Extractor Docker

skyline7349

41 minutes ago, skyline7349 said:

I made it for myself because Sonarr and Radarr dont auto extract files that download.

No, but the download clients generally do. NZBget and deluge both will extract if configured correctly. What clients were you having issues with?

42 minutes ago, skyline7349 said:

If people are interested I can package it up and release.

Sure, especially if you add an option to verify and repair with par files if needed. Many times par2 repair or rename is necessary before successful extraction is possible.

• 6 months later...
On 7/26/2017 at 2:08 PM, skyline7349 said:

Would people be interested in a docker that you pass directories too and it extracts RAR files if found. I made it for myself because Sonarr and Radarr dont auto extract files that download. If people are interested I can package it up and release.

I would be very interested in this if it worked for .zip files.

When I pre-process files for Medusa it auto Extracts, Renames, Copies Extracted file and Deletes all of the mess it left behind.

However I'm always interested in Dockers or Plugins that make my life easier.

I need something for my Movie files thou. I'd be interested in what your playing with. =) 

On 2/20/2018 at 1:56 PM, kizer said:

When I pre-process files for Medusa it auto Extracts, Renames, Copies Extracted file and Deletes all of the mess it left behind.

However I'm always interested in Dockers or Plugins that make my life easier.

I need something for my Movie files thou. I'd be interested in what your playing with. =) 

Not much to it but heres the repo for it. I havent touched it in while but its been working for me since i started it.

https://hub.docker.com/r/skyline7349/extractor/

just map /extract/<folder name> to the actual folder.

So like i have /extract/movies -> /mnt/user/Downloads/movies/

Was attempting to play with this. Looks like You have to do a lot of your own Mappings to get this to work. Like the Config and so forth

Figured out the Extract path, but where do the files live after they are installed? Normally I like to put them in my /mnt/cache/system/appdata/

I am rather impressed how fast it works. Would you be interested in adding a few requests for example.

Extract to a new folder

Extract and delete Rar files

Whatever else others come up with?

• 11 months later...

Sorry to bring up the past here, but im a recent convert to UNRaid and don't use Deluge. while looking for something to unpack my downloaded files i found this. there seems to be so little for noobs to use. i have found either 'use Deluge' or 'just write a script'

i run the torrent client (Transmission) on my seedbox and have used a windows app to unpack anything that's been downloaded. I didn't think it would be this difficult to get something easy to point to a directory and say whatever .RAR's are there, unpack them.

does anyone have step by step guides to get this or something similar to work?

Cheers.