Windows 10 vm and utorrent

So I moved from windows 10 with flexraid to Unraid. After losing a new 8tb drive. So I've pretty much have everything setup. I've tested the docker torrent programs and find I really like utorrent best. So I put it on a windows 10 vm I set to run kodi. My problem is I have a network drive setup as d:/ so all my old torrents would still work 2300 of them. Now it works ok for awhile files download. But then my network drive resets or disconnects. I'm not sure what its doing. But I'll login to check it out and the network drive will have a red x on it. I double click it and it opens fine. Kodi has no problem reading from the drive and playing back media. But Utorrent throws Error:Disk Removed. Please re-attach. I need to restart the vm for utorrent to reconnect to the drive. 

So my question is what would be my best way around this. Can I directly attach the array to the windows 10 vm? Do I need to make a cache drive that then writes to the array? But I don't think that would work do to then my torrents wouldn't point the the correct location.