[SOLVED] UnRAID 6.3.5 Editing boot drive contents from command line

soulman1949

I've changed my router with the result that I've also changed my network configuration including the (static) IP addresses of the various computers on the network. As my USB boot drive is inside my PC case is there a way of editing the configuration details from the command line of the unRAID server without having to open up the case, remove the USB stick and edit using a conventional PC?

Thanks

Alan

6 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Another alternative would be to share the flash via smb and edit from another computer. You can set security so that only certain users have access.

Or unshare it as soon as you are finished editing it.  It should only take a minute (or two at the most) to do the edits...

Thanks to all especially johnny.black, I did as you suggested and the problem is now sorted. I investigated the other posts but as the old and new network settings were on different subnets, I couldn't log into the new network using my unRAID PC (or didn't know how to!).

The config file editor plugin looks like a useful addition to the armoury of this newbie, so I'll investigate that later! :-)

Must say I'm impressed by the speed and responsiveness of the members of this forum, very helpful and much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Alan

Archived