Lubuntu as OS for Kodi

wizard84

hello, i'm preparing a machine for one of my friend and i'm trying to use VMs and dockers to concentrate all the functions in the same box....

HW

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P LGA1151 ATX

CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz 6MB

VGA: Asus GeForce GT 1030 GT1030-SL-2G-BR 2GB

OS

Unraid 6.3.5

Config

i set in the bios the primary video output to the integrated intel, to be sure that i don't have to dump the bios and put the tag in the xml as i read in other articles.

i tried first of all to use the embedded openelec vm templace with the GPU in passthrough mode but i think that the embedded version is not compatible with my hardware (nvidia pascal architecture not supported). Then i tried to use the custom template (install .img file as primary disk) to install openelec (And also libreelec) from scratch but i got the same video card issue.

I created a new unbutu machine and i installed lubuntu 16.04 LTS with the latest version of the nvidia driver (adding the video repo) but i got some strange issues: kodi was not able to play the video in the correct way (after some seconds, the video was freezing but kodi was not crashed, the play bar was proceeding...), gnome player was able  to play the video without issues... the setup is a work in progress, maybe i'm taking the wrong approach, i read several topics but i'm not able to understand where is the mistake.