[Support] Linuxserver.io - Qbittorrent

Why I can not login the webui with username/password : admin/adminadmin? It keep showing Invalid Username or Password.

And I can not find the "WebUI\Password_PBKDF2" at the config files. According to the qbittorrent's github wiki. 

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/wiki/Web-UI-password-locked-on-qBittorrent-NO-X-(qbittorrent-nox)

Edited by chinanoahli
4 hours ago, chinanoahli said:

Why I can not login the webui with username/password : admin/adminadmin? It keep showing Invalid Username or Password.

And I can not find the "WebUI\Password_PBKDF2" at the config files. According to the qbittorrent's github wiki. 

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/wiki/Web-UI-password-locked-on-qBittorrent-NO-X-(qbittorrent-nox)

Hey, try a different browser. I had the same issue with Firefox, but Chrome worked fine.

• Like 2
On 10/9/2021 at 3:04 AM, CaptFelony said:

Hey, try a different browser. I had the same issue with Firefox, but Chrome worked fine.

Thanks,😀

Hmm, I will try this, but I always useing chrome, next time I will trying do this in the new version of edge or firefox.

Or I just switch to qbittorret-enhanced version, I tried last time, it's webui worked fine. But it can not add any download mission.

I am getting a new machine for unRaid today. The old one is hp n54l, the cpu is too weak for this.

i think did something stupid, but i can't undo.

i tried to add a dark theme, so found a .qbtheme online, ICEBERG, and copied the file to my server. i then went to qbittorrent settings on the WebUI and pointed it at the file, and instantly the WebUI went white-screen saying "Unacceptable file type, only regular file is allowed."

i've restarted the container, then deleted and rebuilt it but neither fixed. i don't actually know how to get in to delete the setting change to open the WebUI back up again.

any help MUCH appreciated.

thanks

edit: downloaded the qbittorrent.conf file in appdata and found the fields to edit with Notepad, then overwrote the original. very glad it worked, first time doing something like that.

Edited by gellux
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a problem when trying to create a torrent.

With the PC app, it is very easy, go to Tools->create torrent; but with unraid docker I can not find this option.

Instead of that, in the tracker label (bottom part), if pressing the riht mouse bottom it appears a menu that says "add new tracker", but after clicking there, nothing happens.

Does someone can help me to create a torrent, to share with a friend?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 11:06 AM, dellorianes said:

Hi,

I have a problem when trying to create a torrent.

With the PC app, it is very easy, go to Tools->create torrent; but with unraid docker I can not find this option.

Instead of that, in the tracker label (bottom part), if pressing the riht mouse bottom it appears a menu that says "add new tracker", but after clicking there, nothing happens.

Does someone can help me to create a torrent, to share with a friend?

Thank you

Any idea?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

Running UnRaid 6.9.2 with Linuxserver.io's qBittorrent container running on it. Things are working just fine as it relates to downloading and playing nice with Sonarr, Radarr and torrents in general.

The issue I've got is that it keeps stopping, seemingly by itself. I'll check the server a couple of times a day and I keep finding that the qBittorrent is in a stopped state. I start it and everything seems to work just fine again.  I've looked through the config and the settings within qBittorrent itself and can't see anything that would be causing this.

I've tried searching the forum for "stopping" and "stopped" but I'm not finding anything that seems to relate to this.

Edit:

I've looked at the logs and there's nothing that appears to indicate a failure. It's more looking like it's getting a shutdown signal from somewhere. This is a pull from the logs showing the shutdown event:

******** Information ********
To control qBittorrent, access the Web UI at http://localhost:8080
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edited by jimdaway
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems to be a lot of the same issues here but following what others have said.

No matter what I've changed the webui automatically opens up to my SABnzb.  I've deleted HOST PORT 3 and made a new one with port 9095. I've then gone and created a Variable where

Key: WEBUI_PORT

Value: 9095

No where on anything is there port 8080 yet this thing keeps opening to it. I'd like to fix this and move on with my life. What do I need to do?

On 10/13/2021 at 1:04 PM, gellux said:

i think did something stupid, but i can't undo.

i tried to add a dark theme, so found a .qbtheme online, ICEBERG, and copied the file to my server. i then went to qbittorrent settings on the WebUI and pointed it at the file, and instantly the WebUI went white-screen saying "Unacceptable file type, only regular file is allowed."

i've restarted the container, then deleted and rebuilt it but neither fixed. i don't actually know how to get in to delete the setting change to open the WebUI back up again.

any help MUCH appreciated.

thanks

edit: downloaded the qbittorrent.conf file in appdata and found the fields to edit with Notepad, then overwrote the original. very glad it worked, first time doing something like that.

@gellux,

Hi, can you provide details of what you changed in the config? I don't see a setting for a theme file, it only has a WebUI Alternative setting which require a whole bunch of files.

On 12/6/2021 at 3:04 PM, jimdaway said:

Hi.

Running UnRaid 6.9.2 with Linuxserver.io's qBittorrent container running on it. Things are working just fine as it relates to downloading and playing nice with Sonarr, Radarr and torrents in general.

The issue I've got is that it keeps stopping, seemingly by itself. I'll check the server a couple of times a day and I keep finding that the qBittorrent is in a stopped state. I start it and everything seems to work just fine again.  I've looked through the config and the settings within qBittorrent itself and can't see anything that would be causing this.

I've tried searching the forum for "stopping" and "stopped" but I'm not finding anything that seems to relate to this.

Edit:

I've looked at the logs and there's nothing that appears to indicate a failure. It's more looking like it's getting a shutdown signal from somewhere. This is a pull from the logs showing the shutdown event:

Any ideas?

Thanks!

On 12/25/2021 at 4:45 PM, FlyingTexan said:

Seems to be a lot of the same issues here but following what others have said.

No matter what I've changed the webui automatically opens up to my SABnzb.  I've deleted HOST PORT 3 and made a new one with port 9095. I've then gone and created a Variable where

Key: WEBUI_PORT

Value: 9095

No where on anything is there port 8080 yet this thing keeps opening to it. I'd like to fix this and move on with my life. What do I need to do?

The only version I had success with is binhex's qbittorrent-vpn

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be a problem with the latest update, it broke the permission system.

I cant delete or move or rename any files downloaded & have to manually change the permission for every download.

I have 2 qBittorrent clients, but one of them keeps changing its own permissions. Both dockers are identical in settings & setup, only thing different is port numbers. One of the dockers is behaving normally & I can move or delete files yet the other keeps locking them.

@HHUBS @Linguafoeda

EDIT: After the update I had to remove the old "extra parameters: -e UMASK_SET=000" & add a new variable UMASK 002.

That fixed the permission problem & should have been implemented from the beginning.

Edited by PSYCHOPATHiO
SOLVED
17 hours ago, PSYCHOPATHiO said:

There seems to be a problem with the latest update, it broke the permission system.

I cant delete or move or rename any files downloaded & have to manually change the permission for every download.

I have 2 qBittorrent clients, but one of them keeps changing its own permissions. Both dockers are identical in settings & setup, only thing different is port numbers. One of the dockers is behaving normally & I can move or delete files yet the other keeps locking them.

@HHUBS @Linguafoeda

EDIT: After the update I had to remove the old "extra parameters: -e UMASK_SET=000" & add a new variable UMASK 002.

That fixed the permission problem & should have been implemented from the beginning.

Hmm weird - i just downloaded a file and was able to rename / move it within windows samba. Do you mind sending a screenshot of your new umask variable?

Today i was not able to log into the WebUI after FireFox updated to v96.0 using the default username/password. Internet Explorer on Windows 10 21H2 did not work either. I had to use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 21H2. I did not test Chrome. Firefox v95.0.1 on Xubuntu (Linux) does work.

I am not asking for a fix, just sharing info.

I am having serious problems with qBittorrent on unraid, it's been happening for approx the last week. I need help to figure out what's going on.

Whenever I download something several of my 3900X CPU cores start maxing out, and the downloads run very slowly. I have gigabit internet and they are downloading at maybe a total of 1MB/s. It's like there's disk throttling issues or something, as if I watch in the bottom to see the download rate it jumps up to 1 or 2MB/s, then after a second drops down to almost zero, then it jumps up again.
No idea why the CPU is being hit so hard. As soon as I stop the qbittorrent docker my cores all drop down to practically 0%. All torrents are downloading to an SSD specifically for torrents and nothing else. Only half of the SSD is full.

I have rebooted the server, renamed the qbittorrent config folder to start fresh, as well as delete the image and download/set it up again.

Nothing obvious shows in the logs.

OK so I downloaded the latest qFlood version and it works fine. Something about the latest linuxserver version appears to craps its pants for me. Is there any way to roll back on the linuxserver version? I tried some options as per: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/qbittorrent but they didn't work, so I probably did it wrong.
For example, I tried lscr.io/linuxserver/qbittorrent:12.11.20 with no luck.

I updated a couple days ago and now I'm getting "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" when tryin to connect to the WebUI.  Not really sure what to try.  I'm trying to access the site directly via the Unraid IP address and adding the port, so nothing fancy there.  

Logs from a stop/start seem to be fine.

Catching signal: SIGTERM
Exiting cleanly
[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: executing...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 01-migrations: executing...
[migrations] started
[migrations] no migrations found
[cont-init.d] 01-migrations: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...
usermod: no changes

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: executing...
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-files: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

15 minutes ago, olympia said:

I believe "extra parameters: -e UMASK=000" will do the trick. 

@PSYCHOPATHiO I think it's not 002 what made it work, but using UMASK instead of UMASK_SET

Do you think i should change all my containers that have -e UMASK_SET=000 to -e UMASK=000? I gave that permission to all my containers that create new files (torrent clients, mkvtoolnix, handbrake etc.)

10 hours ago, Linguafoeda said:

Do you think i should change all my containers that have -e UMASK_SET=000 to -e UMASK=000? I gave that permission to all my containers that create new files (torrent clients, mkvtoolnix, handbrake etc.)

I am not sure, but I don't think so. I think this was a container specific update to qbittorrent what made this broke. Unless your other containers suffering from the same issue, I wouldn't change it.