HP Proliant / Workstation & unRaid Information Thread

1 hour ago, mo679 said:

Hello, i tried using virtual adapter, without passtrough and the pfsense Vm booted up but then hangs since it finds no nic cards, just to see if the installer was valid.

I’m booting in uefi mode.

i found a rom firmware p92-2.72. From 2019, my bios is from 2015, might it be the rmrr issue was addressed?

thanks in advance

we'll try some troubleshooting/digging around

try switching to legacy mode and boot with the 4 nics. make sure to disable UEFI in bios as well as an option. see if it works.

change acs override to both in the vm manager and reboot. this shouldn't matter, but then try to start the vm with just 1 of the nics. 

the newer bios won't fix the rmrr issue. HP doesn't care about older hardware. the newer bios were essentially for spectre, etc...

you may just have to get a quad intel nic and not use the onboard if it doesn't want to play nice.

thanks for the infos, i just upgraded to 2.72 2019 rom bios. No changes as you said.

do you think it is an hardware related issue to the nic? I never passedthrough hardware but I would like to get a radeon rx560 to run a Mac Vm, and this problem has stopped me. I'll try to use le legacy mode, will that affect my Unraid setup? 

1 hour ago, mo679 said:

thanks for the infos, i just upgraded to 2.72 2019 rom bios. No changes as you said.

do you think it is an hardware related issue to the nic? I never passedthrough hardware but I would like to get a radeon rx560 to run a Mac Vm, and this problem has stopped me. I'll try to use le legacy mode, will that affect my Unraid setup? 

I had an 8th gen ML350p with 2 rx580's, 2 10gbe cards, 2 hba's, and 1 gt 710 for Plex. (and maybe something else, I don't remember) The 2 rx580's went to a Macos vm plus a 10gbe solar flare card. Passthrough was fine once the RMRR issue was solved. Switching to legacy doesn't really affect anything in your setup/use. As I mentioned before I remember the onboard quad being a bit finicky. I think I disabled mine altogether since the server was on 10gbe. That doesn't help you much unless you get an aftermarket card. 

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I am having a hell of a time getting my NVidia t400 to passthrough.

I have an ML30 Gen10, T400 GPU installed in the x16 PCI Slot.

I have IOMMU group override, everything is in its own group

The GPU video and Audio set to VFIO

I can assign the GPU to any VM, no errors, but it never shows up, it's not getting passed, tried WIndows VM and Linux.

unraid-diagnostics-20220211-1929.zip

• 1 year later...

Can anyone with an H220 and/or a SAS expander card tell me how they show up in lspci?  I replaced my mainboard on my DL380 G7 and my system has come back to life but I'm not getting any drives to show up.  I can't remember if the expansion card appears as a PCI card or if I should only be seeing the H220?  (I'm not seeing either.)

Trying to narrow down if I have a bad PCI card or a bad SAS backplane.  Or if this replacement mainboard is defective.