[Support] Linuxserver.io - Qbittorrent

if anyone could explain this i'd be grateful but i'm concerned i'm opening a can of worms:

on a private tracker, they ban the use of certain ports, specifically the default that bittorrent clients use, saying that ISPs throttle them. how can i change the ports so i can seed to this tracker from unraid? the ports banned are 6881-6889. i've changed the listening port to something like 50000 but that did nothing.

On 2/9/2020 at 5:02 AM, gellux said:

if anyone could explain this i'd be grateful but i'm concerned i'm opening a can of worms:

on a private tracker, they ban the use of certain ports, specifically the default that bittorrent clients use, saying that ISPs throttle them. how can i change the ports so i can seed to this tracker from unraid? the ports banned are 6881-6889. i've changed the listening port to something like 50000 but that did nothing.

That's how you change it. What do you mean it did nothing?

Hello guys.

I've got qBittorrent in Docker running on Libreelec on Raspberry Pi (don't know if it's essential but anyway).

It's no problem to download small files. But if I try to download something large, torrent gets stalled after about 400 MB is downloaded, though target catalog has enough space.

I'll be grateful if you can point me on possible reasons of such behavior.

On 10/3/2017 at 9:49 PM, Quiks said:

Are you changing it in the Qbt WEBUI settings or the container?

Edit: I found I had the same issue as you, but was able to figure it out. With the base settings, any time you change the port in the QBT interface, it will reset to 8080 when rebooting the docker.

To fix this, you need 2 changes from the default config.

Remove the original 8080:8080 port map

create a new one 6666:6666 (whatever your new port is)

add a new variable

Key: WEBUI_PORT

Value: 6666 (again, whatever your new port is)

apply this and your UI should now work on the new port.

However, clicking WEBUI on your docker in the UnRaid UI will yield a webpage opening with :8080 which won't load. I'm still trying to figure out how to change the default webpage since it seems hardcoded to 8080.

Hopefully this helps you or anyone else trying to change their port!

edit: I figured out that I had the view on basic. Switched it to advanced, and I can change the default launch URL as well.

That should fix all the issues for everyone.

Woot!

Just installed for the first time and followed these instructions exactly. Tried it several times but no matter what I do it always reverts to port 8080 in the qBittorrent.conf settings file that is put in appdata. I can get to it using port 8080 but that's already in use by something else so I have to shut that down first. Way too much stuff configed for that first program on 8080 to make me want to change the port for it.

Unraid 6.8.2

2 hours ago, Riot said:

Just installed for the first time and followed these instructions exactly. Tried it several times but no matter what I do it always reverts to port 8080 in the qBittorrent.conf settings file that is put in appdata. I can get to it using port 8080 but that's already in use by something else so I have to shut that down first. Way too much stuff configed for that first program on 8080 to make me want to change the port for it.

Unraid 6.8.2

It would help if you provided screenshots of your template or provided the docker run command.

Bah. I got it. Seems I had got an extra space I hadn't noticed at the beginning of WEBUI_PORT when I copied and pasted it into the variable. Was pulling it from my clipboard manager so was pasting wrong every time.

Edit: Actually maybe it wasn't a space. When I redid the docker and it worked just now I copied "WEBUI_PORT" from my quote above to add it. Some reason it is different from the one I copied last night from the first post because my clipboard manager has two different entries but I can find no difference in the text. Not sure what it is.

Edited by Riot
  • 2 weeks later...

With version 4.3.0alpha1 has stopped the search plug-ins

Could not parse Nova search engine capabilities, msg:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/config/data/qBittorrent/nova3/nova2.py", line 36, in <module>
import urllib.parse
ImportError: No module named parse

7LDxdsp.jpg

On 10/4/2017 at 4:49 AM, Quiks said:

Remove the original 8080:8080 port map

create a new one 6666:6666 (whatever your new port is)

add a new variable

Key: WEBUI_PORT

Value: 6666 (again, whatever your new port is)

It's almost three years old, but glad you posted it, thanks!

Couldn't figure out why my instance wouldn't connect... 

Good morning

The search engine is still failing:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: executing...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Could not parse Nova search engine capabilities, msg:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):

import urllib.parse

Linuxserver.io version:- 4.3.0202003270617-6905-2408ce9ubuntu18.04.1-ls32 Build-date:- 2020-03-27T03:19:29-04:00

Linuxserver.io version:- 14.2.0.99201912051435-6796-912b076ubuntu18.04.1-ls56 Build-date:- 2019-12-05T17:12:21+01:00

UnRaid v6.8.3

I have tried changing the default port as mentioned in this thread - with NO success

My Docker configuration:

image.png

Docker Command:

image.thumb.png.408977168515ad61fcacdf12612c7a9c.png

I tried manually going to port 192.168.1.104:8083 but always get "This site can’t be reached" error

image.png.d3a3138b3eba3403b0fa4f1e54214a66.png

All my other dockers WEBUI work OK.

What I noticed is that the qBittorent.conf file has the following parameter: WebUI\Port=8080 even when I change it or completely delete the file or the whole Docker appdata folder each time I run the docker it is recreated with the 8080 port.

I tried reinstalling the docker a few time with the port change but still not working.

How can I get it working?

Edited by theone
1 hour ago, theone said:

Docker Command:

image.thumb.png.408977168515ad61fcacdf12612c7a9c.png

I tried manually going to port 192.168.1.104:8083 but always get "This site can’t be reached" error

You've misplaced the variable "WEBUI_PORT", it's not detecting it when it comes to making the docker.

I've got it on like this:

R8wrKP0.png

On 4/1/2020 at 3:27 PM, BestITGuys said:

Search is broken since the last update. Getting the following error in the log:

import urllib.parse

I have the same problem:

1 hour ago, Nebur692 said:

You've misplaced the variable "WEBUI_PORT", it's not detecting it when it comes to making the docker.

OK I misread the original fix post.

I recreated just the WEBUI port, but did not create an additional WEBUI parameter.

Now working

THX

I am perplexed

Everytime I restart the container, the same 17 (out of 310) torrents are force rechecked, and, then set to complete rather than actively seeding.

I assume the FastResume data is corrupted.

Is there anything I can do so that these torrents just begin seeding upon container restart?