[Support] Linuxserver.io - Qbittorrent


334 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

 

On 4/2/2021 at 1:00 PM, Ademar said:

It took some tinkering, but I've figured out how to do it with python.

 

import sys
import time
import json
import urllib

name = sys.argv[1]

user_key = "user key goes here"
app_token = "application token goes here"

import http.client #Python 3

def pushover():
    conn = http.client.HTTPSConnection("api.pushover.net:443")
    conn.request("POST", "/1/messages.json",
    urllib.parse.urlencode({
    "token": app_token,
    "user": user_key,
    "message": name + " has finished downloading",
    #"message": " has finished downloading",
    }), { "Content-type": "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" })
    conn.getresponse()

pushover()

 

 

I had to tweak this just a bit for my purposes. For some reason the script would fail to execute if I passed through the tags and size (even if I had the %G and %Z specified in the "run external program" section of qbittorrent). I just deleted those variables in the script and stopped passing them through the "run external program" section. I also renamed the "token" and "user" variables in the script to make it easier for me to follow. At this point I'm successfully receiving notifications on torrent completion, TYVM @Ademar!

Edited by master.h
Link to post
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you changing it in the Qbt WEBUI settings or the container?   Edit: I found I had the same issue as you, but was able to figure it out. With the base settings, any time you change the po

Again as per the readme, it states `need to change both sides` aka the container port and host port to match and you haven't done this.

I also had this problem and just fixed it.   Looks like the new update pushed qBittorrent 4.2.0, which uses a different password hashing process. You can reset to the default account (a

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, master.h said:

 

 


import sys
import time
import json
import urllib

name = sys.argv[1]

user_key = "user key goes here"
app_token = "application token goes here"

import http.client #Python 3

def pushover():
    conn = http.client.HTTPSConnection("api.pushover.net:443")
    conn.request("POST", "/1/messages.json",
    urllib.parse.urlencode({
    "token": app_token,
    "user": user_key,
    "message": name + " has finished downloading",
    #"message": " has finished downloading",
    }), { "Content-type": "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" })
    conn.getresponse()

pushover()

 

 

I had to tweak this just a bit for my purposes. For some reason the script would fail to execute if I passed through the tags and size (even if I had the %G and %Z specified in the "run external program" section of qbittorrent). I just deleted those variables in the script and stopped passing them through the "run external program" section. I also renamed the "token" and "user" variables in the script to make it easier for me to follow. At this point I'm successfully receiving notifications on torrent completion, TYVM @Ademar!

In the script I'm actually running, I have commented out the line starting with "size", that line is probably causing problems. Glad to hear it's working.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't download torrents from their URLs. Nothing happens when I try to do that.

I looked at the logs file and all I see is the following log -

"Downloading '{someTorrentUrl}', please wait..."

 

Any idea?

Link to post
22 hours ago, yogy said:

WEBUI broken again with last update 😪

Really? Is that the 3rd time this year there is some kind of WEBUI related issue? I'm just going to stop updating this.

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/3/2017 at 9:49 PM, Quiks said:

Are you changing it in the Qbt WEBUI settings or the container?

 

Edit: I found I had the same issue as you, but was able to figure it out. With the base settings, any time you change the port in the QBT interface, it will reset to 8080 when rebooting the docker.

 

To fix this, you need 2 changes from the default config.

 

Remove the original 8080:8080 port map

 

create a new one 6666:6666 (whatever your new port is)

add a new variable

Key: WEBUI_PORT

Value: 6666 (again, whatever your new port is)

 

apply this and your UI should now work on the new port.

 

However, clicking WEBUI on your docker in the UnRaid UI will yield a webpage opening with :8080 which won't load. I'm still trying to figure out how to change the default webpage since it seems hardcoded to 8080.

 

Hopefully this helps you or anyone else trying to change their port!

 

edit: I figured out that I had the view on basic. Switched it to advanced, and I can change the default launch URL as well.

 

That should fix all the issues for everyone.

 

Woot!

Bless, for anyone dealing with the "Unauthorized" issue this is the fix. Took way longer than it had any right to.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.