New Cache Drive Recommendations

Evening all, I'm after advice/opinions for a replacement cache drive in my server.

My current Server specs are in my signature, but it boils down to 3x 4tb array, SSHD cache drive and a 240GB SSD I have mounted with UD that my VMs and Docker run on.
As My array is around 90% full I want to buy another 4TB drive, so I don't want to spend too much more on a cache. That and given the Proliant only has SATA II capability I don't get (nor am I bothered by) read write speeds.

Currently I have a Seagate SSHD (Model ST1000DX001) that is dying a horrible death with over 51K 'reported uncorrects', so I do need to replace it.

Now looking I can get another SSHD, either 500GB or 1TB for a reasonable price, but I wondered if these types of drives are really that suitable as a cache drive?

I do however need the drive to have a decent size capacity, as I do host a fair amount of data permanently on it (such as my music share) so it's always readily available.

Anyway, I've waffled on long enough. Any advice or opinion would be greatly appreciated. TIA

• 3 weeks later...