[Support] Linuxserver.io - Qbittorrent

On 4/2/2021 at 1:00 PM, Ademar said:

It took some tinkering, but I've figured out how to do it with python.

import sys
import time
import json
import urllib

name = sys.argv[1]

user_key = "user key goes here"
app_token = "application token goes here"

import http.client #Python 3

def pushover():
    conn = http.client.HTTPSConnection("api.pushover.net:443")
    conn.request("POST", "/1/messages.json",
    urllib.parse.urlencode({
    "token": app_token,
    "user": user_key,
    "message": name + " has finished downloading",
    #"message": " has finished downloading",
    }), { "Content-type": "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" })
    conn.getresponse()

pushover()

I had to tweak this just a bit for my purposes. For some reason the script would fail to execute if I passed through the tags and size (even if I had the %G and %Z specified in the "run external program" section of qbittorrent). I just deleted those variables in the script and stopped passing them through the "run external program" section. I also renamed the "token" and "user" variables in the script to make it easier for me to follow. At this point I'm successfully receiving notifications on torrent completion, TYVM @Ademar!

Edited by master.h
14 minutes ago, master.h said:

import sys
import time
import json
import urllib

name = sys.argv[1]

user_key = "user key goes here"
app_token = "application token goes here"

import http.client #Python 3

def pushover():
    conn = http.client.HTTPSConnection("api.pushover.net:443")
    conn.request("POST", "/1/messages.json",
    urllib.parse.urlencode({
    "token": app_token,
    "user": user_key,
    "message": name + " has finished downloading",
    #"message": " has finished downloading",
    }), { "Content-type": "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" })
    conn.getresponse()

pushover()

I had to tweak this just a bit for my purposes. For some reason the script would fail to execute if I passed through the tags and size (even if I had the %G and %Z specified in the "run external program" section of qbittorrent). I just deleted those variables in the script and stopped passing them through the "run external program" section. I also renamed the "token" and "user" variables in the script to make it easier for me to follow. At this point I'm successfully receiving notifications on torrent completion, TYVM @Ademar!

In the script I'm actually running, I have commented out the line starting with "size", that line is probably causing problems. Glad to hear it's working.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/3/2017 at 9:49 PM, Quiks said:

Are you changing it in the Qbt WEBUI settings or the container?

Edit: I found I had the same issue as you, but was able to figure it out. With the base settings, any time you change the port in the QBT interface, it will reset to 8080 when rebooting the docker.

To fix this, you need 2 changes from the default config.

Remove the original 8080:8080 port map

create a new one 6666:6666 (whatever your new port is)

add a new variable

Key: WEBUI_PORT

Value: 6666 (again, whatever your new port is)

apply this and your UI should now work on the new port.

However, clicking WEBUI on your docker in the UnRaid UI will yield a webpage opening with :8080 which won't load. I'm still trying to figure out how to change the default webpage since it seems hardcoded to 8080.

Hopefully this helps you or anyone else trying to change their port!

edit: I figured out that I had the view on basic. Switched it to advanced, and I can change the default launch URL as well.

That should fix all the issues for everyone.

Woot!

Bless, for anyone dealing with the "Unauthorized" issue this is the fix. Took way longer than it had any right to.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I"m experiencing connection issues to trackers, different ones, not sure what's causing it.

In the docker log I get the following line logged:

Http::RequestParser::ParseResult Http::RequestParser::doParse(const QByteArray&) unsupported request method: "CONNECT"

I've tried downgrading the image to several past versions to no avail.

When I start any torrent, the tracker is unreachable:

image.png.5024158d2c6cde5b0468fc3dd5363145.png

My docker network is set to 'Bridge'.

image.png.ad1b295fe04f2f127ec1e9df797e7cca.png

And in the qbittorrent log I get the following:

(W) 2021-07-28T00:30:18 - Bad Http request, closing socket. IP: ::ffff:127.0.0.1
(W) 2021-07-28T00:30:18 - Couldn't download IP geolocation database file. Reason: An unknown network-related error was detected
(N) 2021-07-28T00:30:34 - WebAPI login success. IP: ::ffff:192.168.1.227

(I) 2021-07-28T00:30:56 - Detected external IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.213
(W) 2021-07-28T00:31:12 - Bad Http request, closing socket. IP: ::ffff:127.0.0.1

Any idea what could be causing it?

Thanks!

Edited by shpitz461
  • 1 month later...
On 12/24/2017 at 11:00 AM, PSYCHOPATHiO said:

I'm having an issue with the download folder, whenever I download a torrent to move or delete I have to apply permissions to the download folder. This is ofcorse after I stop seeding and remove it from qBittorrent interface. 

it's a bit frustrating

On 3/30/2018 at 3:04 AM, tyrindor said:

Same... there's no way to set permissions to 0777 in this like sonarr/nzbget/etc. Anything this program downloads I cannot modify via my SMB share. 

Is there no solution?

On 3/30/2018 at 5:37 AM, sparklyballs said:

don't use windows lol

but seriously though read the readme https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-qbittorrent#usage linked to in the OP

and set umask accordingly http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/umask.2.html

Hello - i'm having this issue as well with files downloaded from the qbittorrent docker / any files modified from sonarr/radarr etc. What do i need to do to the docker template to enable SMB ability for full read/write permissions? Sorry for beginner question but specific command would be appreciated as i didn't fully understand the readme links above

the above is the same issue i'm facing, but i need to be able to access write capabilities through SMB due to specific Windows programs that i use in this User Share after files are downloaded.

Edited by Linguafoeda

To fix login:
1. Delete the docker and the image [!Save the docker cofiguration like ip-adress, dowloads folder and etc..]
2. Run CA cleaner plugin and delete folder of Qbittorent / or manual delete in appdata folder
3. Install again and login wih admin - adminadmin
4. Go to WebUI config and disable login credential for listed networks ... -> 192.168.1.0/24 ...
5. Done

On 8/31/2021 at 7:17 AM, PSYCHOPATHiO said:

@Linguafoeda in your qbittorrent under advanced, add this line in extra parameters -e UMASK_SET=000

is there any downside to setting this up as a variable? I asked this question in the LinuxServer discord channel and i got a stern, resounding "wtf are you doing, that's a very stupid thing to do" response, as if i was committing arson. I'm not sure what the downside of setting these permissions are, does it mess with the Linux file system or something else I can't think of?

Does anyone have any WebUI issues when downloading? The pattern I'm finding is when I download a torrent my server becomes unresponsive. The Qbitorrent UI stops updating and if I attempt to open Unraid's UI I get a time-out message. It does respond again after the file has downloaded. This issue has only started recently after I performed a system update. Everything appears to be in order otherwise. Thanks for the help!

So just updated now and now it will not download new torrents.

Checked the error log and I found the following......

(W) 2021-09-11T10:04:01 - File error alert. Torrent: "Torrentfilenamehere". File: "/downloads/Torrentfilenamehere". Reason: Torrentfilenamehere file_open (/downloads/torrentfilenamehere) error: No space left on device

There is 50TB of space.

It worked fine before upgrade. Now it doesn't.

What changed?

Oddly enough, the BT client is reporting 50TB free. URG

Edited by Viper359
On 9/7/2021 at 12:05 PM, Javik_Maverick said:

Does anyone have any WebUI issues when downloading? The pattern I'm finding is when I download a torrent my server becomes unresponsive. The Qbitorrent UI stops updating and if I attempt to open Unraid's UI I get a time-out message. It does respond again after the file has downloaded. This issue has only started recently after I performed a system update. Everything appears to be in order otherwise. Thanks for the help!

Just posting this answer if others have this issue. Couldn't tell you why, but pre-update my client did not have any download limitations and would operate completely fine.  With the update not having a limit seemed to be the cause of the issue. Essentially taking all the networking capability away from my server. As soon as I added a limit to download speed that resolved my issue. I put a limit of 10,000 KiB/s, but I also have a fairly quick connection so your mileage may vary.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I've got a clean Unraid 6.9.2 install, running docker: version 20.10.5, and have pulled the latest linuxserver/qbittorrent build from the repo and deployed.  The deploy works fine, and the image starts, and I can access the web login, however the default credentials which are pinned on this topic don't work.  When I enter admin/adminadmin the login WebUI loops back to the login pages.

I've done some searching of the forum, but can't find anything related to this issue.  Any ideas?  I can't see any credentials in the .conf file to edit.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

For anyone who gets this issue, I actually found it to be a compatibility issue with Firefox.  I was able to login with the credentials using Chrome.

Hope this is useful for someone else.

Edited by CaptFelony
Resolved the problem myself :)
On 5/21/2021 at 8:24 AM, Zotarios said:

I'm just trying to create a torrent and I cannot see the option under tools

unRAID linuxserver qBittorrent:

image.png.3e85016e9eeda3c518483cd381a8b986.png

windows qBittorrent:

image.png.400df1f85d92c7aef3b8612eb41bdfa1.png

Unfortunately, that's an issue with qBittorrent itself. The webUI is lacking in some features and that is one of them. It is on their wishlist though, and will likely be added at some point. You can follow the progress here:
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5614

Edited by bobbintb
On 9/26/2021 at 8:25 PM, AlexON said:

Hello

I encounter a very simple problem. Surely silly besides. But the username admin and password adminadmin does not work for me. An idea? Thanks

@AlexON try using a different browser.  I had the same issue using Firefox, and it worked fine on Chrome.  I just edited the config to allow me to access without login from my local network.  Hope this help, Matt