Are there any easy backup options other than Crashplan?

I started using Crashplan because as far as I know, it's the only solution that doesn't involve rsync or the terminal in one form or another. While I would liked to use the terminal more often and become more familiar with it, I would prefer my backup solution to be easy and something that I can set and forget and not say "How the hell did I do this?" when I come back to make changes to it months later.

I was under the impression that the only thing you needed a Crashplan subscription for was their cloud service. I was ok with this--I can't use cloud backup anyway because my ISP has graced me with a 400GB monthly data cap. The only thing that the Crashplan software warned would go away after the trial expired was the ability to backup to Crashplan Central. However, my trial expired the other day and lost a lot more than the cloud service

Advanced settings have been disabled, so I cannot control things like deduplication or compression. I can't even view them to see if they went back to their default settings or if they stayed at what I set them at. I had compression turned off since it slows backups way down and most of my data can't be compressed anymore anyway.

Backup sets also went away, which is critical since I had two sets; one backing up the /user folder to one USB drive, and another backing up the direct disk paths to a different USB drive. I did this so I had more restoration options. If I needed to restore just a file here or there, it could easily be done from the /user backup. If I lost a whole drive and parity failed, I could use the /disk backups to restore a whole drive, knowing I got back everything that I lost without having to know exactly what was on that drive, or having to restore the full array just to get back that data when all the other drives were just fine. Now I can no longer do this because I cannot add sets or even modify ones that already exist besides the first one.

I really don't want to pay a $60/yr subscription for just a few features (even if they are critical) when the value of that subscription is all in the cloud backup portion, which I can't even use.

Are there any other easy-to-use backup options for unRAID that even come close to Crashplan? Something comparable to Crashplan, but doesn't necessarily have to have cloud options since that's not something I can do anyway.

Side question:

Even if I can't see or control it now, assuming deduplication is left on by default in Crashplan, would that mean I can add the /user paths and the individual disk paths in the same backup set? Would deduplication prevent the redundant data from being written to backup multiple times? Could something go wrong with doing this? Assuming I can do this with no negative consequences, I might be able to stick with Crashplan since that would only require me to have a single backup set, which I could still rotate multiple backup destinations on. It seems like I can still have multiple target paths for my backups--just not multiple sets. I would still be stuck with having compression forced on, but I could learn to live with that.

Edited by Phastor