unRAID OS version 6.4.0-rc7a available

155 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Upgrading: We have changed the way one checks for new unRAID OS releases.  Please refer to Update OS below.   Bugs: If you want to report an issue, please start a new topic in this board.

The flash drive backup integrated into the OS instead of via a plugin is a good idea.  But I would like one change to take place:   On the backup disk.cfg, can you please set startArray to b

I can confirm there is a bug that makes it impossible to choose cores if you have 8 or less cores when creating a new VM. If there are more than 8 cores available the first 8 are grayed out until

Posted Images

Just had a minor issue during disk replacement, "disk2" is not aligned, same with other browser and other themes, strange thing is I replaced disk1 yesterday and pretty sure it looked normal, will replace disk3 tomorrow, so I'll check if it happens again.

PS: another minor issue, when unselecting "errors" from the syslog to hide them, wrong csrf_token errors start appearing in white along with all the normal text, and the only way to hide them is to unselect "text".

Screenshot 2017-08-02 13.49.42.png

Screenshot 2017-08-02 13.58.07.png

Not sure it is a good idea to log the csrf_token:

Aug  2 11:18:49 MediaServer emhttpd: req (9): csrf_token=6C6B8589F3F3AC81&title=System+Log&cmd=%2FwebGui%2Fscripts%2Ftail_log&arg1=syslog
Aug  2 11:18:49 MediaServer emhttpd: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/tail_log syslog

2 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

PS: another minor issue, when unselecting "errors" from the syslog to hide them, wrong csrf_token errors start appearing in white along with all the normal text, and the only way to hide them is to unselect "text"

This is expected behaviour. With "text" checked colours can be enabled or disabled for the respective categories but ALL text stays visible. With "text" unchecked only the selected categories are displayed.

10 minutes ago, bonienl said:

This is expected behaviour. With "text" checked colours can be enabled or disabled for the respective categories but ALL text stays visible. With "text" unchecked only the selected categories are displayed.

Maybe I misunderstood how it works but then why are the other errors hidden when I uncheck errors, only the csrf_token errors turn white and stay visible?

Yes, you're right, all errors turn white when unselected, may bad.

Edited by johnnie.black

My syslog is being flooded with these all of a sudden.  I have removed the preclear plugin and rebooted and there are still being logged.

Aug 3 07:31:55 UNRAID dnsmasq[8274]: read /etc/hosts - 2 addresses
Aug 3 07:31:55 UNRAID dnsmasq[8274]: read /var/lib/libvirt/dnsmasq/default.addnhosts - 0 addresses
Aug 3 07:31:55 UNRAID dnsmasq-dhcp[8274]: read /var/lib/libvirt/dnsmasq/default.hostsfile
Aug 3 07:31:55 UNRAID kernel: virbr0: port 1(virbr0-nic) entered disabled state
Aug 3 07:32:00 UNRAID nginx: 2017/08/03 07:32:00 [error] 4084#4084: *6 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.35, server: , request: "POST /plugins/preclear.disk/Preclear.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "unraid", referrer: "http://unraid/Dashboard"
Aug 3 07:32:04 UNRAID nginx: 2017/08/03 07:32:04 [error] 4084#4084: *6 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.35, server: , request: "POST /plugins/preclear.disk/Preclear.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "unraid", referrer: "http://unraid/Dashboard"
Aug 3 07:32:05 UNRAID nginx: 2017/08/03 07:32:05 [error] 4084#4084: *6 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.35, server: , request: "POST /plugins/preclear.disk/Preclear.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "unraid", referrer: "http://unraid/Dashboard"
Aug 3 07:32:10 UNRAID nginx: 2017/08/03 07:32:10 [error] 4084#4084: *6 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.35, server: , request: "POST /plugins/preclear.disk/Preclear.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "unraid", referrer: "http://unraid/Dashboard"
Aug 3 07:32:14 UNRAID nginx: 2017/08/03 07:32:14 [error] 4084#4084: *6 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.35, server: , request: "POST /plugins/preclear.disk/Preclear.php 

3 minutes ago, johnodon said:

My syslog is being flooded with these all of a sudden.  I have removed the preclear plugin and rebooted and there are still being logged.

Have you tried rebooting and/or clearing browser cache since removing the plugin?

Just now, trurl said:

Have you tried rebooting and/or clearing browser cache since removing the plugin?

I closed the unRAID webui on my desktop (192.168.1.35) and the messages stopped.  I am currently on my laptop.

On 7/30/2017 at 10:30 AM, bonienl said:

Are you still able to access the server using SSH? If so you can do diagnostics after the issue appears.

Unfortunately not.  No type of connection available to the server after it freezes.

On 7/30/2017 at 4:35 PM, Frank1940 said:

Install the 'Fix Common Problems' plugin and turn on the trouble shooting mode.   You could also try a monitor connected to the server and see if there is any useful info on the screen after the lockup.

I installed a fixed a few random things, but nothing that seemed major.  I connected a monitor and the only thing visible was a flashing dash in the upper left corner of the screen.

This was my second try.  I upgraded around 4 PM and by the time I woke up, it was frozen.

I rebooted.  Here is the diagnostics before I reverted back to 6.3.5 for the second time.

unraid-diagnostics-20170803-0950.zip

Edited by Living Legend
On 02/08/2017 at 1:59 PM, johnnie.black said:

Just had a minor issue during disk replacement, "disk2" is not aligned, same with other browser and other themes, strange thing is I replaced disk1 yesterday and pretty sure it looked normal, will replace disk3 tomorrow, so I'll check if it happens again.

Slightly off topic, any thoughts on those Toshiba drives?  Are they Hitachi drives with different labels still?

I quite like the look of the 8TB Toshiba NAS drive, and to my eye it looks identical to my old HGST 4TB NAS drives.

First post but I've been using unRAID for a couple years now.  I haven't tested whether the same occurs on the latest stable build or on other chipsets, as I don't want to try it on my production server, but I thought I'd share in case the limetech devs are interested. This was admittedly my own mistake and was easily avoidable, easily corrected, and fortunately happened on a fresh build still under testing.

I had opened an ssh connection and ran the split command on a very large (~12GB) text file located on the server's array while the current shell path was the defaulted to the user home directory. As /root (or /home) is stored in system RAM, this managed to first crash the VM running at the time followed by a system log full of uninitialized csrf_token errors when system memory became full. It also resulted in constant reloading of the page contents open in the webgui. Besides crashing the VM, I'd say that unRAID handled this fairly gracefully as the webgui was still usable and the system returned to normal behavior once the split command closed with a "no space left on device" error and I deleted the multiple 2GB files that had been written to the root filespace in system RAM.

Aug 4 01:54:29 tower root: error: /webGui/include/DeviceList.php: uninitialized csrf_token
Aug 4 01:54:29 tower root: error: /webGui/include/DeviceList.php: uninitialized csrf_token
Aug 4 01:54:29 tower root: error: /webGui/include/DeviceList.php: uninitialized csrf_token
Aug 4 01:54:30 tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: uninitialized csrf_token
Aug 4 01:54:39 tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: uninitialized csrf_token
Aug 4 01:54:39 tower root: error: /webGui/include/DeviceList.php: uninitialized csrf_token
Aug 4 01:54:48 tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: uninitialized csrf_token
Aug 4 01:54:49 tower root: error: /plugins/preclear.disk/Preclear.php: uninitialized csrf_token

unraid-640rc7-diagnostics-20170804-0209.zip

Edited by willbendr
53 minutes ago, HellDiverUK said:

Slightly off topic, any thoughts on those Toshiba drives?  Are they Hitachi drives with different labels still?

I quite like the look of the 8TB Toshiba NAS drive, and to my eye it looks identical to my old HGST 4TB NAS drives.

Except for the label, they look identical to the older DT01ACA300, including the PCB, so I expect it's the same disk re-labeled.

5 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Except for the label, they look identical to the older DT01ACA300, including the PCB, so I expect it's the same disk re-labeled.

Very OT but also Hitachi never made any drives bigger than 4Tb I think before they were sold? Anyway we should be on another thread for this ;)

5 hours ago, marshy919 said:

Updated from rc6 and lost all my dockers and vms. Plugins still there though.

Edit: will look into the cache drive missing potentially when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

In the past I've had my Cache drive drop off during an update. A simple select and enable fixed it. Hopefully its that simply for you too. 

In the past I've had my Cache drive drop off during an update. A simple select and enable fixed it. Hopefully its that simply for you too. 
Yeah thats exactly what it was. Trusty unraid :)

Just now, marshy919 said:

Yeah thats exactly what it was. Trusty unraid :)

xD

Gotta love the simple fixes that without them totally destroy are spoiled ways of life. Lol

Glad your back up and running Mate. 

Anyone else having freezing issues?  I posted my diagnostics log here.  Anytime I try to perform the update I end up reverting back to 6.3.5 because I can't go any sustained period of time without freezing.  Connecting a monitor, and all I see is a dash in the upper left corner.  Can't SSH in either.

27 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

Anyone else having freezing issues?  I posted my diagnostics log here.  Anytime I try to perform the update I end up reverting back to 6.3.5 because I can't go any sustained period of time without freezing.  Connecting a monitor, and all I see is a dash in the upper left corner.  Can't SSH in either.

Yes, my server having freezing issues, when no load. 

unRAID OS version 6.4.0-rc7a

M/B: ASRock - X370 Gaming K4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core @ 3400
HVM: Enabled
IOMMU: Enabled
Cache: 768 kB, 4096 kB, 16384 kB
Memory: 64 GB (max. installable capacity 64 GB)
5 hours ago, r4id said:

Yes, my server having freezing issues, when no load. 

unRAID OS version 6.4.0-rc7a

M/B: ASRock - X370 Gaming K4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core @ 3400
HVM: Enabled
IOMMU: Enabled
Cache: 768 kB, 4096 kB, 16384 kB
Memory: 64 GB (max. installable capacity 64 GB)

Are your freezing issues occurring with 6.4.0-rc7a, or a different version?

Does disabling "Global C-state Control" in your BIOS fix the issue?

Edited by Pauven
57 minutes ago, Pauven said:

Are your freezing issues occurring with 6.4.0-rc7a, or a different version?

Does disabling "Global C-state Control" in your BIOS fix the issue?

Yes,  freezing issues occurring with 6.4.0-rc7a.

Now I'm testing another motherboard:

Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3

test fail :(
server freeze, when idle.

IMG_20170804_231746.jpg

Edited by r4id
1 minute ago, Squid said:

That's not a freeze.  That's a crash.  Beyond perusing the Ryzen thread, have you also ran memtest?

Yes, memtest is ok, ram in this server work ok in intel motherboard.