[Support] Linuxserver.io - Qbittorrent

I've been having issues with write permissions. qBittorrent has been able successfully receive files from Radarr/Sonarr, however it will never start a download. Logs confirm permission denied. Deluge works and has the exact same volume mapping. I have tried the following steps with no success:

1. Used default PUID/PGID

2. Used PUID/PGID that successfully work with Deluge (exact same path as Deluge)

3. Used the 'id (user)' command and input the PUID/PGID (values shown in screenshot)

Regardless of what values I use, it will not write.

qBitRun.thumb.JPG.b9fd7a2fa2b752bbfbcd4081565eddf1.JPG

2 hours ago, DoesItHimself said:

I've been having issues with write permissions. qBittorrent has been able successfully receive files from Radarr/Sonarr, however it will never start a download. Logs confirm permission denied. Deluge works and has the exact same volume mapping. I have tried the following steps with no success:

1. Used default PUID/PGID

2. Used PUID/PGID that successfully work with Deluge (exact same path as Deluge)

3. Used the 'id (user)' command and input the PUID/PGID (values shown in screenshot)

Regardless of what values I use, it will not write.

qBitRun.thumb.JPG.b9fd7a2fa2b752bbfbcd4081565eddf1.JPG

Have you tried running docker safe permissions in the unraid menu?

On 4/6/2020 at 9:05 AM, J.Nerdy said:

I am perplexed

Everytime I restart the container, the same 17 (out of 310) torrents are force rechecked, and, then set to complete rather than actively seeding.

I assume the FastResume data is corrupted.

Is there anything I can do so that these torrents just begin seeding upon container restart?

I'd try re-adding them.

Anyone had an issue with data disappearing? I frequently find completed torrents are stopped and says it is missing the data. I run a search on my server and the files are no where. I know there is an option to remove and delete files after seeding is complete but I don't have that option enabled. I'm not even sure if this is a qbittorrent problem or not.

Edited by bobbintb

Hi All, I'm having a new problem for the last month or so.

Nothing on my setup changed, I'm running latest versions of everything.

Qbittorrent all of a sudden started to move completed torrents into my "Auto" folder i.e. the folder that is bein autowatched for new torrents.

Normally the download is moved when completed to a folder called "completed" and the torrent is moved to "finished torrents"

The relevant paths are still assigned correctly within settings, and if i manually "set download location" to the "completed" directory by right clicking the torrent it moves to the correct place on completion.

image.png.f3680352df92d44bbea3b4cc14aa80f1.png

19 hours ago, JBanner said:

Hi All, I'm having a new problem for the last month or so.

Nothing on my setup changed, I'm running latest versions of everything.

Qbittorrent all of a sudden started to move completed torrents into my "Auto" folder i.e. the folder that is bein autowatched for new torrents.

Normally the download is moved when completed to a folder called "completed" and the torrent is moved to "finished torrents"

The relevant paths are still assigned correctly within settings, and if i manually "set download location" to the "completed" directory by right clicking the torrent it moves to the correct place on completion.

I'm glad I came and looked, I am having exactly the same issue. I thought it was my config and have completely rebuilt the categories and folders. 

Hmmm I wonder what has changed.

24 minutes ago, twistedsanity said:

I'm glad I came and looked, I am having exactly the same issue. I thought it was my config and have completely rebuilt the categories and folders. 

Hmmm I wonder what has changed.

I also have the same problem - new Qbittorrent docker user (used until now on my Win10 VM with no issues) 

Hey i have found some qBT themes but i can't make them work. 
While on a windows qbt client work. I don't know how to properly install them on a dockers WebUI.
Tried to put the .qbtheme file on /config/themes folder on appdata and on settings set Alternate WebUI and pointed to /config/themes/file.qbtheme
After that webui wont open and gives error "Unacceptable file type, only regular file is allowed"

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Theme tried: https://github.com/jagannatharjun/qbt-theme

• 4 weeks later...

I can't use port 8080 because of my Ubiquiti controller. 

So im using port 1212 but all i get is connection refused. I wonder if the docker command from the app is hardcoded to use 8080. Anyone else has this issue?

not sure why qbitorrent would use 8080 its fairly dumb as a lot web proxy uses 8080 by default. 

20 minutes ago, DarthZash said:

I can't use port 8080 because of my Ubiquiti controller. 

So im using port 1212 but all i get is connection refused. I wonder if the docker command from the app is hardcoded to use 8080. Anyone else has this issue?

not sure why qbitorrent would use 8080 its fairly dumb as a lot web proxy uses 8080 by default. 

I fixed it, I added the WEBUI_PORT in docker config.

This should  be  an option when creating it.

image.thumb.png.3e13c9536473b6550dc8a2f6b6619b32.pngU

On 5/22/2020 at 9:24 PM, DarthZash said:

I fixed it, I added the WEBUI_PORT in docker config.

I tried to do exactly. I've gone to the support page. I've read and read. I've got Dolphin using 8080, so I need to manually change the web port.

I delete the default 6881, and change it. I add a variable path as above, and make WEBPORT_UI match the port I assigned.
The only thing I haven't done consistently is remove the line about port 8080. Do I need to remove that from the config setup?

I have tried this so many times, so many ways, and I cannot get the web page to load.

Is there a way of checking whether you are connectable to trackers through the docker?

Every time I open https://canyouseeme.org/ through my PC it just looks at the IP address of my computer and not my Unraid server so I don't know how to check it. My Unraid server isn't connected to a screen and its a bit of a hassle taking it out and getting it set up just for checking if I am connectable.

Side issue: Im seeing 900+ torrents and hardly getting any upload ratio at all..

I'm trying to add my self signed certificate and key file to enable tls on the webui but the webserver always fails to start after adding it.

At first I had put the key into the cert field and the cert into the key field but even after correcting that it's still broken.

I was previously using the same key+cert on an older version of qbittorrent in an ubuntu vm.

NVM, apparently you need to create the files inside the conf folder and set the path instead of pasting them into the webui like previously.

Edited by ikkuranus

I've been using RSS a lot on qBittorrent on Windows, and I'm missing that function on the Web UI. Is there any way to see the normal UI over VNC or something similar? Or do I have to set up something like FlexGet to download the torrent files, and then have qBittorrent monitor folders.

I'm having an issue where qBittorrent drops all DHT nodes.

Picks up nodes fine on startup but after a yet undetermined amount of time connections go to zero. Was previously getting "TLS: tls_process: killed expiring key" in my VPN container and thought that was my issue. I removed/replaced my old VPN instance and haven't had any connections issues there now but still having the DHT issue. Because all this started happening at the same time I'm not 100% sure where the problem is. I've included a snip from the log that includes everytheng that seemed relevent.

I'm using a container I ported over myself to use NordLynx for my VPN.

qBittorrent v4.2.5

Edit: It also looks that my uploads have dropped to almost zero. I'm connected to a dedicated P2P server and have checked the connection inside the container.

qbit.txt

Edited by shiftylilbastrd
14 hours ago, TechD87 said:

Accidently checked-off HTTPS without providing credentials. Now I can't access Web GUI, only android app. There a way to fix that configuration without wiping the whole thing and starting from scratch?

I also messed up my configuration accidentally. You should be able to just stop the container and edit the config file in appdata.

On 4/25/2020 at 8:01 PM, skois said:

Hey i have found some qBT themes but i can't make them work. 
While on a windows qbt client work. I don't know how to properly install them on a dockers WebUI.
Tried to put the .qbtheme file on /config/themes folder on appdata and on settings set Alternate WebUI and pointed to /config/themes/file.qbtheme
After that webui wont open and gives error "Unacceptable file type, only regular file is allowed"

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Theme tried: https://github.com/jagannatharjun/qbt-theme

I had the exact same issue.

I tried creating a new path /theme/ in the container template pointing to a theme folder and had the same outcome. Has anyone got this to work?

I had the exact same issue.

I tried creating a new path /theme/ in the container template pointing to a theme folder and had the same outcome. Has anyone got this to work?
I ended up injecting it on the reverse proxy file

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

A reverse proxy file doesn't sound familiar, so we probably have it set up differently. Would you be able to elaborate further on how you did that?
I access it through a domain, with let's encrypt I'll try to remember to send you some config when I get home

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, xMaverickx said:

A reverse proxy file doesn't sound familiar, so we probably have it set up differently. Would you be able to elaborate further on how you did that?

I use NGINX Proxy Manager so i can access my qbit from "torrent.domain.me" so on the proxy config i added the lines 

###Theme Start###
    proxy_set_header Accept-Encoding "";
    sub_filter    
    '</head>'
    #CSS Values: aquamarine, dark, hotline, plex, qbittorrent-base, space-gray
    '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://gilbn.github.io/theme.park/CSS/themes/qbittorrent/space-gray.css">
    </head>';
    sub_filter_once on;
    #As Qbittorrent will block the theme with its content security policy you need to change or remove the CSP header.
    proxy_hide_header "x-webkit-csp";
    proxy_hide_header "content-security-policy";
    ###Theme End###

If i access the qbit from local ip its still on the old theme. But on torrent.domain.me have the theme applied.

This is the theme pack i used
https://github.com/gilbN/theme.park

17 hours ago, skois said:

I use NGINX Proxy Manager so i can access my qbit from "torrent.domain.me" so on the proxy config i added the lines 

###Theme Start###
    proxy_set_header Accept-Encoding "";
    sub_filter    
    '</head>'
    #CSS Values: aquamarine, dark, hotline, plex, qbittorrent-base, space-gray
    '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://gilbn.github.io/theme.park/CSS/themes/qbittorrent/space-gray.css">
    </head>';
    sub_filter_once on;
    #As Qbittorrent will block the theme with its content security policy you need to change or remove the CSP header.
    proxy_hide_header "x-webkit-csp";
    proxy_hide_header "content-security-policy";
    ###Theme End###

If i access the qbit from local ip its still on the old theme. But on torrent.domain.me have the theme applied.

This is the theme pack i used
https://github.com/gilbN/theme.park

Ok, great. I use NPM as well, so in theory this should work for me as well, but I edited the proxy host in NPM and copy and pasted exactly what you wrote above in the custom configuration and nothing seemed to change. I checked the config file directly as well and the code is there.

Not sure why. Any ideas? Many thanks for helping.