[Support] Linuxserver.io - Qbittorrent

After latest update torrent details panel remain blank. There is an error in Chrome (Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)) console:

MooTools-Core-1.6.0-…pat-compressed.js:6 GET http://192.168.1.71:8080/plugins/mochaui/Window/WebKitShadower.js net::ERR_ABORTED 404 (Not Found)

[email protected]…pat-compressed.js:6

[email protected]…pat-compressed.js:6

[email protected]:26

[email protected]…pat-compressed.js:5

(anonymous)@mocha.min.js:26

(anonymous)@MooTools-Core-1.6.0-…pat-compressed.js:5

setTimeout (async)

(anonymous)@MooTools-More-1.6.0-…pat-compressed.js:5

(anonymous)@mocha.min.js:26

On 1/12/2022 at 12:12 PM, chris1259 said:

Today i was not able to log into the WebUI after FireFox updated to v96.0 using the default username/password. Internet Explorer on Windows 10 21H2 did not work either. I had to use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 21H2. I did not test Chrome. Firefox v95.0.1 on Xubuntu (Linux) does work.

I am not asking for a fix, just sharing info.

This issue is not longer present since upgrading Firefox to v96.0.1 / v96.0.2 on Windows.

On 1/19/2022 at 4:31 AM, kenobi said:

where can i get previous versions? i ran the update and my tracker doesn't have 4.4 on the white list yet?

You can change which image the docker container uses as a base. 

Go to the Docker tab on your unraid server, click the icon for the qBittorrent container and pick "Edit".

Near the top will be a "Repository" setting containing the the path to image you are currently using. Usually this will be something like linuxserver/qbittorrent or linuxserver/qbittorrent:latest for the latest release. You can change this line to include a specific version tag you want to use, like for example: linuxserver/qbittorrent:14.3.9 . You can find out which tags are available by looking at the dockerhub page https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/qbittorrent/tags. There you can look for a specific release you would like.

Make sure to change it back to linuxserver/qbittorrent or linuxserver/qbittorrent:latest in the future when you want updates again (and your trackers have allowed the latest versions).

I've had to roll back to 14.3.9 too today after updating my container and having some torrents stall because 4.4.x wasn't whitelisted yet.

Hope this helped you 🙂

• Thanks 1
On 1/30/2022 at 1:14 PM, Lorenz said:

Go to the Docker tab on your unraid server, click the icon for the qBittorrent container and pick "Edit".

Near the top will be a "Repository" setting containing the the path to image you are currently using. Usually this will be something like linuxserver/qbittorrent or linuxserver/qbittorrent:latest for the latest release. You can change this line to include a specific version tag you want to use, like for example: linuxserver/qbittorrent:14.3.9 . You can find out which tags are available by looking at the dockerhub page https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/qbittorrent/tags. There you can look for a specific release you would like.

Make sure to change it back to linuxserver/qbittorrent or linuxserver/qbittorrent:latest in the future when you want updates again (and your trackers have allowed the latest versions).

I've had to roll back to 14.3.9 too today after updating my container and having some torrents stall because 4.4.x wasn't whitelisted yet.

Hope this helped you 🙂

cant thank you enough, this is the info i was looking for for weeks! tytyty

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm new to unraid and Linux operating system. I'm curious that what way do I have to set qbittorrent to auto exclude junk file from downloading. I searched around and found a code that used for windows version here https://github.com/C0nw0nk/qBittorrent

and can add in the blacklisted file names or words etc you do not want to download inside the torrent file here.

https://github.com/C0nw0nk/qBittorrent/blob/main/qbt.cmd#L38

Is there a way to use this with unraid? If not how can I set in unraid? Can I set it to implement my hard link flow with sonarr, radarr and plex?

I'm not a tech guy and have been used only windows. Please guide me in step to do that. 

On 3/10/2022 at 5:52 PM, MasterMark said:

Hi,

Is there a way to prioritize the webUI inside the docker container?

When I start a downloading and it gets really fast the webUI struggling to load the content. Buttons don't working, etc.

Thanks,

Mark

Here are some TOP screenshots:

78552178_2022-04-02(1).thumb.png.1a324d9f290c072e2d39749de91b9caa.png

2022-04-02.thumb.png.22474fdf1fc39b57a84e1cf7507544fd.png

The Web GUI not loading, or when loading the content not showing. (The API not responding.)

I even tried to run a different Web GUI: Vuetorrent. I'm running it in NGINX. In that case the webpage is loaded but there is no or slow connection to the docker qbittorrent API.

What can I do with this?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 1:14 PM, Lorenz said:

Hope this helped you 🙂

After much pain, I figured out that 14.3.9 was the last version that gives me good speeds. None of the other versions are working properly and I see speeds go from 500KB/s to 9MB/s and fluctuate back and forth, many torrents stall or never start, etc. I've tried every qBittorrent container on the community store and they all have the same performance issues.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd love to use the newer versions but they just don't work with unraid for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...

How do I change the WebUI port?

It is my understanding I need to change both the Container Port and Host part.

It should be -p '8085:8085/tcp'

I cannot change the "Container Port" because the option to change it is disabled/grayed/greyed.

I get this instead:

It should be -p '8085:8080/tcp'

image.png.e0723614a74d77530751e83aaa18ccd6.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2022 at 12:04 PM, Jaybau said:

How do I change the WebUI port?

It is my understanding I need to change both the Container Port and Host part.

It should be -p '8085:8085/tcp'

I cannot change the "Container Port" because the option to change it is disabled/grayed/greyed.

I get this instead:

It should be -p '8085:8080/tcp'

image.png.e0723614a74d77530751e83aaa18ccd6.png

image.png

The container has a server and it's available at 8080. What this is saying above is take port 8085 on the host (the server running docker (which is Unraid in this case)) and map it to port 8080 for this container. So if you go to http:your-ip:8085, you'll actually be presented with whatever is what that container is serving on port 8080.

You can change the host port, but it's unnecessary to change the container's port (unless you're wanting to run it on a a host network, which you won't want to do).

Hi

Same probleme with WebGUi port. I don't change this.
I'am use the linuxserver/qbittorrent version.

When configure it, in advanced view. I have:
Interface Web: http://[IP]:[PORT:8085]

WebUI: 8085

WEBUI_PORT:8085

In log

To control qBittorrent, access the WebUI at: http://localhost:8085

but it still doesn't work

Thank you for your answers

Edited by Falcom
On 5/23/2022 at 1:52 PM, Falcom said:

Are you assigning the container a specific IP address?  Port mapping (by definition) only works when the network is set to Bridge mode.  Giving it a specific IP means that it will always utilize the container port.

The WebUI entry always (always) refers to the container port.  It does not refer to the host port.  The docker system will automatically adjust the port when selecting WebUI if you've mapped the container port to a host port.  IE: This entry pretty much never needs to be adjusted by an end-user -> hence why it only shows up in advanced view.

On 5/23/2022 at 6:52 PM, Falcom said:

Hi

When configure it, in advanced view. I have:
Interface Web: http://[IP]:[PORT:8085]

WebUI: 8085

WEBUI_PORT:8085

In log

To control qBittorrent, access the WebUI at: http://localhost:8085

but it still doesn't work

Thank you for your answers

When you say it doesn't work... Doesn't start? The client webpage is a 404? What doesn't work?

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, PSYCHOPATHiO said:

Latest update broke permission on the torrent directory, I have to chmod the directory if i need to remove or do changes to downloaded files.

"-e UMASK=000" or "UMASK 002" both no longer work I have tried everything to fix the permissions but nothing worked.

ah damn i'm having the same issue too. any idea what could fix this or if there is an alternative way for files created by qbit docker to be editable when accessed via Windows mounted shares? running docker safe new perms every time i download a file is really cumbersome. The github issue is located here for reference.

edit: I guess a stop-gap for now is rolling back to the old version of "lscr.io/linuxserver/qbittorrent:4.4.3.1-r1-ls200". According to discord server, the issue may be related to ls203 commit update which changed the below.

image.png.5b36e66b21267d1e43a4f6f125aa1d4d.png

Edited by Linguafoeda
  • Like 1

@Linguafoeda I had an issue with my unraid a couple of days ago & I thought it was the USB & after 12 hours of work and ivestigation a member noted that there might be an issue with the USB port I was useing... it was

I had wiped all my system & restored it and finally the system was back online.... @ the same time qbittorrent updated & I messed up my system thinking it was  something in my config eventually I realized it was the docker it self that changed 🙄

The PAIN.

Thank you for the quick help.

Edited by PSYCHOPATHiO
On 6/19/2022 at 10:06 PM, PSYCHOPATHiO said:

Latest update broke permission on the torrent directory, I have to chmod the directory if i need to remove or do changes to downloaded files.

"-e UMASK=000" or "UMASK 002" both no longer work I have tried everything to fix the permissions but nothing worked.

Same issue with me, will post in Linguafoeda's thread on Github to let them know

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DreadPirateRoberts said:

Same issue with me, will post in Linguafoeda's thread on Github to let them know

this was quick https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-qbittorrent/issues/181

"It's an issue we're aware of, it's been fixed in the upstream base image so the next build of the qbittorrent image will have the fix. In the meantime just roll back to the previous image release if you need the umask functionality."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not entirely sure what's gone wrong with my container, if anything, but connections are being very temperamental. i've posted in several places now and not received any help or advice. i thought the issue was with permissions so ran the docker safe new perms, but nothing has changed.

basically, where downloads and connections were instantaneous (or as close to), downloads on some trackers are taking ~50 minutes to connect. one tracker won't connect whatsoever, though. there has been issues with cloudflare which affected the trackers, but are apparently working again now, so the issue seems to be me. the logs say nothing, i'll attach diagnostics, but i don't know what else could be the issue here?

please advise.

tower-diagnostics-20220701-1126.zip