XFS drive Initalized on Windows Issue

Hello Everyone, I made a dumb mistake last week when I was putting in my new 8TB Reds.  I took one of my 3TB xfs formatted drives and plugged it into Windows 10 and initialized it in Disk Management.  The drive did not format it was just initialized.  Windows still does not see the drive except for in disk management.  When I plug the drive back into Unraid it recognizes but I cant mount it while using the Unassigned Devices plug in.  If any of you guys have an idea on how I can get data off this drive I would be grateful.  Thanks!

21 hours ago, gubbgnutten said:

TestDisk has saved one of my disks in a somewhat similar situation.

Just don't panic, and don't write anything to the disk unless you are absolutely sure about the consequences. There are still multiple approaches to data recovery available.

I'm giving this a shot right now.  Thanks for the tip.  Lets hope it works.

On 8/9/2017 at 4:35 AM, trurl said:

I don't completely understand some things about what you did.

Was the 3TB part of the array?

Did you replace/rebuild it onto one of the new 8TB? If so, why do you need to recover the data?

If you didn't replace/rebuild it onto a new 8TB, why not?

A little background.  I have an unraid server with 12 drives.  4 SSD cache and 8 spinning disks.  Out of those 8 I had 6 5TB drives and 2 3TB drives.  When Best Buy had their sale on 8th EasyStores I bought 2.  I shucked them, powered down the array and installed them.  I created a new array config because I decided I only wanted 1 parity instead of 2 which I had previously.  I installed the 2 8TB drives in where the 2 3TB drives were.  I now had 2 3TB drives that were useless but still had data on them.  I took one of them and plugged it into my external dock in Windows 10.  Then this is where I did the dumb shit I stated above.  I couldn't simply let the array rebuild because I went with a totally new config.

I know I should have used Unbalance to move the data from the 3TB drives to the other drives but I was excited and missed a crucial step.

Edited by CattDamon