[SOLVED] - Looking for some real-time support - Willing to pay

After fighting with this for a couple of months, I have to admit to myself that I'm over my head and I'm not understanding.

Would anyone be willing to help me in real-time over TeamViewer with getting my unRAID system working properly?

It's a 26TB system that is used almost exclusively for media downloading and storage. I'm running the following containers, which is where the problems are:

• binhex-delugevpn
  • binhex-radarr
  • binhex-sabnzbd
  • binhex-sonarr
  • jackett

I am not a linux guy, so I'm having trouble understanding how some things work with other things (ie. why are some files moving and others aren't? why is deluge giving me permission errors? why does emby show me as having over 1600 movies, but radarr only shows 1100? etc.)

My goals are as follows:

• Have sonarr/radarr monitor shows and successfully send requests to sabnzbd and deluge
  • Automatic error checking, extraction, renaming, and moving to the correct media folders
  • Automatic removal of torrents after completion of downloads
  • Understand how to moving/renaming works so should I run into problems, I can understand and correct them in the future
  • Correcting my download folder locations (this is where my lack of understanding of linux comes in; I've got folders everywhere)

I don't have a lot to offer, but if anyone is willing, i can send you some cash through Paypal if you're able to help me with this stuff (and help me understand it).

Thanks.

Edited by Netbug
3 hours ago, Netbug said:

There is no cache drive at present.

At the very least, the system isn't going to like referencing /mnt/cache in your paths if you don't have a cache drive. Try changing all references to /mnt/cache to /mnt/user and see what happens. I didn't look very hard, but the first image I clicked on had /mnt/cache/appdata referenced, which won't exist without a cache drive. Also, make sure all containers that reference download locations have the same mapping, if you want to use /data inside all your dockers, that's fine, just make sure /data is mapped to /mnt/user/appdata/data if that's what you want. All config locations should be uniquely mapped on the host side, all download locations should be identically mapped on both host and container. Any subfolders for complete, incomplete, tv, movies, whatever should only be referenced INSIDE the app itself, never in the docker mapping.

13 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

I didn't look very hard, but the first image I clicked on had /mnt/cache/appdata referenced,

Just to give you a hand with this without directly being involved, dockerMan on appdata references automatically creates the folders necessary.  Which means that the appdata winds up getting created in RAM.

3 hours ago, jonathanm said:

At the very least, the system isn't going to like referencing /mnt/cache in your paths if you don't have a cache drive. Try changing all references to /mnt/cache to /mnt/user and see what happens. I didn't look very hard, but the first image I clicked on had /mnt/cache/appdata referenced, which won't exist without a cache drive. Also, make sure all containers that reference download locations have the same mapping, if you want to use /data inside all your dockers, that's fine, just make sure /data is mapped to /mnt/user/appdata/data if that's what you want. All config locations should be uniquely mapped on the host side, all download locations should be identically mapped on both host and container. Any subfolders for complete, incomplete, tv, movies, whatever should only be referenced INSIDE the app itself, never in the docker mapping.

This seems like it will be very helpful. There are a lot of terms here I'm not familiar with, but I'll try to decode it over the coming days and see if it helps. :)

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Just to give you a hand with this without directly being involved, dockerMan on appdata references automatically creates the folders necessary.  Which means that the appdata winds up getting created in RAM.

That sounds like a good way to really slow down the system. Which would be what I'm seeing at present (among other things).

34 minutes ago, Netbug said:

That sounds like a good way to really slow down the system. Which would be what I'm seeing at present (among other things).

Without a cache drive, anytime you've got major hard drive activity (ie: download finished and unpacking / repairing followed by moving into final place), you're going to wind up seeing slowdowns.  No real solution as unRaid's strong point is not ultra fast writes to the array.

• Upvote 1

Okay so it looks like on the basic level there is a small problem with your mapping of folders to the dockers, and then how you and the programs interact with the folder mappings.  I've posted mine below as an example.  By no means am I saying you need to match your folder mappings to mine, but just showing how it should work.  

So lets walk through the problem.  Sonarr finds a new show in your wanted list, so it sends the information over to SABnzb (I use NZBget, but the process in the same basically).  Think of the information Sonarr sends as basically like a website link.  SABnzb gets this link, sees that it cames from Sonarr and identifies it as a TV Show, so it starts downloading it.  So here is where folder mappings within the programs (Sonarr, Radarr, etc.) the dockers are running and what they are initialized with from the same screenshots you showed here.  

In my setup, NZBget (your SABnzb) is set within the actual program to start downloading to: /downloads/incomplete which is mapped to /mnt/user/downloads/incomplete on the actual UNraid array.  Once it finishes downloading NZBget is set to extract and move the file to: /downloads/completed/tv-shows which is mapped to /mnt/user/downloads/completed/tv-shows on the UNraid array.  

When NZBget finishes downloading the TV show Sonarr sent to it, it will then send a link back to Sonarr saying the recently downloaded file it located:  /downloads/completed/tv-shows/WhateverShowJustDownloaded/  which is mapped to /mnt/user/downloads/completed/tv-show/WhateverShowJustDownloaded/

Set with in Sonarr is the same mapping.  So Sonarr knows that recently downloaded TV shows will be in /downloads/completed/tv-shows/WhateverShowJustDownloaded/  

Then it can start its magic of moving the tv-show to where I store my media, which is mapped within Sonarr to: /tv which equates to /mnt/user/tv-shows/ on my UNraid array.  

The same thing happens with Radarr, and it doesn't matter whether the file is downloaded with NZBget (SABnzb) or Deluge.  The only exception in my setup is that Deluge downloads to /data and NZBget downloads to /downloads.  Both folder mappings point to the same location on the UNraid array.  So I initialized both my Sonarr and Radarr dockers with both /data and /downloads, both pointing to the same spot on the array.  It has worked perfectly fine since I've set it up, and I am really just to lazy to go back to make it all the same.  

I think this may have been where some of your problems stem from, and hopefully this points you in the right direction.  

Folder Mappings:

Deluge:

/data <-->  /mnt/user/Downloads/
/config <-->  /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn

Sonarr:

/tv <--> /mnt/user/TV-Shows/
/downloads <--> /mnt/user/Downloads/

Radarr:

/movies <-->  /mnt/user/Movies/
/data <--> /mnt/user/Downloads/
/config <--> /mnt/user/appdata/radarr

NZBget:

/downloads <-->  /mnt/user/Downloads/
/config <--> /mnt/user/appdata/nzbget

22 hours ago, guy2545 said:

Okay so it looks like on the basic level there is a small problem with your mapping of folders to the dockers, and then how you and the programs interact with the folder mappings.  I've posted mine below as an example.  By no means am I saying you need to match your folder mappings to mine, but just showing how it should work.  

So lets walk through the problem.  Sonarr finds a new show in your wanted list, so it sends the information over to SABnzb (I use NZBget, but the process in the same basically).  Think of the information Sonarr sends as basically like a website link.  SABnzb gets this link, sees that it cames from Sonarr and identifies it as a TV Show, so it starts downloading it.  So here is where folder mappings within the programs (Sonarr, Radarr, etc.) the dockers are running and what they are initialized with from the same screenshots you showed here.  

In my setup, NZBget (your SABnzb) is set within the actual program to start downloading to: /downloads/incomplete which is mapped to /mnt/user/downloads/incomplete on the actual UNraid array.  Once it finishes downloading NZBget is set to extract and move the file to: /downloads/completed/tv-shows which is mapped to /mnt/user/downloads/completed/tv-shows on the UNraid array.  

When NZBget finishes downloading the TV show Sonarr sent to it, it will then send a link back to Sonarr saying the recently downloaded file it located:  /downloads/completed/tv-shows/WhateverShowJustDownloaded/  which is mapped to /mnt/user/downloads/completed/tv-show/WhateverShowJustDownloaded/

Set with in Sonarr is the same mapping.  So Sonarr knows that recently downloaded TV shows will be in /downloads/completed/tv-shows/WhateverShowJustDownloaded/  

Then it can start its magic of moving the tv-show to where I store my media, which is mapped within Sonarr to: /tv which equates to /mnt/user/tv-shows/ on my UNraid array.  

The same thing happens with Radarr, and it doesn't matter whether the file is downloaded with NZBget (SABnzb) or Deluge.  The only exception in my setup is that Deluge downloads to /data and NZBget downloads to /downloads.  Both folder mappings point to the same location on the UNraid array.  So I initialized both my Sonarr and Radarr dockers with both /data and /downloads, both pointing to the same spot on the array.  It has worked perfectly fine since I've set it up, and I am really just to lazy to go back to make it all the same.  

I think this may have been where some of your problems stem from, and hopefully this points you in the right direction.  

Folder Mappings:

Deluge:

/data <-->  /mnt/user/Downloads/
/config <-->  /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn

Sonarr:

/tv <--> /mnt/user/TV-Shows/

Radarr:

/movies <-->  /mnt/user/Movies/
/data <--> /mnt/user/Downloads/
/config <--> /mnt/user/appdata/radarr

NZBget:

/downloads <-->  /mnt/user/Downloads/
/config <--> /mnt/user/appdata/nzbget

That was very helpful, thank you. I understand much better now. I also had some wonderful assistance from a gentleman on Reddit yesterday and we were able to clear up some stuff.

Everything seems to be working fine now up until this point in your description:

I've got all the media downloading and extracting properly for the most part, but neither sonarr, nor radarr, seem to be attempting to move the files (nor rename them) to where they're supposed to go in my collection. Everything in the "Media Management" section of both Sonarr and Radarr looks correct, and I cannot see any glaring errors in the logs within Sonarr/Radarr.

I'm not quite sure where to look to correct this (seemingly) last fault.

5 hours ago, Netbug said:

That was very helpful, thank you. I understand much better now. I also had some wonderful assistance from a gentleman on Reddit yesterday and we were able to clear up some stuff.

Everything seems to be working fine now up until this point in your description:

I've got all the media downloading and extracting properly for the most part, but neither sonarr, nor radarr, seem to be attempting to move the files (nor rename them) to where they're supposed to go in my collection. Everything in the "Media Management" section of both Sonarr and Radarr looks correct, and I cannot see any glaring errors in the logs within Sonarr/Radarr.

I'm not quite sure where to look to correct this (seemingly) last fault.

Can you attach your logs for Sonarr/Radarr for after you have downloaded something.  That way we can see what is happening and why the files are not being picked up? 

Hey, all.

Just wanted to give a quick update. An extremely kind and knowledgeable chap from Reddit spent the last two evenings for a total of about 5 hours logged in to my machine with me over teamviewer and corrected the vast majority of the problems. They were many and we had to make a number of changes. A bunch of switches in various dockers were incorrect along with some pathing confusion, but it all seems to have been cleared up now.

I've also got a cache drive installed and running now.

At present, it's just running a final move in a Sonarr docker (which will take about 5 hours) and then (fingers crossed), I'll be up and running :)

I'm going to mark this as "Solved"

Thank you so much for all your feedback and help