[Support] Linuxserver.io - Qbittorrent

• 1 month later...

I am confused about the configuration of the download folder.  By default it is set to /downloads.  But where exactly is that folder on my unRAID server?  Is it contained in one of my shares?  If I wanted to change to a share that is mounted at /mnt/user/media/videos then can I just enter this into the config settings in the web UI?  And does the address that I entered above make sense?

3 hours ago, wayner said:

I am confused about the configuration of the download folder.  By default it is set to /downloads.  But where exactly is that folder on my unRAID server? 

Wherever the host part of the path is set to. The container side lists what the docker sees, the host side shows where it is in unraid.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have everything up and running and downloading to my /downloads/ folder.

My question is about moving the files and folders from the download directory to their final location, such as in /TV/ and /Movies/, and then re-seeding the content in QBittorent.

A similar scenario is where I would want to download something to somewhere other than the /downloads/ folder.

I have tried re-adding the torrent and manually inputting the location, which should kick off a verification check and re-seed the content.

It seems to just download the data again to the /downloads/ folder, despite me manually editing the path when adding the torrent.

Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Nebur692 said:

Since the last update I can not access, it gives me the wrong username or password.

I have tried to access as always from several browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, IE...) with the same result.

It also does not allow me to access from the client that I have installed on Android.

image.png.769e49da63b87973ac5a2ea7e7633c84.png

I also had this problem and just fixed it.

Looks like the new update pushed qBittorrent 4.2.0, which uses a different password hashing process.

You can reset to the default account (admin:adminadmin) by editing the config file at ~/appdata/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf

Delete the lines near the end starting with WebUI\Username and WebUI\Password_ha1

After you log in with the default and set a new username and password, the WebUI\Password_ha1 line becomes WebUI\Password_PBKDF2

Edited by frollay
formatting, typo, additional info
  • Thanks 2

I also recently have had issues with this container:

image.png.2d00f4ed36b87d31451f5c8c9c88130f.png

I haven't changed anything about the server (I might've updated the container, don't remember when it started). Changing ports with "WebUI" "WEBUI_PORT" etc etc doesn't fix it. All other containers are running smoothly still.

`netstat -plnt | grep :8090` reveals that the address should definitely be available. Anyone have any ideas?

25 minutes ago, cycleStart said:

could someone tell me what i should input in the docker Repository field instead of "linuxserver/qbittorrent" in order to revert back to the 4.1.9.1 release.

thanks!

Why would you wish to go back to 4.1.9.1? Is it due to the password and username reverting back to default? If this is the case, then the reversion will not help.

Correct the problem by following frollay's advice.

On 12/7/2019 at 2:02 PM, frollay said:

Looks like the new update pushed qBittorrent 4.2.0, which uses a different password hashing process.

You can reset to the default account (admin:adminadmin) by editing the config file at ~/appdata/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf

Delete the lines near the end starting with WebUI\Username and WebUI\Password_ha1

If you are unsure how to edit the files, one method would be to use a config editor, you can get one in the apps section, called CA Config Editor, and follow the advise above. If you cannot navigate to the location, it is /mnt/user/appdata/... 
the rest of the address depends which docker version you have installed, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Leverz said:

Why would you wish to go back to 4.1.9.1?

A private tracker I use has not yet white listed the 4.2.X release.

This may take up to a month.

I forgot to check this prior to updating my docker.

Thank you for your input though. :)

Edit: Digged the info i needed.

Docker / Edit

Repository: linuxserver/qbittorrent:4.1.9.99201911190849-6738-0b055d8ubuntu18.04.1-ls54

APPLY

Edited by cycleStart
Issue Solved
  • Thanks 2

Ever since the 4.2.x upgrade, any time I restart qbittorrent, about half of my downloads go into an errored state and say "missing files".  If I highlight them and select force restart, they will start downloading again, but from 0% (most were not at 0% before).  If they finish before I restart qbittorrent, then all is fine, but if they don't finish, they will be errored again and it's just a vicious circle.  Does anyone know why this is happening.  Will removing the docker and the app data for it, then re-installing, fix the problem?  

56 minutes ago, nerbonne said:

Ever since the 4.2.x upgrade, any time I restart qbittorrent, about half of my downloads go into an errored state and say "missing files".  If I highlight them and select force restart, they will start downloading again, but from 0% (most were not at 0% before).  If they finish before I restart qbittorrent, then all is fine, but if they don't finish, they will be errored again and it's just a vicious circle.  Does anyone know why this is happening.  Will removing the docker and the app data for it, then re-installing, fix the problem?  

If you select the torrents and force recheck them it should resume as normal.

unRAID 6.8
qbittorrent by ls.io downloaded via CA

Decided to try this out as Deluge has been acting weird sometimes.  Leaving everything default in the config and just adding my download path, this is what pops up in the log very time I try to access the webGUI and the page is blank.

bool Http::RequestParser::parsePostMessage(const QByteArray&) unknown content type: "application/x-binary"
Http::RequestParser::ParseResult Http::RequestParser::doParse(const QByteArray&) message body parsing error

Edited by dlchamp
Added some info
On 12/11/2019 at 2:57 AM, nerbonne said:

Typically, yes.  But in this case, nothing happens when I force recheck.

I'm having the same issue.  If qbittorrent docker is restarted, all my downloads show "missing files".  Force recheck does nothing.  I can go into the folder I use for incomplete torrents and the files are definitely in there.  But if I force resume, it starts from 0%.

On 12/24/2019 at 2:31 PM, dmtml said:

I'm having the same issue.  If qbittorrent docker is restarted, all my downloads show "missing files".  Force recheck does nothing.  I can go into the folder I use for incomplete torrents and the files are definitely in there.  But if I force resume, it starts from 0%.

I'm not sure what I did to fix it but I was able to get it working again.  I removed the app and the appdata, re-installed, still had problem, removed, tried new distro, still had problem, tried other torrent appz but they didnt fit my needs, and in desperation, re-installed original app again and it worked magically...  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 3:14 PM, guruleenyc said:

I noticed as today that my pre-existing speed limits for uploads are no longer enforced. Is this a known issue from a recent update?

I am seeing this as well.

I'm new to qBT on unraid, but moved from a Windows machine.

I can schedule whatever I want in the Alternative Rate Limits window, but it seems the schedule doesn't actually trigger.

If I click the speedometer at the bottom of the page, the new speed limits do correctly apply.

Any thought as to why or how to fix this?

Screenshot_1.png

On 12/12/2018 at 9:29 AM, ZataH said:

Yes it is in the docker

I use this to extract to current folder:

/sbin/unrar x -r "%F/." "%F/"

image.png.b90e0a7627799db8ca7b349fc619b198.png

I've been having a mare with all torrent dockers getting unrar to work, but I found this post so I tried the above on this docker and it didn't work.  I then realised it was a post for the binhex version where it worked. 

Out of interest, does this docker have unrar included and it should have worked?

• Like 1