[Support] Linuxserver.io - Qbittorrent

2 hours ago, kitllama said:

The why & what to do 

Hmmm, maybe I'll try that again. It didn't work yesterday when I tried it. Although I have binhex-deluge up and working, so there's not much motivation. Especially after reading through this thread and seeing the same issue being asked about for FOUR years.

Thanks.

I'm having the same issue with the password having not been set previously, and now even though i can see in the log what the password is, it will not accept it.

So I'd like to roll back, but i can't find how to do it in a lcear way... i have looked in "Previous Apps" and that deosn't help, and other post I have seen about rolling back dockers refer to opening the Dockers hub and changing tags, but I can't find this.

Can someone explain simply how to rollback qbittorrent to the previous version where I can set a password?

How do I go about port forwarding qbittorrent on UNRAID with my router?  I know how to port forward to my computer but I don't think I am doing it right for qbittorrent on UNRAID.  My download and upload speeds for some torrents are really slow and I believe this to be the issue.  Or is there any way for me to check on UNRAID that my ports are being blocked?  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 10:55 PM, pranasziaukas said:

How do I change the Docker port 6881? It's not adjustable in the template for some reason, and no matter what I do I get

```

docker run
  -d
  --name='qbittorrent'
  -p '8080:8080/tcp'
  -p '54321:6881/tcp'
  -p '54321:6881/udp'

```

which drives me crazy.

I can port forward whatever in my router but, to the best of my understanding, the qBittorrent client reports its port 6881 to a torrent tracker which blacklists 6881.

create a docker network in shell first and switch from Host to your created network

open shell:

docker network create yourawesomenetwork

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure if anyone else has come across this issue, but I've been having some pretty severe memory leak issues with the linuxserver qbittorrent docker container recently.  I transferred ~10,000 torrents (50TB total) and fast resume data from another server and split it across two separate lscr qbit instances (roughly 5k torrents each).  The files themselves are stored on an 8-wide raidz2 pool dedicated for torrents.  Both instances are just seeding (no downloading).  And no matter what I try, the qbit container eats up more and more RAM until it almost locks up the server. 

I have 128GB RAM (64GB for ZFS + 64GB for everything else) and qbit will easily eat up 40GB of RAM before I have to kill it.  This happens with every version of qbit I've tried: 4.3.9, 4.4.5, 4.6.0, 4.6.2.  I've tried both libtorrent v1 and v2 with all of these builds as well.  Nothing works.  I can limit RAM to 8G or 16G via docker compose, but that makes the container endlessly reset itself when it runs out of RAM.  This causes the appearance of phantom torrents with the tracker and wildly fluctuating ul/dl speeds.

Strangely enough, I have another active lscr qbit container (latest repo -- 4.6.2) with around 6,500 active seeding torrents in it and that container only uses around 3GB of RAM.  This is all on the same unraid server.  

I tried the binhex container and same issue.  As a last resort, I spun up a new hotio qbit container running 4.6.2 (libtorrent v1) and put the original 5k torrents into it.  It's been pretty stable so far, only using 4GB RAM at present.  

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I've never run across such memory leaks across so many different versions of qbit.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

10 hours ago, dyno said:

I'm not sure if anyone else has come across this issue, but I've been having some pretty severe memory leak issues with the linuxserver qbittorrent docker container recently.  I transferred ~10,000 torrents (50TB total) and fast resume data from another server and split it across two separate lscr qbit instances (roughly 5k torrents each).  The files themselves are stored on an 8-wide raidz2 pool dedicated for torrents.  Both instances are just seeding (no downloading).  And no matter what I try, the qbit container eats up more and more RAM until it almost locks up the server. 

I have 128GB RAM (64GB for ZFS + 64GB for everything else) and qbit will easily eat up 40GB of RAM before I have to kill it.  This happens with every version of qbit I've tried: 4.3.9, 4.4.5, 4.6.0, 4.6.2.  I've tried both libtorrent v1 and v2 with all of these builds as well.  Nothing works.  I can limit RAM to 8G or 16G via docker compose, but that makes the container endlessly reset itself when it runs out of RAM.  This causes the appearance of phantom torrents with the tracker and wildly fluctuating ul/dl speeds.

Strangely enough, I have another active lscr qbit container (latest repo -- 4.6.2) with around 6,500 active seeding torrents in it and that container only uses around 3GB of RAM.  This is all on the same unraid server.  

I tried the binhex container and same issue.  As a last resort, I spun up a new hotio qbit container running 4.6.2 (libtorrent v1) and put the original 5k torrents into it.  It's been pretty stable so far, only using 4GB RAM at present.  

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I've never run across such memory leaks across so many different versions of qbit.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

@dyno I am having the same problem with much less torrents (136). I set a container limit on the RAM and it slowly crawls up to 100% and resets. This happens constantly

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I've encountered the following issue:

In chrome, the file lists on the right side are not visible any more. The issue is recent (march 2024). I'm not sure when exactly it appeared, but it must have happened with a recent Chrome update (122.0.6261.129 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit) (cohort: Stable) ) (Windows 10). I've tested other browsers (Edge, Opera, Firefox) and the list works fine there.

In detail:

the right side file lists are just blank, the columns are there, but no items. (while they are there in other browsers). No visible script errors, no ad-blockers active. It worked fine for years before, and I didn't change or update anything, well, except Chrome itself. 

It works just fine on Chrome 109 and any other browser I've tried,  that's why I'm thinking it must be related to a change in Chrome.

Has anyone else encountered the issue?

Default settings for UID, GUID and umask in the docker template are: 99, 100. 022

These produce folder with drwxr-xr-x  and files with -rw-r--r-- permissions.

How to setup these variables correctly to much Unraid default permissions so drwxrwxrwx for directories and for files -rw-rw-rw-

Can maintainer fix the template to match the default Unraid permissions?

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody else having the good old desktop qbittorrent issue where the "Completed on" tab sorts recently downloaded files on top but hides currently downloading files at the bottom of the list?... I've been trying to find information on this topic online with no luck.