[Support] binhex - Airsonic

hi i have a couple issues with app 

1..  when i add a radio station for streaming  it pops up on the left hand side i can start it by hitting the play button... but you cant stop it  no way to pause

and the bottom of screen the pause and volume does nothing...

2..  i set the Players option  to Jukebox  so its supposed to use the Unraid Server Soundcard/onboard motherboard sound card... yet it still playing through the web page on my desktop...  so its not going through the internal soundcard on my unraid server... how do i fix that so it goes through that not the webpage when i gui log into site

and how would i get it to stream internet radio to the unraid server soundcard while also the webgui screen be closed as i dont want to have it open on my desktop to stream radio through the built in sound card... 

Edited by comet424
On 7/14/2019 at 8:10 PM, comet424 said:

1..  when i add a radio station for streaming  it pops up on the left hand side i can start it by hitting the play button... but you cant stop it  no way to pause

and the bottom of screen the pause and volume does nothing...

this sounds like an airsonic bug, you would need to raise this as such, see the github link in the OP for the "application" and go to the issues tab.

On 7/14/2019 at 8:10 PM, comet424 said:

2..  i set the Players option  to Jukebox  so its supposed to use the Unraid Server Soundcard/onboard motherboard sound card... yet it still playing through the web page on my desktop...  so its not going through the internal soundcard on my unraid server... how do i fix that so it goes through that not the webpage when i gui log into site

i have not heard of anybody attempting pass through of audio cards from the unraid host, i am not sure if this is possible.

• 5 months later...

i just get this now when I click the webui. Have had this container for a while.

<html><head><title>Airsonic Error</title></head><body><h2>Airsonic Error</h2><p>The directory <b>/config</b> is not writable. Please change file permissions, then restart the servlet container.</p><p>(You can override the directory location by specifying -Dairsonic.home=... when starting the servlet container.)</p></body></html>

Not sure why its not writable anymore. Any ideas?

Edited by mkono87
7 minutes ago, Squid said:

One idea is that your cache drive has been mounted read-only  Diagnostics would show that...

If you mean setting the appdata to RW slave, I did that. Its on a separate ssd.

I just nuked the container and config folder. Started over. All is well.

Edited by mkono87
  • 3 months later...

I'm Having issues with FLAC transcodes with new update 10.6.1-RELEASE. Song will start then stop at about 35 sec mark using Google Chrome. When using Edge or Android app it will continue to next song and still only play about 35 secs. This issue is not present in v10.5.0-01.

2020-05-04 21:52:29.544  INFO --- o.a.p.io.TranscodeInputStream            : Starting transcoder: [/config/transcode/ffmpeg] [-i] [/music1/Monophonics - Mirrors (2018) [WEB] [FLAC]/04 - Lying.flac] [-map] [0:0] [-b:a] [192k] [-v] [0] [-f] [mp3] [-] 
2020-05-04 21:52:29.545  WARN --- o.a.p.service.TranscodingService         : Transcoder failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/config/transcode/ffmpeg": error=2, No such file or directory. Using original: /music1/Monophonics - Mirrors (2018) [WEB] [FLAC]/04 - Lying.flac
2020-05-04 21:52:30.162  WARN --- o.a.p.c.StreamController                 : Stream output exceeded expected length of 7464000. It is likely that the transcoder is not adhering to the bitrate limit or the media source is corrupted or has grown larger

any suggestions ?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Brownboy said:

I'm Having issues with FLAC transcodes with new update 10.6.1-RELEASE. Song will start then stop at about 35 sec mark using Google Chrome. When using Edge or Android app it will continue to next song and still only play about 35 secs. This issue is not present in v10.5.0-01.

2020-05-04 21:52:29.544  INFO --- o.a.p.io.TranscodeInputStream            : Starting transcoder: [/config/transcode/ffmpeg] [-i] [/music1/Monophonics - Mirrors (2018) [WEB] [FLAC]/04 - Lying.flac] [-map] [0:0] [-b:a] [192k] [-v] [0] [-f] [mp3] [-] 
2020-05-04 21:52:29.545  WARN --- o.a.p.service.TranscodingService         : Transcoder failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/config/transcode/ffmpeg": error=2, No such file or directory. Using original: /music1/Monophonics - Mirrors (2018) [WEB] [FLAC]/04 - Lying.flac
2020-05-04 21:52:30.162  WARN --- o.a.p.c.StreamController                 : Stream output exceeded expected length of 7464000. It is likely that the transcoder is not adhering to the bitrate limit or the media source is corrupted or has grown larger

any suggestions ?

Thanks.

you probably want to raise this as an issue on the airsonic github repo:- https://github.com/airsonic/airsonic/issues

of interest?:- https://github.com/airsonic/airsonic/issues/1597

Edited by binhex
On 5/5/2020 at 4:19 AM, binhex said:

you probably want to raise this as an issue on the airsonic github repo:- https://github.com/airsonic/airsonic/issues

of interest?:- https://github.com/airsonic/airsonic/issues/1597

Thanks, I haven't raised this issue on github yet i wanted to ask you one thing first.

I dove further into this issue and found the file ffmpeg is not located in the dir /usr/bin/ffmpeg. that file is supposed to have a symbolic link to /config/transcode/ffmpeg. Even though i cannot find ffmpeg in /usr/bin the symbolic link is still being created somehow. When i manually downloaded the file ffmpeg and copied to /usr/bin set the correct permissions and restarted the container it worked perfect. I tried both ffmpeg version 4.2.1-static and also 4.2.2-static. both versions worked fine. Is it possible to rebuild the container with the ffmpeg file inside /usr/bin ?

14 hours ago, Brownboy said:

Thanks, I haven't raised this issue on github yet i wanted to ask you one thing first.

I dove further into this issue and found the file ffmpeg is not located in the dir /usr/bin/ffmpeg. that file is supposed to have a symbolic link to /config/transcode/ffmpeg. Even though i cannot find ffmpeg in /usr/bin the symbolic link is still being created somehow. When i manually downloaded the file ffmpeg and copied to /usr/bin set the correct permissions and restarted the container it worked perfect. I tried both ffmpeg version 4.2.1-static and also 4.2.2-static. both versions worked fine. Is it possible to rebuild the container with the ffmpeg file inside /usr/bin ?

ive included a statically built version of ffmpeg in the build of the image, can you please pull down and try it and let me know if this resolves the issue.

3 hours ago, binhex said:

ive included a statically built version of ffmpeg in the build of the image, can you please pull down and try it and let me know if this resolves the issue.

i pulled the new image and everything is working great. No problems. Log looks good. thank you!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Just want to thank binhex for all of their work on this. I've really enjoyed tinkering with it. I'm trying to come up with an audio solution that will get my media out of Emby and can also be played on my phone and at work. This seems to tick all those boxes.

I do have a question - is there any chance the code for add all and shuffle could be modified or optimized? If I try to do either for a playlist that has over 1K songs, it takes a long, long time before you can actually play anything. I've never experienced this with Emby, Plex or JRiver. Just asking. Thanks!

23 hours ago, Keek Uras said:

Just want to thank binhex for all of their work on this. I've really enjoyed tinkering with it. I'm trying to come up with an audio solution that will get my media out of Emby and can also be played on my phone and at work. This seems to tick all those boxes.

I do have a question - is there any chance the code for add all and shuffle could be modified or optimized? If I try to do either for a playlist that has over 1K songs, it takes a long, long time before you can actually play anything. I've never experienced this with Emby, Plex or JRiver. Just asking. Thanks!

Most likely nobody here is going to be a person who codes for the project directly, including @binhex. He just bundles and creates the docker template/container, not the application itself. You'll want to go to their github and create an issue there if you want someone to look at it.

You could also look into trying Airsonic-Advanced instead as I believe they forked Airsonic and are more aggressively developing it, including performance enhancements. Perhaps that's something they've fixed. There is a docker template out there for it for unRAID in Community Apps.

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, deusxanime said:

Most likely nobody here is going to be a person who codes for the project directly, including @binhex. He just bundles and creates the docker template/container, not the application itself. You'll want to go to their github and create an issue there if you want someone to look at it.

You could also look into trying Airsonic-Advanced instead as I believe they forked Airsonic and are more aggressively developing it, including performance enhancements. Perhaps that's something they've fixed. There is a docker template out there for it for unRAID in Community Apps.

Thank you very much for your response. I'll check into both.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, comet424 said:

i can not get the internet streaming option to work .. i add  "http://live.leanstream.co/CFMJAM" as the stream address and a name  hit save

and when i press play.. i get an error popping up top right.. where is the log file to record what the error is why its happening etc

the log file you are looking for i believe is located at /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-airsonic/airsonic.log. i tried this stream and also get the same error.

the first two log lines looks like this: 

2020-09-20 20:27:38.288 ERROR --- o.a.p.s.InternetRadioService             : Failed to retrieve sources for internet radio http://livestream.com/CFMJAM/.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://livestream.com/cfmjam/

not sure why the second line shows https when the stream you are connecting to is http.. 

Hope this helps some. 

yaa i dunno  like the link works in web browser  if you just past it in  so it cant be the the link

last year i wanted  the jukebox option  for sonic to output to the unraid's soundcard but never got a solution  never presuded it more in here

but i re trying the app since there been updates 

but i deleted the log file as it was long and restarted docker  go figure it doesnt work anymore lol  page cant be found  gonna try to reboot the unraid.. but frustrating... 

as i really want a simple app  like  MPD  i have on raspberry pi the link works for it and you can  control it from the phone   but havent found a docker for unraid to do the same as the MPD 

update i removed and reinstalled airsonic...  page still cant be found so now its glitched and wont even run  even after a reboot of unraid..

doesnt work on Chrome or MS Edge  this happened after i deleted the log file... like frig

sensitive programs

Edited by comet424
On 9/20/2020 at 8:52 PM, comet424 said:

yaa i dunno  like the link works in web browser  if you just past it in  so it cant be the the link

last year i wanted  the jukebox option  for sonic to output to the unraid's soundcard but never got a solution  never presuded it more in here

but i re trying the app since there been updates 

but i deleted the log file as it was long and restarted docker  go figure it doesnt work anymore lol  page cant be found  gonna try to reboot the unraid.. but frustrating... 

as i really want a simple app  like  MPD  i have on raspberry pi the link works for it and you can  control it from the phone   but havent found a docker for unraid to do the same as the MPD 

update i removed and reinstalled airsonic...  page still cant be found so now its glitched and wont even run  even after a reboot of unraid..

doesnt work on Chrome or MS Edge  this happened after i deleted the log file... like frig

sensitive programs

I think I found somewhat of a workaround to this issue.. you will need the airsonic advanced docker and also daapd docker for this to work. install the daapd docker and add the stream http://live.leanstream.co/CFMJAM to the queue and press play.. you can then use the stream address (mine looks like this http://192.168.1.241:3689/stream.mp3) and add it to airsonic advanced stream url and it should work. It seems that airsonic does not like aac streams.. mp3 streams work fine but every aac stream I tried did not work. 

Not sure if this was what you were looking for but does work well for me.

• 6 months later...
14 hours ago, musicking said:

Looks like the latest version pushed 9 hours ago cleared my config and prompted first time run guide. I rolled back to v10.6.2-01 and my config is now working.

thanks for reporting this, issue corrected, please pull down tag latest at your convenience. 

• 6 months later...