Downgrade to previous Unraid release.

• 6 months later...

Old topic, and sorry if this is the wrong place to propose this. Wha

On 8/13/2017 at 6:02 AM, CHBMB said:

After a conversation here.  I propose a "button" on the webui somewhere that will mv the contents of /boot/previous to /boot and enable the user to downgrade to the previously used version of Unraid if they have difficulties.

Another possibly might be to have it /boot/previous, and make "previous" entries in syslinux menu. Have a sort of ring-buffer of current past, and on an upgrade the previous would get flushed out? 

I'm splitting hairs on implementation, and it's just a suggestion. But in general, I'm +1 for this being a useful troubleshooting feature for people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 3:17 PM, bonienl said:

unRAID 6.5 has support for downgrading to the previous version stored on your flash device. This is available on the OS Update page under Tools.

If you already clicked this by accident... how do you cancel the downgrade? There was no confirmation or undo button. I dont want to reboot just to upgrade again and risk issues.

• 2 years later...
31 minutes ago, asdiasx said:

Just happened to me... Any clues? 😢

There won't be any issues.  But, if you want to be super safe, then before you reboot grab a copy of the /config folder on the flash drive and save it somewhere (you can do this over the network).  Then settings - Disk Settings, and disable Array Auto Start

Reboot, and then upgrade again.