Can the mover be set to ignore some folder or user share?

shEiD

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2017 at 5:03 PM, DZMM said:

I've just realised I have a solution for you.  I do something similar already just the other way around.

I have my appdata set to cache only, but I don't want my background plex transcodes (when syncing to cloud sync or to a device) to be on my cache drive as they can take up a lot of space e.g. a cloud sync run could create 1TB of files that would sit on my cache drive (too small) until uploaded.

What I've done to fix this is create a new share called Plex Sync which is set to array only and created a bind mount from the offending appdata folder to the Plex Sync share on the array.  This allows plex docker etc to access the files as though they are still stored in appdata on my cache drive, when in fact they are on my array in Plex Sync.

mount --bind /mnt/user/plex_sync/ "/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sync+"

I run this at the startup of the array via the user scripts plugin:

#!/bin/bash

mount --bind /mnt/user/plex_sync/ "/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sync+"

If you flip this, you can do the same for your scenario:

mount --bind /mnt/user/CACHE_ONLY_SHARE/ "/mnt/cache/appdata/DIRECTORY_ON_CACHE_I_DONT_WANT_MOVER_TO_MOVE

i.e create a new 'virtual' share that is set to cache only and then link files from cache shares that you don't want the mover to move

The way you use this actually works amazingly, thank you so much, i used it to move the Plex "Media" folder containing the thumbnails into the array and free up almost 30GB in my tiny cache drive.

On 3/13/2019 at 10:37 PM, asgarder said:

The way you use this actually works amazingly, thank you so much, i used it to move the Plex "Media" folder containing the thumbnails into the array and free up almost 30GB in my tiny cache drive.

I'm glad it worked, but you really need to have your Plex thumbnails on a SSD for speed!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...