[Support] Linuxserver.io - Qbittorrent

On 2/21/2019 at 5:04 PM, ctrlaltd1337 said:

I'm having a strange issue.

If I go to the URL, I am greeted with "This site can’t be reached, ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE." If I refresh I get the same thing, but if I press enter in the address bar, it loads me to the login screen and everything works fine.

Anybody else experiencing this or have an idea for a fix?

I think it's an issue with Chrome. I remember that happening when I used Chrome in the past. It doesn't happen with the Brave browser I use now.

• 2 weeks later...

That isn't a very helpful answer, because I have already proven that no, I can't.

I would be happy to correct this lack of ability on my part, by following explicit instructions on how to do it (that I hope you can link to). But as it stands, I've tried a whole bunch of things, and I still can't get this Docker up and running with a web UI using my preferred port.

I thought Docker was supposed to be nice and straightforward, insulating the user from all the back-end fiddling and CLI junk that's normally required (especially with Linux stuff)? I have never had as much trouble with any of the maybe 20 Dockers I have running as I'm having with this one.

Edited by Karyudo
1 hour ago, Karyudo said:

That isn't a very helpful answer, because I have already proven that no, I can't.

I would be happy to correct this lack of ability on my part, by following explicit instructions on how to do it (that I hope you can link to). But as it stands, I've tried a whole bunch of things, and I still can't get this Docker up and running with a web UI using my preferred port.

I thought Docker was supposed to be nice and straightforward, insulating the user from all the back-end fiddling and CLI junk that's normally required (especially with Linux stuff)? I have never had as much trouble with any of the maybe 20 Dockers I have running as I'm having with this one.

I assume you read this section of our readme https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-qbittorrent/blob/master/README.md#webui_port-variable

Edited by j0nnymoe

Yeah, I did. I sort of understand it, and I thought I was doing the right thing to update the WEBUI_PORT variable in the Docker (even using Advanced View), but no luck.

I have not "check[ed] the file /config/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf," because I have no idea how to do that—and I'd assume that's not needed because it's all taken care of by the Docker, which already has a Web UI line in the Advanced View where I can enter the port.

5 hours ago, Karyudo said:

Yeah, I did. I sort of understand it, and I thought I was doing the right thing to update the WEBUI_PORT variable in the Docker (even using Advanced View), but no luck.

I have not "check[ed] the file /config/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf," because I have no idea how to do that—and I'd assume that's not needed because it's all taken care of by the Docker, which already has a Web UI line in the Advanced View where I can enter the port.

Did you create a new mapped port for the container?

image.png

Edited by j0nnymoe

No, of course not, because that's not a step I've seen shown explicitly in any previous guide or discussion of this problem.

I've tried it now, though, and it fails (probably because of some earlier poorly-described step that I did wrong):

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='qbittorrent'
--net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' 
-p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8085:8080/tcp' -p '8085:8085/tcp' 
-v '/mnt/disks/DB6/unRAID_UD_downloads/qbittorrent/':'/downloads':'rw' 
-v '/mnt/user/appdata/qbittorrent':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/qbittorrent' 
cd5d04a2420ae4a68c26b83d50fd9d3ac39b23caa82c879cc5144fb1fc6597c5
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint
qbittorrent (ef12dd65bbde9e5a1dc61f1c98602c7d09dfaad4685f0410fc90fe25158f0bce):
Bind for 0.0.0.0:8085 failed: port is already allocated.

I don't suppose there's a comprehensive 'how-to' document somewhere, is there?

The readme is a decent starting point, but to the casual user of Dockers (which I thought was the point of Docker) it's sort of like Einstein writing, "And because matter and energy are interchangeable, you can just calculate the rest yourself," without ever making the E=mc² part explicit. And without you, as the reader, knowing up front that 'c' is the speed of light....

4 hours ago, Karyudo said:

No, of course not, because that's not a step I've seen shown explicitly in any previous guide or discussion of this problem.

I've tried it now, though, and it fails (probably because of some earlier poorly-described step that I did wrong):

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='qbittorrent'
--net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' 
-p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8085:8080/tcp' -p '8085:8085/tcp' 
cd5d04a2420ae4a68c26b83d50fd9d3ac39b23caa82c879cc5144fb1fc6597c5
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint
qbittorrent (ef12dd65bbde9e5a1dc61f1c98602c7d09dfaad4685f0410fc90fe25158f0bce):
Bind for 0.0.0.0:8085 failed: port is already allocated.

I don't suppose there's a comprehensive 'how-to' document somewhere, is there?

The readme is a decent starting point, but to the casual user of Dockers (which I thought was the point of Docker) it's sort of like Einstein writing, "And because matter and energy are interchangeable, you can just calculate the rest yourself," without ever making the E=mc² part explicit. And without you, as the reader, knowing up front that 'c' is the speed of light....

There is no need to read a comprehensive guide on how to change the port it's using.

Please delete the container, image and the appdata for this container and start fresh. Then when you are in the template, set Host Port 3 to 8085 and the webgui will be at unraidIP:8085.

There is no reason to alter anything inside the container. In the above example, you managed to use port 8085 for two port mappings and therefor getting the error message you get. 

There is nothing wrong with this container.

tl;dr: Fail.

Delete the container, image, and appdata: check. 

In template, set Host Port 3 to 8086 (I even changed this from 8085, to make sure I wasn't accidentally picking up any remnants of sins of the past): check.

WebGUI is at 192.168.1.201:8086... fail: I still get "This site can’t be reached."

-p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8086:8080/tcp' 
56855b8f2aa27525bcf010fe64f8b93bdf82127932c9dd8e8bed2b960da707db

I also tried this with --net='proxynet', which is how SABnzbd is set up (that's the Docker already using 8080, btw)... also fail. 

Just for fun, I stopped SABnzbd, and used port 8080 for qbittorrent. Got the same error when starting the web GUI.

BUT! Then I actually typed in 'http://192.168.1.201:8080' and THAT WORKED. (What?! WHY???)

Edited the Docker back to 8086, tried the same "trick" and... fail.

I. don't. get it. 

6 minutes ago, Karyudo said:

tl;dr: Fail.

Delete the container, image, and appdata: check. 

In template, set Host Port 3 to 8086 (I even changed this from 8085, to make sure I wasn't accidentally picking up any remnants of sins of the past): check.

WebGUI is at 192.168.1.201:8086... fail: I still get "This site can’t be reached."

-p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8086:8080/tcp' 
56855b8f2aa27525bcf010fe64f8b93bdf82127932c9dd8e8bed2b960da707db

I also tried this with --net='proxynet', which is how SABnzbd is set up (that's the Docker already using 8080, btw)... also fail. 

Just for fun, I stopped SABnzbd, and used port 8080 for qbittorrent. Got the same error when starting the web GUI.

BUT! Then I actually typed in 'http://192.168.1.201:8080' and THAT WORKED. (What?! WHY???)

Edited the Docker back to 8086, tried the same "trick" and... fail.

I. don't. get it. 

Again as per the readme, it states `need to change both sides` aka the container port and host port to match and you haven't done this.

qbit.thumb.gif.608c72d093569d3eb7547ddf7b014b65.gif

• Like 4

tl;dr: Success!

The video clip was very helpful—thanks for taking the time to make it. [Also: nice way to confirm my suspicions that the previous "there is no reason to alter anything inside the container" poster didn't really know how to solve the problem, either. ]

To summarize the steps covered by the video clip that I duplicated in my own installation:

1. Remove Key 3.

2. Add another Port:

Name: WebUI

Container Port: 8086 (or whatever port the user chooses)

Host Port: 8086 (same as above)

3. Add another Variable:

Name: WEBUI_PORT

Key: WEBUI_PORT

Value: 8086 (or whatever the choice was in Step 2)

Turns out I had added both a Variable and a Port at one point or another—but never at the same time (and I still may not have done either addition correctly).

5 hours ago, LSL1337 said:

yesterday i was messing around with this docker, and i could only get to the webui on HOST mode.

i mapped the ports, the -e webui paramter as well, but no luck...

is there a downside running this docker in host (network) mode?

Post your docker run command. 

The downside is that the container have full access to the network. 

Just recently updated to 4.1.5 and now all of a sudden my Socks5 authentication will no longer work. If i disable it, everything kicks off fine with a simple restart of the docker. Otherwise, torrents are added but stay stuck on "Downloading metadata". Is anyone else having the same issue or found a fix?

I've been using qbittorrent for windows for the last little while, but decided to try this linux version for UnRaid.  I can setup basically everything, but I don't see where to add RSSfeeds.  Is this not an option in this version of qbit?  Is there plans on adding RSSfeeds?  Or am I just missing a setting in the Options to add them?

• 2 weeks later...

Marbles: On linux you have access via the webUI only.

The webUI doesn't have RSS features implemented yet (I wouldn't hold my breath, it was requested years ago, the devs gave a maybe later answer, but ofc it's not up to the LS.io guys).

If you want RSS on unraid, you should use deluge (it's awesome), or give flexget a try, but that's a whole different world.

Edited by LSL1337

i have a couple problems, though everything has been running pretty smoothly for me so far:

1. a couple torrents have stalled at 99.9% downloading. at a guess this may resolve after a reboot, though plenty of downloads have come through with no issue so far. anything i can check quickly before a reboot?

2. my more pressing concern, though i don't know whether i'm just being stupid. there is no torrent creator? can only add a file or a link, but no option to create a torrent whatsoever.

another issue now. i tried to make a new container path for qbt to see if it would help unstall an upload, and i've now got the error:

"root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='qbittorrent' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/dwnld/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/tv/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/music/':'/music':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/dwnld/incomplete/':'/incomplete/':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/dwnld/torrentwatch/':'/watch/':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/music/compilations/':'/compilations/':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/qbittorrent/':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/qbittorrent' 

Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name "/qbittorrent" is already in use by container "b74e69e1665439be365b4bf2c909ae89897ba0f1fb1fbce88abb04798773dc8a". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.

The command failed."

this hasn't been an issue before. i'm not sure where the conflict is as i haven't changed anything to do with appdata from the default at initial installation. in the /mnt/user/appdata/qbitorrent/ folder there is a /qBitorrent folder and a /data/qBitorrent/ folder which i'm guessing is where the conflict lies? is it safe to rename the appdata one to something like /mnt/user/appdata/qbt/ ?

4 hours ago, gellux said:

still no torrent creator though

Dockers are just applications written by someone else and made into containers by the Unraid developers. Many applications have their own website and forum.

If you are having a problem getting the container installed then the support thread for the container is going to be the best place to ask. If you have a problem or question about the application itself you might be better off checking out the website for the application.

There is a link to the website for the application in the first post in this thread. That is typical for all docker support threads.