[Support] Linuxserver.io - Qbittorrent

On 12/24/2017 at 1:00 PM, PSYCHOPATHiO said:

I'm having an issue with the download folder, whenever I download a torrent to move or delete I have to apply permissions to the download folder. This is ofcorse after I stop seeding and remove it from qBittorrent interface. 

it's a bit frustrating

On 2/4/2018 at 3:08 PM, DZMM said:

is anyone else having problems with file permissions with this docker?  When I try to delete or move completed files in windows, I can't until I run the docker safe permission tool

Same... there's no way to set permissions to 0777 in this like sonarr/nzbget/etc. Anything this program downloads I cannot modify via my SMB share. 

Is there no solution?

Edited by tyrindor
2 hours ago, tyrindor said:

Same... there's no way to set permissions to 0777 in this like sonarr/nzbget/etc. Anything this program downloads I cannot modify via my SMB share. 

Is there no solution?

don't use windows lol

but seriously though read the readme https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-qbittorrent#usage linked to in the OP

and set umask accordingly http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/umask.2.html

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I have more questions about the WebUI port modification @Quiks@Altek86

I've seen on a few websites that you have to modify the WEBUI_PORT environment variable and the port map (previous post in this topic from @Quiksand official wiki of the container : https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/qbittorrent/ )

WEBUI_PORT variable

Due to issues with CSRF and port mapping, should you require to alter the port for the webui you need to change both sides of the -p 8080 switch AND set the WEBUI_PORT variable to the new port.
For example, to set the port to 8090 you need to set -p 8090:8090 and -e WEBUI_PORT=8090
This should alleviate the "white screen" issue.

My first question is : Did you have to remove the old container and data and create a new one to achieve that?

My second question : How do you do these things with details (commands to execute, files to modify, ...) ?

I've tried to modify the environment variable in command line 

docker exec -it -e WEBUI_PORT=0000 qbittorrent bash    # 0000 is the new port number

and added a new port map. I had a lot of difficulties doing these simple things, I think I've done it but it doesn't work and I don't know enough docker to be sure I've done the right things. I spent a lot of time trying this and finding only few forums which explains the steps and they are not detailed enough for me.

I'd like to find a way to modify this port without erasing all data involving the lose of torrents that I am seeding and qBittorrent config. I might want to modify it in the future too.

Thanks,

Gabriel

1 hour ago, gaby-one said:

Hi,

I have more questions about the WebUI port modification @Quiks@Altek86

I've seen on a few websites that you have to modify the WEBUI_PORT environment variable and the port map (previous post in this topic from @Quiksand official wiki of the container : https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/qbittorrent/ )

WEBUI_PORT variable

Due to issues with CSRF and port mapping, should you require to alter the port for the webui you need to change both sides of the -p 8080 switch AND set the WEBUI_PORT variable to the new port.
For example, to set the port to 8090 you need to set -p 8090:8090 and -e WEBUI_PORT=8090
This should alleviate the "white screen" issue.

My first question is : Did you have to remove the old container and data and create a new one to achieve that?

My second question : How do you do these things with details (commands to execute, files to modify, ...) ?

I've tried to modify the environment variable in command line 

docker exec -it -e WEBUI_PORT=0000 qbittorrent bash    # 0000 is the new port number

and added a new port map. I had a lot of difficulties doing these simple things, I think I've done it but it doesn't work and I don't know enough docker to be sure I've done the right things. I spent a lot of time trying this and finding only few forums which explains the steps and they are not detailed enough for me.

I'd like to find a way to modify this port without erasing all data involving the lose of torrents that I am seeding and qBittorrent config. I might want to modify it in the future too.

Thanks,

Gabriel

You set the variables in the container template. There's a button that says add variable at the bottom. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2017 at 9:40 AM, superderpbro said:

Popups are already allowed :/

EDIT: Hmm.. It works if i manually type in http://192.168.1.2:8080/ .. But not if i access the webui from unraid's webui.

this exact thing is happening to me. Firefox gives a blank page unless I manually type it in, chrome throws a "page cannot be displayed" until I hit the refresh button.

Did you ever figure this out?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2018 at 8:49 PM, newerNan said:

Please could we get this docker updated to qBittorrent v4.1.1, as some trackers have blacklisted all previous v4.x releases.

Thanks,

I was just about to ask for the same thing when I saw they already completed this request yesterday :)

"08.06.18: Bump qbitorrent to 4.1.1."

Thanks guys!

I moved to this docker again last week and I must say I much prefer this to Deluge.  The settings are much easier to follow and less definitely feels like more, and the 'seed torrents until their seeding time reaches' setting is a vital one missing from Deluge.

There's a bug with 'do not count slow torrents in these limits' not working which drove me away, but I've finally started using private torrents with good download speeds so I no longer have dozens of downloads running in the hope that a few would eek out a few KBs!

On 6/9/2018 at 10:43 AM, sheldon said:

I was just about to ask for the same thing when I saw they already completed this request yesterday :)

"08.06.18: Bump qbitorrent to 4.1.1."

Thanks guys!

How can I downgrade to 4.0.3? I have one tracker that does not play with 4.1.1. Is it as simple as adding :46 to the end of the repository?

Edited by Steve-0
  • 1 month later...
On 3/30/2018 at 6:37 AM, sparklyballs said:

don't use windows lol

but seriously though read the readme https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-qbittorrent#usage linked to in the OP

and set umask accordingly http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/umask.2.html

Not a windows problem.. On my mac, the files inside these "bad permissions" directories don't even show up ?

I tried using the above command, set -e UMASK_SET=000,  in my qbittorrent advanced options under 'parameters' and it ruined the docker, requiring reinstall. Anybody have any suggestions there?

• Upvote 1
On 2/10/2018 at 12:11 PM, Fredrick said:

Basically install unrar via the nerdpack plugin, then run command on completion:

unrar x "%F/*.r*" "%F/"

This worked for me but I am having permission issues with Sonarr/Radarr when importing the extracted file.

The extracted file reverts back to a umask of 0600 and therefore is unable to read and move the file across.

I tried incorporating "chmod -R 777 %R" in the syntax but it keeps breaking it everytime. Maybe I'm just not formatting it right:

unrar x "%F/*.r*" "%F/" chmod -R 775 "%R"

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Edited by FalconX
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure what happened, I think cause I have apps on auto-update.

Had access to webui for a while. Have done updates in the past no issues.

Now when I go to access the webui, it either loops back to the login as if it didn't login, or logs in with "Error: Unknown"

The log only shows

******** Information ********
To control qBittorrent, access the Web UI at http://localhost:8080
The Web UI administrator user name is: admin

Tried stopped and restarting the docker. Same issue.

Tried different browsers and computers. 

This is in my config

WebUI\Address=*
WebUI\AuthSubnetWhitelist=@Invalid()
WebUI\AuthSubnetWhitelistEnabled=false
WebUI\HTTPS\Enabled=false
WebUI\LocalHostAuth=true
WebUI\Port=8080
WebUI\ServerDomains=*
WebUI\UseUPnP=true
WebUI\Username=admin

Noticed it does not have Password=?

q1DW1ia.png

9QizKIe.png

Edited by Nyghthawk

Hopefully someone can give me some tips...

For some reason my qbittorrent stopped working or I am no longer able to connect to the webgui... very confused.

I have tried deleting the docker.  I tried reinstalling using the original directory, and a new one with the same results.  

I tried changing the port to 8123.  

Not sure what else to try.

I appreciate any help...

Edited by abuzzbuzz
9 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Tried clearing your browser cache?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

I have, and I have tried it from other PC's and the qt app on my phone.  They all just stopped working.

I can access the webqui for all my other dockers. 

I'm going to try and delete and reinstall again.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Edited by abuzzbuzz

EDIT:

Ok, weird.  I swear I tried refreshing my browser multiple times before.  Now it immediately opens a new tab and says it can't find it, but if I hit refresh, it does.  I had this problem in the past and it fixed itself.  Same issue on 2 pcs.  Any idea why it might right away say "this page isn't working" ? 

I suppose that's not a big deal, for some reason it now is just doing it when I click on the webui option from docker.  

I don't know what I did to fix whatever it was before.

Thanks so much..

Sorry.  I am still a novice after 7 years.  I try not to ask for help unless I run out of options.

Are these the logs you need?  I created the docker log by clicking on the log next to qb in Docker and copy and pasting it into a txt file.

Thanks for bearing with me and being patient, I really appreciate it.

docker log.txt

qbittorrent.log

Edited by abuzzbuzz

Another thing worked out well.

I just put in a cache drive for my appdata folder and realized all my torrents were on that share,  I moved them out of there and used the /download parameter to change the location and it found it!  So happy.  I was using Utorrent on my Win PC and tried moving stuff and it didn't work out.

I really appreciate your help and creating these dockers.

Hey guys. I'm having an issue getting port mappings to work properly. I have my pfsense box routing all traffic through my VPN service based on IP, however my VPN only forwards a specific port for me and it's not the default 6881. If I change the port in the docker settings from 6881 to the port I need it to run on, when the docker starts, the port mappings still show 6881 as the port. Can't figure out how to change this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!