[Support] Linuxserver.io - Qbittorrent

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a similar issue as described earlier in this post. I've installed the qbittorrent docker image from linuxserver.io and haven't touched any config settings. At the moment it is the only container I have running. When I try to navigate to the Web UI I get a completely blank page. Refreshing doesn't do anything but show the same blank page, however, clicking into the URL bar and then hitting enter loads the login prompt and from there the Web UI appears to be working as expected. I mainly use Firefox but I'm seeing the same issue in Chrome. I've tried clearing my cache and specifically allowing popups for this site.

There are some errors in my container logs. That same error message just repeats endlessly.

run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='qbittorrent' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/downloads/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/qbittorrent':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/qbittorrent'

3694107a9151a96783219bd21a7914f76544f7cdbddada89181e3632cdb042e6

The command finished successfully!

Any ideas to get this working? I'd rather not have to manually click the url bar and hit enter every time I need to access the Web UI.

Thanks!

On 10/3/2017 at 10:49 PM, Quiks said:

Are you changing it in the Qbt WEBUI settings or the container?

Edit: I found I had the same issue as you, but was able to figure it out. With the base settings, any time you change the port in the QBT interface, it will reset to 8080 when rebooting the docker.

To fix this, you need 2 changes from the default config.

Remove the original 8080:8080 port map

create a new one 6666:6666 (whatever your new port is)

add a new variable

Key: WEBUI_PORT

Value: 6666 (again, whatever your new port is)

apply this and your UI should now work on the new port.

However, clicking WEBUI on your docker in the UnRaid UI will yield a webpage opening with :8080 which won't load. I'm still trying to figure out how to change the default webpage since it seems hardcoded to 8080.

Hopefully this helps you or anyone else trying to change their port!

edit: I figured out that I had the view on basic. Switched it to advanced, and I can change the default launch URL as well.

That should fix all the issues for everyone.

Woot!

Excellent Quiks!

This one has been so annoying, Thanks for sharing the fix!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After must recent update, launching webui just hangs

Checked template and through shell .conf all is as should be.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

unRaid Nvidia 6.7.2

edit:  Noticing this is for all container WebUI - yikes!

edit2:  I am a knob... I am trying to access from inside a hosted VM... accessing from outside works fine.  How can I access from inside a VM though?

Edited by J.Nerdy
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm getting the same problem as @J.Nerdy after an update. Not sure why this is happening. Restarting the container works, then the UI and program freeze. Nothing I can do from there without restart the app again. Keeps doing the same thing though. Works for a min or two, then freezes.

Checking log it says:

TCP: request_sock_TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port X. Sending cookies. Check SNMP counters.

Any idea on this? It just started popping up, no idea why as I've had this box running for 2+ years w/ no issues like this before.

***EDIT***

I looked around and found that the SYN flooding message related to the system thinking it's under some sort of DDoS attack. Modified the following in my sysctl file and it seems to be good so far:

net.ipv4.tcp_syn_retries = 3
        # default=5
net.ipv4.tcp_synack_retries = 3
        # default=5
net.ipv4.tcp_max_syn_backlog = 65536
        # default=1024
net.core.wmem_max = 8388608
        # default=124928
net.core.rmem_max = 8388608
        # default=131071
net.core.somaxconn = 512
        # default = 128
net.core.optmem_max = 81920
        # default = 20480
        #
net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies=0

Edited by Blaze9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm new to Unraid but not to Linux or Dockers. I have read through this forum but did not find anyone who posted a solution to this issue, I did see one other with the same problem. I get to the login page, when I enter the default user name and password I receive an error of invalid username or password. This is a fresh clean install so I'm not sure what I am missing. I did get some information from the qBittorrent logs below. Any assistance would be nice.

W) 2019-07-24T11:40:32 - WebAPI login failure. Reason: invalid credentials, attempt count: 1, IP: ::ffff:10.1.253.1, username: 
(W) 2019-07-24T11:40:33 - WebAPI login failure. Reason: invalid credentials, attempt count: 2, IP: ::ffff:10.1.253.1, username: 

• 2 weeks later...

After installing the docker,

• Invalid Username and Password (admin/adminadmin).
  • Chrome (with popup enabled), unable to open,  unless using incognito or manually hit enter in address bar.
  • Unable to change the port, as it keeps resetting to 8080.

I have tried a few things, clearing cache, removing the config file, nothing changes.

Any fixes for these?

9 hours ago, Leverz said:

After installing the docker,

• Invalid Username and Password (admin/adminadmin).
  • Chrome (with popup enabled), unable to open,  unless using incognito or manually hit enter in address bar.
  • Unable to change the port, as it keeps resetting to 8080.

I have tried a few things, clearing cache, removing the config file, nothing changes.

Any fixes for these?

Password and user is correct. Just checked it here on a new install.

Not sure what you mean by chrome not able to open.

If you change the webui port you also need to set a variable and also delete the existing webui port mapping as you need to set the port to the same on both host and container. Add a new one with the correct port.

Then you probably need to enable authoring mode in docker settings and delete the template url in the Qbittorrent setup so unraid isn't adding the port mapping again.

• Like 1

Firstly, thanks for getting back to me. I do have a little follow up.

6 hours ago, saarg said:

Password and user is correct. Just checked it here on a new install.

I have tried removing the docker, removing the folder and then installing, with the same problem. I have also removed the config file, and restarted, only to have the same problem. Going through the forums here I'm not the only person to encounter this problem, only none list a fix. An example is lexcomman above me who even refers to others he has seen.
Is the config file copied elsewhere and being retained through fresh installs?

6 hours ago, saarg said:

Not sure what you mean by chrome not able to open.

When opening the WebUI via the docker control interface, I get a "This page isn't working" (HTTP ERROR 401). If I click into the address bar and hit return the login page will open. I have already set chrome to allow popups and redirects for the address and port to get this far. (Update, the same problem is being experienced in Firefox, the address must be manually confirmed in the address bar there too.)

6 hours ago, saarg said:

If you change the webui port you also need to set a variable and also delete the existing webui port mapping as you need to set the port to the same on both host and container. Add a new one with the correct port.

Then you probably need to enable authoring mode in docker settings and delete the template url in the Qbittorrent setup so unraid isn't adding the port mapping again.

This may be fixed when I can finally login then. :)

4 minutes ago, Leverz said:

I have tried removing the docker, removing the folder and then installing, with the same problem. I have also removed the config file, and restarted, only to have the same problem. Going through the forums here I'm not the only person to encounter this problem, only none list a fix. An example is lexcomman above me who even refers to others he has seen.
Is the config file copied elsewhere and being retained through fresh installs?

When opening the WebUI via the docker control interface, I get a "This page isn't working" (HTTP ERROR 401). If I click into the address bar and hit return the login page will open. I have already set chrome to allow popups and redirects for the address and port to get this far. (Update, the same problem is being experienced in Firefox, the address must be manually confirmed in the address bar there too.)

This may be fixed when I can finally login then. :)

You also need to delete the appdata folder if you want to install it clean. It worked here with default user/password, so unless you are doing something special, it should work for you also.

If you have tried to change the webui port, then you will not be able to use the webui shortcut in the menu.

You have to fix the port for the webui before you can log in.

12 minutes ago, saarg said:

You also need to delete the appdata folder if you want to install it clean. It worked here with default user/password, so unless you are doing something special, it should work for you also.

Yes, I thought I covered that with the following. Just to clarify, I have removed the directory from within the appdata folder.

20 minutes ago, Leverz said:

I have tried removing the docker, removing the folder and then installing...

I have done nothing special. I cannot talk about other users. For example.

On 7/24/2019 at 4:49 PM, lexcomman said:

I'm new to Unraid but not to Linux or Dockers. I have read through this forum but did not find anyone who posted a solution to this issue, I did see one other with the same problem. I get to the login page, when I enter the default user name and password I receive an error of invalid username or password. This is a fresh clean install so I'm not sure what I am missing. I did get some information from the qBittorrent logs below. Any assistance would be nice.

Edited by Leverz
2 hours ago, Leverz said:

Yes, I thought I covered that with the following. Just to clarify, I have removed the directory from within the appdata folder.

I have done nothing special. I cannot talk about other users. For example.

Post your docker run command.

On 7/24/2019 at 5:49 PM, lexcomman said:

W) 2019-07-24T11:40:32 - WebAPI login failure. Reason: invalid credentials, attempt count: 1, IP: ::ffff:10.1.253.1, username: 
(W) 2019-07-24T11:40:33 - WebAPI login failure. Reason: invalid credentials, attempt count: 2, IP: ::ffff:10.1.253.1, username: 

Doesn't look like you have entered a username.

41 minutes ago, saarg said:

Post your docker run command.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='qbittorrent' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/qbittorrent':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/qbittorrent' 

9 minutes ago, Leverz said:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='qbittorrent' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/qbittorrent':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/qbittorrent' 

You do get to the login page?

1 minute ago, Leverz said:

Yup, copy and paste, typed out in notepad, from website etc, nothing works.
image.png.acbd81a0d130318f7b2d482078b9bdec.png

Have you tried not pasting?

Post the log of qbittorrent from data/qbittorrent/logs in the appdata folder.

Do you have any antivirus/malware software running that might block it?

8 minutes ago, saarg said:

Have you tried not pasting?

Yeah, sorry I listed all out just to say that I have tried all options.

8 minutes ago, saarg said:

Yes I do, but I disabled everything, and tried it, still no joy.

14 minutes ago, saarg said:

Post the log of qbittorrent from data/qbittorrent/logs in the appdata folder.

qbittorrent.log

24 minutes ago, saarg said:

Is that log from after a login attempt? There is nothing in the logs about an invalid login.

1 hour ago, saarg said:

OK, I use BitDefender, and it seems that their "Online Threat Protection" is at 'fault' here. Once I added an exception, it worked. I thought I had turned everything off before that, but of course, there is no toggle for that element. 

Thank you for your time, I hope that this helps you troubleshoot in the future, with the unable to use default user/pass.