[Request] ubiquiti unms (similar to unifi)

rorton

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This would be perfect, however unfortunately UNMS is not one docker, its multiple. 

I have however managed to get it working using docker-compose via ssh. Its not ideal but my none detailed version is below

1. Build VM

2. Install UNMS using the scripts inside the VM

3. Copy all files created (dockerfile etc in /home/unms) to a folder on your unRaid machine (i used /mnt/user/appdata/unms)

4. Created a user and group within unraid - i used (groupadd -g 1002 unms) for the group and (useradd -u 1002 -g 1002 -d /mnt/user/appdata/unms/ unms) for the user

5. changed ownership on all files in /mnt/user/appdata/unms (just for consistancy)

I then i had to modify the docker file, see attached my example docker file the items i changed were related to network (i was already using ports so i decided to give the public dockers there own public ip address

my amendments are for the sections (modifications should be pretty clear based on reading through your file)

networks:
  br0:
    external: true
  internal:
    internal: true

for this then, everywhere you see "public" change to "br0" under networks, example below, you also need to modify the "volumes" section and replace /home with whatever path you set up. and also the UID (1002 in my case) needs to be updated wherever you see that.

fluentd:
    container_name: unms-fluentd
    build:
      context: ./fluentd
      dockerfile: Dockerfile
      args:
        - http_proxy=
        - HTTP_PROXY=
        - https_proxy=
        - HTTPS_PROXY=
        - no_proxy=
        - NO_PROXY=
    # if we specify an image name, docker-compose will try to pull it from repository
    # see https://github.com/docker/compose/issues/3673
    # image: ubnt/unms-fluentd:local
    restart: always
    networks:
      - br0
    ports:
      - "127.0.0.1:24224:24224"
    volumes:
      - /mnt/user/appdata/unms/app/conf/fluentd.conf:/etc/fluent/fluent.conf
      - /mnt/user/appdata/unms/data/logs:/fluentd/log
    environment:
      - FLUENTD_UID=1002

the only additional bit would be if you want a static ip (which you probably do) for the unms interface which case you want the below, you can see the networks section is slightly different, in this case i want my ip to be static at 192.168.1.253. the reason for this is that you want your ubi devices to be able to connect to it, in my case i wanted a static ip specifically for the docker because ports 443 and 80 were already in use, and i didnt want to mess around trying to get UNMS working with different ports.

nginx:
    image: ubnt/unms-nginx:0.11.3
    container_name: unms-nginx
    restart: always
    networks:
      br0:
       ipv4_address: 192.168.1.253
    volumes:
      - /mnt/user/appdata/unms/data/cert:/cert

- /mnt/user/appdata/unms/data/firmwares:/www/firmwares
    depends_on:
      - unms
      - fluentd
    logging:
      driver: fluentd
      options:
        tag: "nginx"
        fluentd-async-connect: "true"
    environment:
      - NGINX_UID=1002
      - SSL_CERT=
      - SSL_CERT_KEY=
      - SSL_CERT_CA=
      - HTTP_PORT=80
      - HTTPS_PORT=443
      - WS_PORT=
      - UNMS_HTTP_PORT=8081
      - UNMS_WS_PORT=8082
      - PUBLIC_HTTPS_PORT=443
      - SECURE_LINK_SECRET=YvQfyu8lwfZjuXMCUiE1tXhf1ggBM7leT7GPs5FXRUvgdWvfwxFlpdwS69mn5AUNJpf9Cl1f9wtzqtDTFoglBdEjRz9cI5ijGBKy

feel free to ask any questions and ill try to clarify, this obviously doesnt look great in the interface ( see screenshot)

image.thumb.png.65a85a7a7dbd9e79f2dfb03e1a8834e5.png

dont even ask why its showing minecraft blocks as the image haha. You will have to get the docker-compose ( i added the below lines to my /boot/config/go file

curl -L https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/1.14.0-rc2/docker-compose-`uname -s`-`uname -m` > /usr/local/bin/docker-compose
chmod +x /usr/local/bin/docker-compose

then once you have a modified docker-compose file you can run docker-compose up -d and it should create everything needed

(i havent tried it but then you can start and stop the vms via the GUI, however they do rely on one another, so you need to remember which order to start them in, however they shoudl recover if you start them in the wrong order anyway)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 6:44 AM, rorton said:

Nice work on getting it running - i must say i don't think i will goto that effort to get it running though, 

Is it possible to create the one docker at some point in time do you think (like Unifi) or will it just not work in a traditional docker?

unfortunately as this is multiple dockers and Ubiquiti dont actually provide a UNMS piece of software, i believe it would be difficult to try to get it into a single traditional docker at least not easily. 

Would be nice if someone could do it, but ive not managed to find enough documentation or information on how to create dockers for unraid to even try myself.

yeah its an odd one - what got me interested was that Ubiquiti say they supply this as a docker image, so with a little fettling, it should work similar to Unifi?

I wasn't sure if you really needed to create a VM, then install the docker in the VM.

there does seem to be partial dockers in community for this, but i had no idea how to get them running. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, rorton said:

Great docker, just installed and works great so far, thanks for sharing

I can't take credit for the container itself just the template to get it into unRaid easily for folks. The only issue I had with it so far is the firmware upgrades had to be done manually. I saw someone raised an issue on the docker container github but I haven't tried it again to see if it was resolved. 

• 10 months later...