Dynamix button seems to shutdown server uncleanly?

Title - self explanatory. Basically I believe the Dynamix plugin that makes the power-off icons at the far right-top of the webpage isn't shutting down the server cleanly.

The reason for this claim is, I have a VM running, and when I unmount the array and reboot it takes about thirty seconds to do so, then another 30 seconds to reboot. However, when I use the buttons, it reboots in thirty seconds (I know this because I can hear the fans go to full load for a sec as it enters the BIOS, then go quiet again as UnRAID boots)

If this is correct behavior, can I suggest adding a 'Stop Array' action BEFORE the shutdown commences? Because I think this is unacceptable. The shutdown button should first cleanly stop the array, THEN it should reboot.

If this isn't correct behavior, what's happening?

Thanks,

ideaman924

EDIT: Another evidence. When the reboot completed, I saw the unclean shutdown error in Fix Common Problems plugin. Thoughts?

I'm running a parity check just in case it didn't shutdown safely.

Edited by Guest

I have used the plug in since they where available and never experienced an unclean shutdown. 

Dynamic buttons just calls the same shutdown as if you use the main tab shutdown. 

You could try running fix common problems in troubleshooting mode to get the log from the shutdown. 

Which version of unraid are you running? 

• 1 month later...

OK, sorry for pulling this post back up.

I still think the fast shutdown is a little weird, but that could just be variables. I'll try and see if I can reproduce the issue on the latest beta.

BTW, all plugins are always updated to the latest versions @bonienl so I don't think we need to worry about that. ;) Cheers

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/6/2017 at 5:13 AM, saarg said:

I have used the plug in since they where available and never experienced an unclean shutdown. 

Dynamic buttons just calls the same shutdown as if you use the main tab shutdown. 

You could try running fix common problems in troubleshooting mode to get the log from the shutdown. 

Which version of unraid are you running? 

DEAR GOD!!!!! IS THERE A "MAIN TAB" SHUTDOWN???

Please, Sir.  Do you have a screen shot?, I have been googling for hours over the past few days to figure out why dynamix isn't working.    I have NO idea why a power button wouldn't be out in the open like the dynamix one is... Please help us all out with a visual.

Thank you, Sir.

4 hours ago, sekrit said:

DEAR GOD!!!!! IS THERE A "MAIN TAB" SHUTDOWN???

Please, Sir.  Do you have a screen shot?, I have been googling for hours over the past few days to figure out why dynamix isn't working.    I have NO idea why a power button wouldn't be out in the open like the dynamix one is... Please help us all out with a visual.

Thank you, Sir.

At the bottom of the main page is a power down button. If you have tabed view, you have to go to array operations to find it. 

• Like 1
On 7/5/2018 at 8:35 PM, saarg said:

At the bottom of the main page is a power down button. If you have tabed view, you have to go to array operations to find it. 

Got it.  Thank you SO MUCH.

While I have you.  Might I ask how to ssh into UNRAID from windows?  I downloaded Cmder (because so many people told me that it is better and simpler than Putty (especially since I haven't used either).  Any chance that you could show me an example of what the command line should look like when I type it in?