraid format that single disk, and in an ideal situation, all will be fine.   However, if its not, i need to know that i can fully access the array, formatted as XFS, in other linux operating systems.    The "custom unraid partition table" concerns me, and ive seen multiple complaints that unraid disks are not readable outside of unraid unless you use data recovery software. 

Edited by jbrukardt
5 minutes ago, jbrukardt said:

I will then let unraid format that single disk, and in an ideal situation, all will be fine.   However, if its not, i need to know that i can fully access the array, formatted as XFS, in other linux operating systems.    The "custom unraid partition table" concerns me, and ive seen multiple complaints that unraid disks are not readable outside of unraid unless you use data recovery software. 

Any flavour of linux can read the formatting done by unRaid and access all the files no problem.

Its if you format a drive outside of unRaid, toss data into it, and then expect unRaid to read it (if its assigned to the array), then the partitioning scheme won't allow it to work.  

Just now, Squid said:

Any flavour of linux can read the formatting done by unRaid and access all the files no problem.

Its if you format a drive outside of unRaid, toss data into it, and then expect unRaid to read it (if its assigned to the array), then the partitioning scheme won't allow it to work.  

im absolutely going to test this before going all in, but ive seen nothing but evidence to the contrary:

for example: https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/12164-Can-t-mount-unRAID-xfs-drives-in-OMV/

• 3 years later...
On 7/25/2017 at 4:36 PM, jbrukardt said:

im absolutely going to test this before going all in, but ive seen nothing but evidence to the contrary:

for example: https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/12164-Can-t-mount-unRAID-xfs-drives-in-OMV/

Sorry to revive an old thread, but never saw what the final outcome was.

Were you able to test this?  What was the result?  Did it work?