[Support] Linuxserver.io - Qbittorrent

19 hours ago, NVrEnough said:

I had same issue and had to rollback to 4.2.5 to fix it.  This issue is well documented at reddit.

I ended up adding "tag" to the docker "repository" field.  Edit the docker container repository field to this: 

linuxserver/qbittorrent:14.2.5.99202004250119-7015-2c65b79ubuntu18.04.1-ls93

Hope this helps...

Just created an account to say thank you, this worked for me. 

On 10/26/2020 at 9:08 AM, NVrEnough said:

I had same issue and had to rollback to 4.2.5 to fix it.  This issue is well documented at reddit.

I ended up adding "tag" to the docker "repository" field.  Edit the docker container repository field to this: 

linuxserver/qbittorrent:14.2.5.99202004250119-7015-2c65b79ubuntu18.04.1-ls93

Hope this helps...

this worked for a few days but the docker now gives Error 401 "page not working". is it related or? 

i've removed and reinstalled the container with same result :/

12 hours ago, gellux said:

this worked for a few days but the docker now gives Error 401 "page not working". is it related or? 

i've removed and reinstalled the container with same result :/

Without more info on your setup it sounds like a webui problem.  I assume, which always gets me in trouble, that you are routing qb "through" another container - specifically a VPN container?  Can you send more specifics on your setup?  Could you be missing the necessary "port" variable addition needed to route the qb webui through the VPN container?  I am unable to reproduce the error your getting.

I routed my containers following this video:

Spaceinvader "How to route any docker container..."

Edited by NVrEnough

Hi everyone, new in this forum

I have qb installed as a docker in Coreelec. Everything is fine, but I´m not able to execute a script on torrent completion

This is what I have in the settings

image.png.bcdcda1083b350353465ee3e01a7b549.png

Mapped paths: (it´s a external drive)

image.png.40a35a014213491c4ad3830259e84cba.png

And the script:

image.png.c75fbfee7317073df7ead3ccb5360b92.png

The script works perfect if executed via ssh. Permissions are these:

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           256 Sep 25 00:56 /storage/scripts/torrent.sh

Any help would be great

thanks and stay safe!

5 hours ago, DonCachopo said:

Hi everyone, new in this forum

I have qb installed as a docker in Coreelec. Everything is fine, but I´m not able to execute a script on torrent completion

This is what I have in the settings

image.png.bcdcda1083b350353465ee3e01a7b549.png

Mapped paths: (it´s a external drive)

image.png.40a35a014213491c4ad3830259e84cba.png

And the script:

image.png.c75fbfee7317073df7ead3ccb5360b92.png

The script works perfect if executed via ssh. Permissions are these:

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           256 Sep 25 00:56 /storage/scripts/torrent.sh

Any help would be great

thanks and stay safe!

The script needs to be chowned to the user that you're running the container as.

Also, this forum is support for unraid users only. Please use our own LinuxServer.io Forum/Discord for support - thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 4:11 PM, MajorTomG said:

I just installed this docker, ran it, and was greeted with "Unauthorized" in my web browser. I am not prompted to login. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

I just ran into same problem.

Instead of downgrading I just added this to my /appdata/qbtorrent/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf file

WebUI\HostHeaderValidation=false

Then it worked after saving that and restarting the container :)

Hope this helps!

SOURCE:

https://github.com/guillaumedsde/alpine-qbittorrent-openvpn/issues/32

&

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/8095#issuecomment-472740702

On 11/28/2020 at 2:32 PM, CorneliousJD said:

Instead of downgrading I just added this to my /appdata/qbtorrent/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf file

WebUI\HostHeaderValidation=false

Thanks, I've just installed the docker for the first time and after changing the web-ui port it would come up with the unauthorized error, this let me log in.

8 hours ago, nicr4wks said:

Thanks, I've just installed the docker for the first time and after changing the web-ui port it would come up with the unauthorized error, this let me log in.

No problem! Sadly I don't think I'll be much more help. QBT uses 3-4GB of RAM just sitting idle with one torrent.

Plus I've read that it has issues with over 1,000 torrents.

I plan on using Transmission moving forward for hardlinking files for sonarr/radarr so my downloads don't duplicate disk space.

I'll easily soar far past 1k torrents in no-time, so potential problems there, paired with high RAM usage I just can't justify using QBT. It sure is a pretty interface though!

8 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

I plan on using Transmission moving forward for hardlinking files for sonarr/radarr so my downloads don't duplicate disk space.

I'll easily soar far past 1k torrents in no-time, so potential problems there, paired with high RAM usage I just can't justify using QBT. It sure is a pretty interface though!

Bugger! QB was looking good for a minute there, i will load in over 1k just by moving away from Transmission, which has been my client of choice for the last 10 years and it's been perfect, especially the remote client but it's becoming more and more of a nightmare to deal with.

As torrents are becoming larger I've been getting pita issues (50gb blurays or 500gb mame sets) Transmission will completely lock up when disk operations take place on these large torrents. Even downloading at speeds over 150mbit causes random hangs. Transmission does everything under the 1 worker thread so if it's waiting for a file to verify, move on a disk or receiving too quick the gui will stop responding and other torrents will stall until that task has completed. It's been an issue for over 12 years https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/1753

I guess I'll start investigating rtorrent instead.

21 hours ago, nicr4wks said:

Bugger! QB was looking good for a minute there, i will load in over 1k just by moving away from Transmission, which has been my client of choice for the last 10 years and it's been perfect, especially the remote client but it's becoming more and more of a nightmare to deal with.

As torrents are becoming larger I've been getting pita issues (50gb blurays or 500gb mame sets) Transmission will completely lock up when disk operations take place on these large torrents. Even downloading at speeds over 150mbit causes random hangs. Transmission does everything under the 1 worker thread so if it's waiting for a file to verify, move on a disk or receiving too quick the gui will stop responding and other torrents will stall until that task has completed. It's been an issue for over 12 years https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/1753

I guess I'll start investigating rtorrent instead.

YEP. I am already seeing the worker thread issue myself, but because I'm letting it be automated for sonarr/radarr hardlinking, I plan to just use Transmission only for hardlinks and leave Deluge running for any other manual torrent needs I may have. or QBT if it didn't use up some much darn RAM.

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone figure out the umask setting or how to get Qbit to write files with different permissions so that someone other than nobody/users can access the files?  Currently all files are written with 755.  I would also be even more happy if I could change the user from nobody to a set user that I already have set.  

The one post I read claims that the following works: set -e UMASK_SET=000

It however breaks the image and makes you have to redeploy the container using the "Add Container" at the bottom and choosing the template and then removing the extra line (that you just added). -- FYI for those who had the issue.

Not sure if someone here is a bit more advanced with this container and/or permissions but it would be very much appreciated if you could provide some insight to this issue. 

Thanks!

Hi,

Hoping someone can help with my problem. I have an Unraid setup with QBittorrent in a docker with 5Tb space left. I am d/ling a torrent that is 1.5Tb and had paused at 95%. There are many seeders and it was downloading very quickly. I then installed Transmission and tried again and it showed that there isn't enough disk space on the system.

There are a total of 6Tb of data and the system had 5Tb free but it appears there isn't enough space left on disk to download. I have a SMB share that is being used as the destintion for the download.

Any help would be great.

Edited by articulateape
On 1/4/2021 at 5:39 PM, pish180 said:

Did anyone figure out the umask setting or how to get Qbit to write files with different permissions so that someone other than nobody/users can access the files?  Currently all files are written with 755.  I would also be even more happy if I could change the user from nobody to a set user that I already have set.  

The one post I read claims that the following works: set -e UMASK_SET=000

It however breaks the image and makes you have to redeploy the container using the "Add Container" at the bottom and choosing the template and then removing the extra line (that you just added). -- FYI for those who had the issue.

Not sure if someone here is a bit more advanced with this container and/or permissions but it would be very much appreciated if you could provide some insight to this issue. 

Thanks!

I got it working. Need to add Variable UMASK_SET. I used a value of 011. Screenshot attached.

qbtumask.PNG

On 1/7/2021 at 8:20 PM, odje said:

I got it working. Need to add Variable UMASK_SET. I used a value of 011. Screenshot attached.

qbtumask.PNG

Oh.  My.  God.    thank you.  I've been running a script manually for years to chmod the folders to 777 and the files to 666 to fix this issue.  I added this variable and works great.  Thanks!!!!

On 11/22/2020 at 8:52 AM, Ctol69 said:

In the most recent update i've found that Torrents have stopped being auto added to be downloaded.
Nothing has been changed besides updating the docker. Any ideas?

Looks like that's been fixed in the latest update. It was driving me up a wall thinking I messed up the configuration or something...

When I try to run a 2nd instance of linuxserver's qbittorrent docker, with different config path, different docker tag, different webui port, the webui just report 

Unauthorized

The log doesn't show anything. The 1st instance runs fine. So what have I done wrong?

Yes I have tried to putin webui whitelist enabled, it doesn't work

Seems like the latest(v4.3.3) update is broken, it doesn't load the old torrents.

Does anyone have the Repository tag for v4.3.2, there are so many to choose from. 

EDIT: I just tried this linuxserver/qbittorrent:14.3.2.99202101080148-7233-0cbd15890ubuntu18.04.1-ls110

And it worked, but if it's not the correct one i'm happy to be corrected. :)

Edited by Hogwind
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Hogwind said:

Seems like the latest(v4.3.3) update is broken, it doesn't load the old torrents.

Does anyone have the Repository tag for v4.3.2, there are so many to choose from. 

EDIT: I just tried this linuxserver/qbittorrent:14.3.2.99202101080148-7233-0cbd15890ubuntu18.04.1-ls110

And it worked, but if it's not the correct one i'm happy to be corrected. :)

Same here - torrents disappeared.
Haven't tried to re-add them (one by one over 100 seeds)...

Can someone give a step by step process to go back to previous version? Will that return the torrents listed?

1 hour ago, NLS said:

Same here - torrents disappeared.
Haven't tried to re-add them (one by one over 100 seeds)...

Can someone give a step by step process to go back to previous version? Will that return the torrents listed?

What I did was edit the docker template and added Repository: linuxserver/qbittorrent:14.3.2.99202101080148-7233-0cbd15890ubuntu18.04.1-ls110

It worked for me but I don't know if it's the correct one to use in unraid. 

34 minutes ago, Hogwind said:

What I did was edit the docker template and added Repository: linuxserver/qbittorrent:14.3.2.99202101080148-7233-0cbd15890ubuntu18.04.1-ls110

It worked for me but I don't know if it's the correct one to use in unraid. 

Well I'll wait at least for today to see some kind of "official" reaction first.

Reverting to previous version also returned your torrents?